News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

back seat removal...

Started by Bandit72, April 26, 2006, 08:14:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bandit72

how do i remove the back seat on my 72 charger? I know probably a stupid question but i looked at it and couldn't figure it out. Does it just pull "UP" off the little brackets or what? My trunk is stuck shut and i really need to get in so i can get my homework...

later  :icon_smile_cool:
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

71440charger

ok there are two hooks on the top and two hooks on the bottom put you hands in the crease where the seat belts stick through and lift up on the back of the seat the top brackets should pop off then go from there
The Killer Cam

mikepmcs

Just tell the teacher your charger ate your homework.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

71440charger

The Killer Cam

Charger1973

Sometimes its easier with the bottom part out first.  If it comes to that push in (towards the back of the car) and lift up and the bottom part will come right out. 

phat69charger

I don't know if your seat frame locks look like a 69 but heres a picture of mine in my charger the rear of the car is to the left side

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: charger1973 on April 26, 2006, 01:20:41 PM
Sometimes its easier with the bottom part out first.  If it comes to that push in (towards the back of the car) and lift up and the bottom part will come right out. 

That's the real way to make it, and after that the back as stated before.

You need to push it HARD and then lift up to unhooked.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

73chgrSE

Hey, what about the top half. Mine looks to have 2 hooks on the bottom on each side. But they are facing outward. It's not coming up because of those. Do I just bend those inward?

73chgrSE

These are the hooks I'm refering too. How do I go about removing the seat backs?

Brock Samson

my '71 had the hooks bent too,.. it made removing the rear seat damn near impossible... i finally crawled thru the trunk and with a long screw driver and using another "tool' as a fulcum managed to bend them back so they would unhook (Bottom hooks).
under the seat of course i found a treasure trove of items from the original owner dating back to 1971... as I posted about back in may...

i like "The Charger Ate My Homework" excuse...  :smilielol:

73chgrSE

Quote from: Brock Samson on September 27, 2006, 01:12:45 AM
my '71 had the hooks bent too,.. it made removing the rear seat damn near impossible... i finally crawled thru the trunk and with a long screw driver and using another "tool' as a fulcum managed to bend them back so they would unhook (Bottom hooks).
under the seat of course i found a treasure trove of items from the original owner dating back to 1971... as I posted about back in may...

So are you saying they are bent and that is not the correct position? It appears that the only way to get the seatback off would be to bend them.

Brock Samson

yeah i'm saying that if it's impossible to unhook them that COULD be why...

73chgrSE

Thanks, well I did it. I was hoping I wouldn't have to bend those but I did and it was okay.

Lowprofile

Ah, ya gotta love this site and its treasure trove of information! Thanks Guys!  :2thumbs:

Now i'm off to the storage barn to see if I can find, or if I still have a build sheet under the seat!  Someone stole my "plate" under the hood years ago. :icon_smile_angry:

Hopefully, they didn't steal the build sheet too!

Thanks for the info guys.
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL