News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mancini racing customer service

Started by 70mopar500, June 15, 2017, 03:26:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70mopar500

:soapbox: I bought a set of Mancini racings brand roller rockers. They were disassembled and no directions in the package. Ok I'm not a idiot. It's mostly self explanatory. But there's​ oil holes drilled in a about a 30* angle. I just needed​ to know the orientation of the holes. And if the shaft needed any assembly Lube. So I decided to call them and instead of telling me what the orientation was. He decided to tell me that I should know how to do this, and I need to get a Chrysler engine manual to look it up. Mind you. I just spent$1,300 on parts from them. Instead of just telling me but I needed to know. I guess you have to be a professional mechanic to buy and install Mancini racing parts. So if you're a shade tree mechanic and enjoy the hobby you're screwed. So I texted my bud Bob and in three words he told me what to do, holes (towards exhaust port.) thanks Bob moparsr2fast .   :2thumbs: 🔧🔩🔧 Rich
Rich 70 charger 500 440.  07 Ram Quad cab 1500 5.7 HEMI, 80 Camaro RS 350

DAY CLONA

Just imagine how many calls a day Mancini Racing gets, every day, minute, after minute, hour after hour, day after day, week after week, month after month, year, after year  :popcrn: plus repeat calls from those lacking any common sense, and or a simple grasp of the English language (rednecks included), and along with a complete lack of any skill sets, or too lazy to do their own research on the subject at hand, then you'd understand why they may have been curt with you, their business is to sell parts, not a tech line, so it's probably best that you text Bob from now on  :scratchchin:

Aero426

Quote from: DAY CLONA on June 15, 2017, 04:16:30 PM
Just imagine how many calls a day Mancini Racing gets, every day, minute, after minute, hour after hour, day after day, week after week, month after month, year, after year  :

Yep.   And if the caller spent the money with Mancini, he's entitled to some basic customer service about THEIR PRODUCT.         

Bad B-rad

I also have  purchased those roller rockers, and they also did not include any instructions. I thought that was BS.
I have called there tech line(years ago, and MANY times) and always found them super helpful, and very nice. They always took the time to help me find the answer to the issue I was having, I thought they were great, now that was prob about 10 years ago. So I guess things over there are different, or people just suck now a days.
But those roller rockers were nothing but problems on my 440, they kept coming loose and out of adjustment, what a PITA they were. I hope you have better luck, with yours and sorry for your poor dealing with them, I just bought some stuff from them and the price on there steel shim head gasket was great!!!
It sucks they treated you like that after dropping that kind of coin, I would also be pissed.
Mancini is one of my favorite Mopar venders, I feel bad for you, maybe call back and talk to a manager or something and explain your issue, give them a chance to make it up to you, maybe a gift cert or coupon, worth a shot, as I said they have always been great to me.

Kern Dog

Just imagine how many calls a day Mancini Racing gets, every day, minute, after minute, hour after hour, day after day, week after week, month after month, year, after year  :popcrn: plus repeat calls from those lacking any common sense, and or a simple grasp of the English language (rednecks included), and along with a complete lack of any skill sets, or too lazy to do their own research on the subject at hand, then you'd understand why they may have been curt with you, their business is to sell parts, not a tech line, so it's probably best that you text Bob from now on  :scratchchin:

Oh piss off with your high and mighty attitude. Step down and dwell among the unwashed masses and smell the air the rest of us breathe.
There are some companies that sell parts like this. I too bought a set of roller rockers from Mancini that came with shims, spacers and no pictures, schematics or anything. How the fuck is someone supposed to know how they go together with absolutely nothing to go by?
Can you build a house? Plumb a sprinkler system? Build your own computer? I'll bet that you cannot and that if you tried to do any of those things, you'd need some sort of help and instructions. Same here. EVERY Holley carburetor that I have bought includes a tuning guide. Intake manifolds come with instructions. TTI headers includes a booklet for installation. If you sell parts, you need to provide some basic help. This isn't Amazon or some faceless robotic warehouse we are talking about.
I called Mancini when I got my kit. The man apologized that there were no instructions and said that they were trying to get some basic instructions to be included in future orders.

timmycharger

Quote from: Kern Dog on June 15, 2017, 11:15:15 PM

Oh piss off with your high and mighty attitude. Step down and dwell among the unwashed masses and smell the air the rest of us breathe.
There are some companies that sell parts like this. I too bought a set of roller rockers from Mancini that came with shims, spacers and no pictures, schematics or anything. How the fuck is someone supposed to know how they go together with absolutely nothing to go by?
Can you build a house? Plumb a sprinkler system? Build your own computer? I'll bet that you cannot and that if you tried to do any of those things, you'd need some sort of help and instructions. Same here. EVERY Holley carburetor that I have bought includes a tuning guide. Intake manifolds come with instructions. TTI headers includes a booklet for installation. If you sell parts, you need to provide some basic help. This isn't Amazon or some faceless robotic warehouse we are talking about.
I called Mancini when I got my kit. The man apologized that there were no instructions and said that they were trying to get some basic instructions to be included in future orders.

