News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

restoring los muertos

Started by moparqueen, June 25, 2018, 10:19:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparqueen

right now im currently replacing the outer rocker on the drivers side, but here are some pictures i edited so far to show you the changes i've done,
after these rockers, i will be moving on to installing my rear frame rails.
( very nervous but ill be following measurements i found online.)

moparqueen

current progress as to date ****
these aren't welded on yet, this is the drivers side rocker,
before and after
the rocker is clamped on and tack welded,
and the bottom picture is a close up picture of the other side that is finished
(the passengers rocker that is finished)
( u can see that the outer wheel house does not line up to the rocker, the wheel house isn't on permanently but i do know it is something
i need to tweak later)

moparqueen

hey charlie, it's good to see you on here :)
i got rid of my facebook, so instragram and here is where i will be for now on.

moparqueen

thank you fred, i can't wait until i get this car driving, :) and i'm very happy to be apart of this community and sharing my build with you guys.

Fred

What a buzz you'll get out of it when you finally do.    :drive:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

G-man

Hat off to you wanting to do the work.  :2thumbs: It takes a special kinda person to do restoration like that. I find it to be a dog slave job and hate it with a passion. Much easier to give out cash than screw around with all that headache, annoying garbage.

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

moparqueen

Thank you G-man, and honestly the only reason why I started this restoration is because i couldn't afford to buy one.
i figured if i couldn't buy one, i'll make one. lol but yeah, it is s so incredibly stressful, :( idk how many times i've been stuck on what to do and things weren't fitting right and i was freaking out about it. it does suck putting in so much money into something that may or may not come out right in the end.

G-man

Quote from: moparqueen on June 26, 2018, 01:31:30 AM
Thank you G-man, and honestly the only reason why I started this restoration is because i couldn't afford to buy one.
i figured if i couldn't buy one, i'll make one. lol but yeah, it is s so incredibly stressful, :( idk how many times i've been stuck on what to do and things weren't fitting right and i was freaking out about it. it does suck putting in so much money into something that may or may not come out right in the end.

I understand, that's why I haven't got 1. Not in position to buy one right now and not gonna look at what your attempting, it's safer for my sanity lol

Well given the car is in the way it is, you could turn that into anything you want. A Hemi, 440, 500+, fuel injected, any kind of interior custom made or repro etc.

That is the only advantage I see with what you are doing, and a very nice one too.  :icon_smile_big:

moparqueen

G-man, you are so right about that last part, it really does do no good to your sanity what so ever. lol
what's even more funny, is that, before i got into this project, i would look at other peoples projects on here that would post all of their
work from before and after, it looks like just one huge puzzle.
i really did not know what i was getting myself into . . i thought it would come together really easy like a puzzle because it looks easier in the pictures
than what is really going on behind the scenes. . but now ive realized it's more like a puzzle where the pieces look like they fit but actually do not fit lol
i'd have to say the panel fitting is probably the hardest part

Lennard

Quote from: G-man on June 26, 2018, 01:25:39 AM
Hat off to you wanting to do the work.  :2thumbs: It takes a special kinda person to do restoration like that. I find it to be a dog slave job and hate it with a passion. Much easier to give out cash than screw around with all that headache, annoying garbage.
The girl's got bigger cojones than you.  ;D

Baldwinvette77

Awesome project, and it's amazing that you're doing the work yourself, enjoy it! :cheers:

Nacho-RT74

Simplemente... ¡¡¡¡No tengo palabras a pesar de todo lo que podría decir!!!
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

timmycharger

Welcome and great job so far! Looking forward to more progress pics!  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Birdflu

What an inspiration to anyone younger looking to get into the hobby! Having tackled similar projects myself, I have to give you kudos for taking this on yourself especially at your age! Love it when women are able to share the same passion as us men do with this hobby! Good luck!

G-man

Quote from: Lennard on June 26, 2018, 01:45:31 AM
Quote from: G-man on June 26, 2018, 01:25:39 AM
The girl's got bigger cojones than you.  ;D

You looking at the car or her?  :slap:

Dino

Dial down the testosterone gents   ;)

Awesome work lady! Very cool.

Yes please please use a respirator, silicosis is no joke.

So what's your background? You seem to be more than capable of tackling the job at hand. I restored cars for a living, in a previous life, and it's not the easiest job in the world.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

orange383

This is great. You are doing pretty much the same as I am except you are further ahead then me. I'm looking forward to seeing how you tackle the frame rails as my car needs rails too.
I'm making a frame jig for mine to keep everything in place. I know my car isn't square so the jig will help me get that right.

Definately invest in the appropriate PPE. It sucks having spend money on respirators and ear defenders etc instead of the car but it is worth it in the long run. It's no good if you are too ill or worse no longer around to enjoy your car because you didn't look after yourself.
I use a Sundstrom full face mask with a dust and vapour filter. It's propably the best money I ever spent. No dust up the nose and no nasty smells and best of all no risk of grinding dust or projectiles in the eyes!

I actually enjoy this type of work but occasionally I have to walk away and do something else for a day or two as it can be frustrating at times. So rewarding when it starts coming together though.

Please keep the updates coming. I'm looking forward to seeing more!

Matt.

CDN72SE

Very cool, will be watching "his" return from the dead. Welcome to the site, you are doing an amazing job! The car must of got a lot of looks on it's journey home.
1972 Charger SE

moparstuart

WOW  :o  that car did not spend all its life in New Mexico thats for sure .  Your doing an amazing job . Keep up the good work .  :woohoo: :dance:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

spoolinhard

I am pretty sure this car came from up near me. I remember the car disappeared and then popped up on CL in New Mexico. Glad it is being brought back. Keep up the good work.

DAY CLONA

Hi Ashley.

Nice to see your still at it, and determined to forge ahead... once you get past the rust removal and start hanging clean sheetmetal and move into the bodywork stage your project will really start moving, don't be shy, feel free to post away and ask for any advice, lots of great people here willing to offer any help/advice, plus some newbies/old farts that can learn from you as well

Mike

Challenger340

Only wimps wear Bowties !

jessejames

Very Cool!! I love seeing this. Even cooler a female doing the work! Keep it up!!

dual fours

Moparqueen, I just read your post and looked at your pictures and I say ''WOW'', when you put your Blood, Sweat and Tears, yes you will bleed, in to a project like what you are doing, especial a 1968 Dodge Charger, you become a part of that car and it becomes a part of you. When I see the pictures of you working on your Charger in the dark with what looks like a flashlight, I just think WOW what enthusiasm.  But then it is hot in daytime in California. Good luck with your adventure.
1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG