News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The World Leader

Started by Challenger340, May 05, 2020, 09:59:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Challenger340

Is this true ?
The United States is now the World Leader, and quickly closing in to surpass all of the EU and the Russian Federation combined, with the USA having less than half the population !

At this rate, the USA is expected to account for 2/3's of all Global infections by September.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
Only wimps wear Bowties !

Mytur Binsdirti

Yes, that's true and it's all caused by the bad orange man. In fact everything wrong in the world is his fault.   ::)

timmycharger

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on May 05, 2020, 10:26:58 AM
Yes, that's true and it's all caused by the bad orange man. In fact everything wrong in the world is his fault.   ::)

:rofl: Yup, he even managed to get "Murder Hornets" over here as well! Amazing!

c00nhunterjoe

Yup, also in the news with those numbers was that china has 0 cases again..... over here in america we are counting gun shot homicides as covid deaths. 3 in my local city yesterday classified as such. Was on my local station. There are alot of questions being raisee about how they are counting ....

greycharger

The Link didn't say how much bleach we should be drinking every day. The burps are ugly... but clean

Nacho-RT74

I follow the RTVE stats ( official TV in Spain ) and It hasn't reached 70K yet at this moment ( around 2K difference with that website )

https://www.rtve.es/noticias/20200505/mapa-mundial-del-coronavirus/1998143.shtml

maybe is just about diff hour of the day update
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Nacho-RT74

Both stats are also outphased with the WHO stats... but still somehow proportional or consistent with the others.

https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/situation-reports/20200505covid-19-sitrep-106.pdf?sfvrsn=47090f63_2
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Mytur Binsdirti

John_Kunkel

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on May 05, 2020, 01:57:35 PM
Both stats are also outphased with the WHO stats

Pick the numbers you want, gimme a couple of minutes and I'll find a link to confirm that number you choose.  ::)
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

mel t

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on May 05, 2020, 10:26:58 AM

No—it was the Russians.

XH29N0G

Challenger340 - you shouldn't troll us like this.   :lol:  I had a friend who said we stole alot of Canda's top soil during the last ice age.   :smilielol:  The big asian hornets worry me, too.  I first learned about them when I was in France where they said they had been moving across the continent.  They decimate bee populations - perfect bee killing machines - and it is just sad, but unavoidable.  Maybe well be lucky  if the killer bees come in from the south and the hornets from the west.  

I miss my time in western Canada.  Went to school in the liberal bastion of Edmonton, and really enjoyed the people.  The whole COVID thing is difficult, but I think alot of it has been difficult to avoid.  We just hope everyone makes decisions in the best interest of the people and we get treatments lined up quickly.  
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: XH29N0G on May 05, 2020, 05:48:57 PM
Challenger340 - you shouldn't troll us like this.   :lol:  I had a friend who said we stole alot of Canda's top soil during the last ice age.   :smilielol:  The big asian hornets worry me, too.  I first learned about them when I was in France where they said they had been moving across the continent.  They decimate bee populations - perfect bee killing machines - and it is just sad, but unavoidable.  Maybe well be lucky  if the killer bees come in from the south and the hornets from the west.  

I miss my time in western Canada.  Went to school in the liberal bastion of Edmonton, and really enjoyed the people.  The whole COVID thing is difficult, but I think alot of it has been difficult to avoid.  We just hope everyone makes decisions in the best interest of the people and we get treatments lined up quickly.  

You mean that he's a hoser?

XH29N0G

memories of SCTV.   
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Challenger340

Quote from: Challenger340 on May 05, 2020, 09:59:25 AM
Is this true ?
The United States is now the World Leader, and quickly closing in to surpass all of the EU and the Russian Federation combined, with the USA having less than half the population !

At this rate, the USA is expected to account for 2/3's of all Global infections by September.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Hey I wasn't looking for a 'troll'.... or laying blame anywhere ?

Just relaying a facetious statement of fact with statistics according to one source(with link).... that people seem to be trying to turn into something else ?
believe whatever you want.....
my only intent was informational to help people to make informed decisions to personal protection as the lockdowns come off ? and maybe not believe 'all's well' just because the lockdowns are being lifted ?
just say'in....
maybe stay vigilante with distancing/mask etc because the USA is still a hotspot and potentially moreso than anywhere else on the planet ?

mel t

Agree, Everyone should stay home.
Thanks.

Edit;Estimated 55,000,000 infected and 80,000+ deaths in the U.S.A.
Other countries cannot test at U.S.A. levels (hence the higher totals)
R.I.P.  And God bless our lost souls.

Challenger340

Quote from: mel t on May 05, 2020, 10:33:16 PM
Agree, Everyone should stay home.
Thanks.

I don't think people can just stay home ?
Well not and still have any kind of economy left in 3 months ? 6 months ?       

Just say'in....  and again "IMO"... pretty much imperative we all have to get up and get back to work asap.... just hoping we can do it with personal safety front & center as much as possible.

chargerbr549

In my opinion if people would just shut the stupid news off for a while the world would probably be a much better place. Oh damn do I have my head stuck in the sand again, oh well!

Kern Dog

Uhh...

Kern Dog

Another

Kern Dog

Truth

Mike DC

QuoteI don't think people can just stay home ?
Well not and still have any kind of economy left in 3 months ? 6 months ?      

Just say'in....  and again "IMO"... pretty much imperative we all have to get up and get back to work asap.... just hoping we can do it with personal safety front & center as much as possible.

The economy won't be rebounding as soon as they take the restrictions off.  There will be some rebound but it will only take the economy from "stopped" back to "struggling". (Although I'm sure plenty of talking heads will tell the story differently, with piles of distorted data as usual.) 

It won't really get back to normal until the danger is passed, no matter what the govt says or does.  That's just history talking.  This is not the first time a disease has ever stalled an economy.  The lessons are there if we feel like learning something the easy way for a change.  

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: MoparMike68 on May 05, 2020, 03:29:26 PM

Interesting,Nice find.  :scope:

To put things into perspective, when adjusted for today's population, 1.1 million worldwide and 116,000 in the United States in 1957 =  3 billion deaths worldwide and about 210,000 US deaths in 2020.

Maybe they should have shut down!

Mike DC

Quote[To put things into perspective, when adjusted for today's population, 1.1 million worldwide and 116,000 in the United States in 1957 =  3 billion deaths worldwide and about 210,000 US deaths in 2020.

Maybe they should have shut down!

In other words, the present shutdown has been saving tens of thousands of lives.  

Even the mildest estimates about the threat level of Covid (its communicability, mortality rate, etc) are in the ballpark with other bad flu strains.    So either the lockdown has cut the death toll way down or else our Covid deaths are way under-counted.

Kern Dog

Lies.
The TOTAL number of USAs deaths is about the same....only NOW, people with gunshot woulnd are wrongly and illegally classified as Covid deaths to give credence to the disease. I wish people with integrity had the balls to do the right thing.