News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

PhotoBucket now charges $399 for third-party hosted images

Started by cdr, June 30, 2017, 07:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nacho-RT74

That's the owner problem, not the board members problem.

Every member post their project, worthly or not, hughe or not. For lot of ppl can be a stupidity, for some other not, sure not for the owner. Opinions are welcomed, but respectfull for every member even more.

Is not the opinion, but the respect shown on the opinion!
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

timmycharger

I wont argue your points below about the costs of the restorations, they are valid.  My point is that you come across as an ass in your posts calling cars junk, etc.  

For some folks to get their foot in the door of this hobby, you have to start with something that may be in rough shape or a "roach" as you call them.

There is also the joy of bringing back a rusted hulk into something nice, doing it themselves and not just dropping it off at a shop and writing a check. There are guys on here that do amazing work bringing these cars back for the future enthusiasts to enjoy, what is wrong with that? it is their money.  

My car is a 318 triple green car from the factory and would have been considered a parts car in your eyes, but in 1997 when I had only 4k to spend on my dream car, it was perfect for me.  I probably dropped over 30K on this car over the last 20 years but It was not all at once, I could not afford it with 3 kids and a mortgage.   This car never was or will be an investment for me, I will continue to throw money at a less than desirable 318 car, I will enjoy it just as much as if it was a matching numbers R/T.

timmycharger

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on July 21, 2017, 08:54:24 AM
That's the owner problem, not the board members problem.

Every member post their project, worthly or not, hughe or not. For lot of ppl can be a stupidity, for some other not, sure not for the owner. Opinions are welcomed, but respectfull for every member even more.

Is not the opinion, but the respect shown on the opinion!

:cheers:

moparnation74

Quote from: Lennard on July 21, 2017, 08:45:06 AM
Quote from: moparnation74 on July 21, 2017, 07:24:34 AM
Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on July 21, 2017, 06:53:51 AM
Since many of the new "project" Charger pictures posted here now are stripped rotted out wrecks that really are just fugitives from the crusher, I can honestly say that I'm glad to see those pictures vanish.

But this does lead to another point; if this is the trend that this site is going towards, it may be worth consideration of a separate category for those who cherish roached out junk. Either that or just rename this forum to rustyjunkdc.com.

Sounds like a worthwhile plan to me.  :2thumbs:

:2thumbs:
Looks like you guys need to dissappear to fbbo.com forever. Wouldn't be a loss. You guys have the rich people syndrome.
That is right it is "Forever" and will be around forever unlike other sites...

Honestly, Leonard do you really think I can take words from a thief to have any meaning? :popcrn:

Lennard

Quote from: moparnation74 on July 21, 2017, 09:18:53 AM
Since many of the new "project" Charger pictures posted here now are stripped rotted out wrecks that really are just fugitives from the crusher, I can honestly say that I'm glad to see those pictures vanish.

But this does lead to another point; if this is the trend that this site is going towards, it may be worth consideration of a separate category for those who cherish roached out junk. Either that or just rename this forum to rustyjunkdc.com.

Sounds like a worthwhile plan to me.  :2thumbs:

Looks like you guys need to dissappear to fbbo.com forever. Wouldn't be a loss. You guys have the rich people syndrome.

Honestly, Leonard do you really think I can take words from a thief to have any meaning? :popcrn:
I've learned early in life to never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience. Now go play with your online friends on fbbo.

moparnation74

Quote from: Lennard on July 21, 2017, 09:25:16 AM
Quote from: moparnation74 on July 21, 2017, 09:18:53 AM

I've learned early in life to never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

A thief is the worst thing in society a true bottom feeder and a complete liar...That is Leonard folks...