Kern Dog has some good points here.  Compare this situation with a company like Hughes Engines, I bought my roller rockers from them several years back along with a camshaft and received a nice detailed set of instructions on how to set them up. I still had to call them on something and they were more than happy to help.   :Twocents:

68CoronetRT

Holes go "Down and Out" easy way to remember. Just like "Rotation Retarded" for timing.

I've had my issues with Mancini and their cust support, but they do carry alot of good/usable parts for our older cars, so I just deal with it and move on with life.

Derwud

I do the telephone shit all damn day long and you know what, it is easier and more customer friendly to assist then to say, hey dumb shit, it was in your service manual all along!!
1970 Dodge Charger R/T.. Owned since 1981

ACUDANUT

Most of your questions can be found elsewhere..i.e. youtube

70mopar500

I get it, there is all kinds of ways to get the information I needed. But when you're taking my money, you can spend 2 minutes on the phone to answer a quick question.  Rich

gtx6970

Quote from: 70mopar500 on June 16, 2017, 03:12:36 PM
I get it, there is all kinds of ways to get the information I needed. But when you're taking my money, you can spend 2 minutes on the phone to answer a quick question.  Rich

ding ding

Lennard

:iagree:

Bad B-rad

Quote from: Lennard on June 16, 2017, 04:55:22 PM
:iagree:

You are 100% correct, the customer is always right!(except at my work, were my employer thinks the customer is always an A$$ Hole)

They should have been happy to help you, they were happy to take your money, and its not like it was a Holley carb, or Comp Cam it was THEIR BRANDED roller rockers!!! Their product is what you were calling about!!
But as I said I have called them many times for different issues and they always were super great about everything, and
got me fixed up, no issues, so I am very surprised, most of those guys have, and love Mopars.
I would try and talk to someone over there and they may make it right?(gift certificate,or 25% off, something.)

hemi-hampton

Bad Customer Service is bad for Business :shruggy: :slap:

ACUDANUT

Same way with R/T specialties and a lot more.

alfaitalia

Re Hemi-hamptons post

Correct......look at the bad publicity they are getting on here as a result of not speaking to ONE customer who needed help. I always say that if I treat one of my customers well (as in above my normal great service!...lol) they might tell 5 others if I'm lucky....If I treat one bad (as in not sort a problem or take a call about that problem).....they will tell at least 50 !!!

With the internet and forums like this, you have to up your customer service or be left behind your competition. The company I work for has been here 34 years this year....with many others selling the same products (at often less than us) having come and gone in the meantime. We get good recommendations from our customers that generate new business for us....to the point were we hardly bother advertising anymore. All down to looking after our buyers.....its really not that difficult!! Just common curtesy and spending that little bit of extra time. You cant always help or know the answer but as long as it looks like you tried they are usually happy!!!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

ACUDANUT

alfaitalia

I don't run the whole company....just the sales department. Is a medium sized touring caravan company in the UK....called Chichester Caravans...if that matters!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

moparsr2fast

Im glad at least I knew the answer. I wonder if the gentleman at Mancini wasnt sure off the top of his head, and rather then admit it, gave Rich the run around...?
Bob

70 Charger 500
     2001 Ram 2500 Sport
        2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee
  2006 Dodge Charger Daytona

Nacho-RT74

I simply never bother about Mancini, since they don't have the HABILITY to answer any email ( so then why the post an email on website? )
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

70mopar500

Quote from: moparsr2fast on June 17, 2017, 11:51:06 AM
  Im glad at least I knew the answer. I wonder if the gentleman at Mancini wasnt sure off the top of his head, and rather then admit it, gave Rich the run around...?

If he said he wasn't sure and said he would look into it. I would have been more than understanding.

hemi-hampton

They just need to insert some basic instructions into the box. Problem solved. Not every one is a master mechanic. LEON.