News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Are old seatbelt sets worth anything?

Started by b5blue, July 19, 2017, 06:08:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

I've replaced all my seat belts with modern are the old ones worth trying to sell, they are old and stained but not really rusted out?  :shruggy:

lukedukem

Quote from: b5blue on July 19, 2017, 06:08:14 AM
I've replaced all my seat belts with modern are the old ones worth trying to sell, they are old and stained but not really rusted out?  :shruggy:

I have seen people clean them up and re-dye them back to original color. What to ask for, idk.
Someone on here or another site had a thread on how they went about restoring them.
It is 400 bucks for a new set from Classic, so i would think someone on a budget would want them.
What color?

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

b5blue

ODZKing

Quote from: lukedukem on July 19, 2017, 09:15:13 AM
Quote from: b5blue on July 19, 2017, 06:08:14 AM
I've replaced all my seat belts with modern are the old ones worth trying to sell, they are old and stained but not really rusted out?  :shruggy:

I have seen people clean them up and re-dye them back to original color. What to ask for, idk.
Someone on here or another site had a thread on how they went about restoring them.
It is 400 bucks for a new set from Classic, so i would think someone on a budget would want them.
What color?

Luke

:iagree:

b5blue

Nacho-RT74

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Bronzedodge

For someone doing a restoration, or someone with a basket case who needed cores - they are absolutely worth something.  If you really want to throw them out, I'll take them.   :smilielol:
Mopar forever!

timmycharger

If you are willing to split them up and sell I would be interested in one of the lap/shoulder belts. I think they are the same for a 68?

b5blue