alfaitalia

This has gone way off topic and this anger shout be aimed at the greedy inconsiderate bastards at Photo bucket rather than each other..imo of course. However I will play along.....just for one post! Mytur....have you had a bad day...not getting any? You are usually the one I look to for a laugh and light hearted look at stuff. However that was a bit harsh on the less well funded members...that includes me btw! Old cars (ones that look past saving in many cases) are many people's way into the game. Often this leads to a very long resto....not though lack of determination but lack of funds. Took me nearly three months to get the cash together to import my 8-71...because of A, they are triple the price they are their after import and shipping and tax and B, I'm a middle income guy with a nice house on the beach and a wife and son to support. I run a 151,000 mile 14 year old Mercedes CLK 200 Kompressor as my DD..just to keep my other motoring costs down.  Pushing myself financially to get the house I wanted was more important than getting my dream car built. Now on the other side a lot of these rusty cars might never get built......more ambition than skill/cash or they just did not realise the size of the project. I will say that buying one that's basically sound will work out lots cheaper in the long run and be more original....so yes you have a point about some of them... But one of my favourite threads on here is Rust Belt Restoration...which proves it can be done. Imo that car is a Charger copy as so little in original but that's a different topic. So go easy on us less minted folks...I will get there. I have a nearly complete body and a freshly tested block in just over a year so I'm happy with that.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Old Moparz

I can't believe that I have to go back to drawing car pictures with crayons & taping them to the monitor.  ::)
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

moparstuart

Quote from: Old Moparz on July 21, 2017, 01:40:36 PM
I can't believe that I have to go back to drawing car pictures with crayons & taping them to the monitor.  ::)
dont lick the glass
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Old Moparz

Quote from: moparstuart on July 21, 2017, 02:23:07 PM
dont lick the glass

Why?     :shruggy:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

alfaitalia

Quote from: Old Moparz on July 21, 2017, 04:49:26 PM
dont lick the glass

Well because if you have a teenage son and he wanted a left handed mouse for his birthday it won't be just dust on the screen!

moparstuart

:idiot: :idiot: :idiot:
Quote from: alfaitalia on July 21, 2017, 05:02:12 PM
Quote from: Old Moparz on July 21, 2017, 04:49:26 PM
dont lick the glass

Well because if you have a teenage son and he wanted a left handed mouse for his birthday it won't be just dust on the screen!
:rofl:  :idiot: :idiot:

Mytur Binsdirti

In other words, class envy is what it boils down to with you?  Let's see what a big man you are and go over to the wing car section and start throwing "rich people syndrome" around with those owners.  ::)

Quote from: timmycharger on July 21, 2017, 08:58:09 AM
I wont argue your points below about the costs of the restorations, they are valid.  My point is that you come across as an ass in your posts calling cars junk, etc.

The funny thing is that in the "delusional sellers" thread, many cars for sale of varying states are picked apart by members here and about 99.9% of the points are valid. Look through that thread and you'll see many roaches that wouldn't even make a good parts car. However, when someone with visions of grandeur throws up a post of a hulk that they just bought, the person gets praised for "saving another".  Along comes little old me who calls a "fugitive from the crusher" what it really is and I'm a bad guy.    :shruggy:

So which is it?

For some folks to get their foot in the door of this hobby, you have to start with something that may be in rough shape or a "roach" as you call them.
There is also the joy of bringing back a rusted hulk into something nice, doing it themselves and not just dropping it off at a shop and writing a check.

Some people are blessed with the talent of being able to do bodywork, and I agree, there are some VERY talented people here, but for every talented person, there are 10 more who don't know what they have gotten themselves into and are just way over their head. Then there are those who have poorly slapped together cars and Ebay ads are full of cars like that.

There is nothing wrong with those who can afford to drop it off and write a check. Personally, I know my limitations, and bodywork aint it, nor do I have the desire to do bodywork. However, everything else I can pretty much do.

My car is a 318 triple green car from the factory and would have been considered a parts car in your eyes, but in 1997 when I had only 4k to spend on my dream car, it was perfect for me.  I probably dropped over 30K on this car over the last 20 years but It was not all at once, I could not afford it with 3 kids and a mortgage.   This car never was or will be an investment for me, I will continue to throw money at a less than desirable 318 car, I will enjoy it just as much as if it was a matching numbers R/T.

Anyone who reads my posts know how I feel about triple green cars.  :lol: But I would be willing to bet that your $4,000.00 car  was a hell of a lot better starting point than the piles of rust in question today. Case in point....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Dodge-Charger-/232398912614?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160908105057%26meid%3D75cef357eeaa4ba384ea7dd39a88b838%26pid%3D100675%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D15%26sd%3D232398912614&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=hwD8fBkmz7KEEUVQn8575kfW0Kg%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Can someone please explain to me how on God's green earth that this thing is worth $3,900.00? But apparently, some fool with more money than brains bought it.  Call me a jerk for saying that, but it is the truth.

