News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Got T-boned in my survivor 69 Charger while doing 55mph today

Started by 70B5Cuda, December 24, 2018, 11:19:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kent

Kent

70B5Cuda

Quote from: kent on January 01, 2019, 06:10:54 PM
How are you feeling?

Still some big bruises on my arms and legs and rib soreness but it could be worse. thanks for asking! still waiting to hear from the other guy's insurance company...
1968 Roadrunner-6.1L, 6 speed, 3.91 Getrag, IRS
1968 Charger- 6.1L, TR-6060, 9"
1968 Charger in RR1 "Ribeye"
1969 Charger in EW1 "S'more"
1969 Charger Survivor-R6, 383, 727.....WRECKED
1970 Barracuda-6.1L, 6 speed, 4.10 S60

kent

Glad to hear it. Man I bet you were soar for a few days. Quite the snap. I know I've been in a few wrecks. Been awhile and I hope it stays that way. Knock on wood.
Good luck with the claim. I hope it goes good (easy) for you.
Kent

mike69440

Wish the other car just went off the road into brush, etc. instead.

Chargers are fairly solid cars.

bakerhillpins

Ugh.. so sorry to hear of this. Glad that you managed to escape with what appears to be limited injuries. Don't be complacent about getting things checked out as some physical issues can take a while to manifest! 
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

timmycharger

Sorry to hear about this, glad it was not as bad as it could have been. 

I'm not sure if this was answered but were you wearing the lap belt only or also the factory shoulder belt?  I tried using my shoulder belt on my 68 and it just doesn't feel comfortable to me. 

Your accident got me thinking about future plans of my car and if I should consider a retro shoulder belt installation like the one I saw in one of the Mopar mags years back. 

6pkrtse

Sorry to see but glad you are okay. Man, that was a hard hit & hat to see another one get destroyed. Like you said originally, cars can be replaced.
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

TexasGeneral

all jokes aside ..I think the front grill was at least worth his first born child ... sooooo.. sue him for at least that ;)  :lol:.. it will at least cover the down payment on the next charger

Oneofthesedays

@7085cuda - any updates? I'm curious have the ins handled your claim. I've asked the ins question a few times and while most reply with which company they have, most have never had to file a claim. Thx

mike69440

Quote from: Oneofthesedays on January 22, 2019, 12:08:53 AM
@7085cuda - any updates? I'm curious have the ins handled your claim. I've asked the ins question a few times and while most reply with which company they have, most have never had to file a claim. Thx

Like the 6 million dollar man (or Car)
Better stronger faster.  Just look at what others have done with  much less to start with.
If you are going to fix it, Really fix it.

70B5Cuda

Thanks for asking. I am pleased to say that Geico (the other guy's insurance) was very good to deal with. The adjuster that came to inspect the car was professional, courteous, and a good communicator. I was really prepared to do battle with them, but I wanted to see how they approached it first. Geico ultimately impressed me and made me a very fair offer, which I accepted. They wrote me a check and gave me the option to buy the car back, which I exercised. Since I have some health problems, I wanted to settle quickly but fairly. They impressed me so much that next time I look at insurance companies for my daily driver vehicles (not classics), I will probably look hard at Geico.

JB400

Good to hear.  Hopefully now you can move full steam ahead on getting your car rebuilt

Moparpoolman

Quote from: 70B5Cuda on January 22, 2019, 10:54:12 PM

Thanks for asking. I am pleased to say that Geico (the other guy's insurance) was very good to deal with. The adjuster that came to inspect the car was professional, courteous, and a good communicator. I was really prepared to do battle with them, but I wanted to see how they approached it first. Geico ultimately impressed me and made me a very fair offer, which I accepted. They wrote me a check and gave me the option to buy the car back, which I exercised. Since I have some health problems, I wanted to settle quickly but fairly. They impressed me so much that next time I look at insurance companies for my daily driver vehicles (not classics), I will probably look hard at Geico.
Most important, Hope you get your health on track soon.  As far as the Insurance company, Did it matter what the "agreed value" with your insurance was or were they going to pay out what they paid even if you only had liability coverage? Thanks

chargervert

Glad to hear that they treated you fairly,now tell them to get that little green dude to start knockin some tin and straightening some panels on the Charger.

67440chrg

Oneofthesedays

Thanks for the reply. Happy to hear that you were treated fairly. Wishing  you a speedy recovery

Charger-Bodie

I hope you get your health all back . Most important part.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Mikesmoparperformance

Holy shit! Glad you are oke and can go home save yo your wife and kids!  Sad about the car them! But we have AMD you can rebuilt her if you want..
MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI

70B5Cuda

Well, The last couple months have been nuts. I am finally prepared to share...I declined medical attention At the scene of the accident but a few hours later, my lovely wife convinced me to go the emergency room, where I received a chest x ray and a head CT scan. The ER Doc pronounced me healthy and sent me home but two days later I received a phone call. The head of radiology was home on the day of the crash. Two days later, he was reviewing the work done over the holiday when he came across my chest x-ray. He spotted a bump on my right humerus (the big bone in the upper arm). Several x-rays/MRI's and 14 days later I was told I have bone cancer in my right arm. I'm only 36 and a father of 5 little ones so it hit me hard. The surgeon/oncologist said that I needed to have the top third of my right humerus cut out and replaced with a cadaver bone. It took 3 weeks to find a cadaver bone that had the right size/profile since the head of the humerus needed to fit my existing rotator cuff/shoulder. It took three weeks of taking it easy because the bone was so thin that it was close to breaking. The picture of the x-ray shows how bad it was-the black void is where the cancer had eaten out the bone. As soon as the bone came in, I had surgery. Before the bone could be removed, the surgeon had to cut/unhook and peel back all the muscles that attach to the shoulder (bicep, tricep, deltoid, pectoral, and 4 back muscles) before cutting the cancerous bone out and grafting in the cadaver bone section with a 6" plate and screws. After the graft, all the muscles had to be sown back in place. I spent 5 days in the hospital where the pain was BRUTAL. The first 5 days at home were pretty rough too but things got much better after that. I've been in a sling for 6 weeks now and I've never sat still so much. The surgeon thinks he got all the cancer, but I will be doing body scans every 3 months for the next 5 years. The bone was sent off for pathology and upon inspection, the bone was hairline fractured but the tissue above it tested clean. The surgeon says this bone can take 6-9 months to heal fully. If it's not healed by 9 months I will have to have another bone graft done so if you're a praying man/woman, please pray for healing. I have to take it really easy for the next year which is NOT MY STYLE!!
I'm not sure why this had to happen, but I believe that all things happen for a reason and I'm truly grateful to God have survived the crash and to have a solid chance at beating this cancer. If you pray, please keep me in your prayers. Enjoy the pictures...
The tumor....

One of my favorite pics from inside the car...

kent

Kent

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

VegasCharger

charger Downunder

[/quote]

Lennard