News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Welding UCA ball joints, yes or no?

Started by Evolution69, March 27, 2019, 04:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evolution69

Moog ball joints screw in but loosley, is it ok to tack weld them in??
Matching numbers 1968 Dodge Charger RT

"Because bad guys always drove Chargers" - Richard Hammond

BLK 68 R/T

armor64

then i test fit mine recently (front end all apart) they were not lose at all going in, not as hard as the old coming out of course, but definitely not loose. are the UCA's damaged at all?

Nacho-RT74

That's a job tipically made in Venezuela. 2 or 3 tack welding points around
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

white

Are the A arms damaged/ stripped out where the upper ball joint goes?

timmycharger

I ended up putting 2 small mig welds on my drivers side UCA/ball joint as it just didn't feel as tight as I thought it should have felt compared to the passenger side.  I put the welds in a place that I could easily grind off if I needed to change out the joint in the future.  It was probably fine but I wanted some peace of mind.  :Twocents:

bakerhillpins

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.