JR

^So anyone who enjoys building (or rescuing) an otherwise left for dead Charger is an idiot?

And people who choose to spend their time (and money)  in the hobby differently than you do are wrong?

Boy, I'm glad you cleared that up.

Pack it up guys, Binsdirti said we're wasting our time, so it must be true. We're not worthy of Mopar ownership.

I mean, it's not like it's up to each owner to spend his own time and money on whatever he damn well pleases, right?

Naaah.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: JR on July 21, 2017, 10:04:05 PM
^So anyone who enjoys building (or rescuing) an otherwise left for dead Charger is an idiot?

In some cases no, but in many cases yes. Take this gem on ebay right now for example....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-Dodge-Charger-/311921217937?hash=item489ff41191:g:YJEAAOSw4dxZcimY&vxp=mtr

This car is a complete rust bucket with some of the bad sheetmetal removed and some AMD sheetmetal barely tacked in place to make it look less hideous than is really is. It's obvious that this guy doesn't have the skill (and most likely money)  to finish the job and properly do what he did. Obviously, he's already invested quite a bit of money in sheetmetal, a radiator and other stuff, but what he's really got is an overpriced barely polished turd. Of course the seller is delusional with his asking price, but it most likely will get sold at some point, most likely to someone else who doesn't know what they are looking at or what they are in for.

And people who choose to spend their time (and money)  in the hobby differently than you do are wrong?

Don't be snarky, did I ever say anything remotely like that? Different people have different budgets and skill levels, but most people seem to overestimate the condition of a car and underestimate the amount of time, work and money that needs to go into it. The better car you buy  up front, the less work and money will need to be spent in the long run.  Cheering people on when they are buying junk does not do them any good, especially when you know nothing about them or their skill levels.  

Boy, I'm glad you cleared that up.

Pack it up guys, Binsdirti said we're wasting our time, so it must be true. We're not worthy of Mopar ownership.

I mean, it's not like it's up to each owner to spend his own time and money on whatever he damn well pleases, right?

Naaah.

Let's step away from Dodge Chargers for a moment. I'm sure that you realize that other vehicles have followings as well, such as VW Beetles. In your opinion, are these vehicles below  candidates for restoration or are they just junk?

And since you are so smart, how about using the same analogy on something different than a car. Let's hear your opinion whether the house below is worth "restoring" or not?

Using your own reasoning, anyone who critiques the VW's and the house by honestly telling the truth is just an A-hole. After all, as you stated above, it's up to the owner to spend his own time and money on whatever he damn well pleases, right?

Dino

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Nacho-RT74

I tell once again what I have being telling in couple of sentences:

-- it's at owner choose.

-- You can be wrong or right ( owner too ), but RESPECT on the opinion is the deal.

I'm gonna post one Charger example... my car is a 74 and maybe I have spend the same than restoring a 69 on same conditions. Am I stupid making it because the 74 will worth half of the 69 at the end of the job? Or doesn't matter if I like my 74 ? Is what it worths the rule or is what I like ? Or maybe what I have in hands being no 2nd gens available ? What must be the rule on my life ? Everybody's opinion or my own opinion? I can heard opinions and take some, but I rule my life. You are not on everybody shoes to think or decide who is totally wrong or totally right on their own decisions.

Let's get it back on topic!

Its offensive to you those pics with pieces of junk like you said? Well, sorry my friend, all those are accepted by everybody and maybe lot of them ( members/projects ) are here before you become a member of the board. Sorry if bothers you, but its an open board and EVERYBODY deserves respect.

Once again, opinions are welcomed, including your ones, BUT RESPECT is the base of the opinion to keep the nice mood on board. Some of us are here since 2000-2002 when this family began to grow up and the nice mood has being the rule. Don't disturb it please.

I'm telling it gently.

Jokes are welcomed too, but, even those must be respectful

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html

Nacho-RT74

BTW, Beetle parts are cheap enough, easy to come by and replace to get in on those projects and still worth the effort! If the guy is Beetle fan, sure will worthly for him.

Is not just the destination, but the journey!

Even that house! Not for you of course, but MAYBE somebody is dreaming with something like that! The challenge on the journey, the final dream on the destination!

RESPECT ON EVERYBODY'S DREAMS AND OPINIONS. That's all!

You can say is crazyness and maybe it is, but you can't say the guy is an idiot. You don't know what are the feelings on owners or buyers.

Sounds like a worthwhile plan to me.  :2thumbs:

This was really unrespectfull for sure.

Restore those "fugitives" deserves more respect to the owner than just buy a nice unrestored car.

And no, the board won't change to that name. Maybe could change to HELPANDSUPPORTTOEVERYCHARGEROWNERDREAM.COM which has being the mood since ever and where your opinions are still welcomed as far are posted with respect!

Have I told the respect word too much ? LOL

moparnation74

The problem is the FAKE praise delivered.  Cars are ripped apart in the Delusional Charger thread but then some of those same people praise a guy for purchasing something even worse....

It's the adage "Say one thing and then do another".....People "Speaking with two tongues"

For example, if I considered purchasing a car for a restoration even with the experience that I have I still ask a my friends in the hobby.....People that put the relationship aside and give me a true honest answer....Not some buttering up person blowing smoke up people Azz.....Trying to be the "good guy" on a forum...Stuff they would say "Heck NO" too.....

This has nothing to do with the car is has all to do with Honesty!

Nacho-RT74

That's another story! If ppl can't stand their opinions with actions is another deal. I'm just talking about respect on the opinion. Even more here where most of us don't know personally.

VegasCharger

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on July 22, 2017, 06:59:43 AM
BTW, Beetle parts are cheap enough, easy to come by and replace to get in on those projects and still worth the effort! If the guy is Beetle fan, sure will worthly for him.

Beetle parts are cheap  enough and easy to come by in comparison to Charger parts, but Dodge Charger parts are cheap enough and easy to come by in comparison to AC Cobra parts & AC Cobra parts are cheap and easy to come by in comparison to 1930's Bugatti parts, so that's all a moot point.

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on July 22, 2017, 06:59:43 AMEven that house! Not for you of course, but MAYBE somebody is dreaming with something like that! The challenge on the journey, the final dream on the destination!

RESPECT ON EVERYBODY'S DREAMS AND OPINIONS. That's all!

You can say is crazyness and maybe it is, but you can't say the guy is an idiot. You don't know what are the feelings on owners or buyers.

If one of your friends who has no experience with home renovations came to you with visions of buying a house like that, are you saying that they should be encouraged? You can't be serious, but if you are, you're really not much of a friend. Personally, I would do whatever I could to prevent my friends from making such an egregious mistake.

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on July 22, 2017, 08:48:40 AM

This was really unrespectfull for sure.

Restore those "fugitives" deserves more respect to the owner than just buy a nice unrestored car.

As stated previously, in some cases yes, but in others no. But now you say that people who buy unrestored cars deserve less respect?  How about telling MoparStuart that  directly on his thread.......  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,128973.0.html

alfaitalia

Those Beetles?....probably not....but similar condition ones with small rear windows, split front screens and 6 volt electrics...hell yeah. The rarity value would make it worth while. The same way a numbers hemi 69 would have to be pretty bad to not be worth a go. But its not all about money as nacho implied. My car will never be worth what I'm paying to build it....but I will never sell it so its worth it to me to have that childhood dream car....and it will be more than worth it for me.....but as a financial investment....nahh...complete disaster! Its priceless to my boy and I hope he never has to sell it either!

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: VegasCharger on July 22, 2017, 09:06:03 AM
Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on July 22, 2017, 05:31:54 AM
....................Take this gem on ebay right now for example....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-Dodge-Charger-/311921217937?hash=item489ff41191:g:YJEAAOSw4dxZcimY&vxp=mtr

HOLY H3LL!!! $23.5K for that!!! NON R/T (like that matters anyways) WTF.  :brickwall:

Watch what you say lest you be branded as a hater. But yes, you are 100% right and I'll say it for you; it's a steaming pile of rhino dung! 

moparstuart

i want one of those beetles to make a bug Drop Bed Bug trailer to haul behind my rat rod   :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: one mans trash another mans treasure