News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I guess it's easier to LOCK threads than deal with the PROBLEMs ?

Started by Challenger340, May 06, 2020, 01:03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Challenger340

Case in point the recent thread I started called "The World Leader"

It's purpose was NOT in any way 'political'....it was meant to draw attention to a simple FACT.... that statistically as the lockdowns come off, to stay safe because the USA is now the worst epicenter Globally for COVID infections, and that people should remember that, protect themselves and stay safe !

That's it... that's all.... and I clearly stated just THAT in my Thread.

Along comes some A-Hole(and I don't use the term lightly)....  and he turns my thread into a POLITICAL FARCE by posting up POLITICAL memes....
and,
instead of the moderators here DEALING with the "problem" Nit-Wit posting the Political Crap.... they LOCK the entire Thread ??????????????????????????????

THAT simple act by the moderators here, in my opinion only, demonstartes not just an elevated political bias.... not just around the "political" statements being made by some.... but also as to WHO gets away with WHAT ?

IMO,
the 'thread' should NOT have nbeen locked... rather the numbskulls 'political' posts should have been erased ..... and the twit Banned !

It's NOT the "Threads" fault.... nor the valid intent within that ONE A-Hole can't participate properly ?

Only wimps wear Bowties !

John_Kunkel

Quote from: Challenger340 on May 06, 2020, 01:03:23 PM
Along comes some A-Hole(and I don't use the term lightly)....  and he turns my thread into a POLITICAL FARCE by posting up POLITICAL memes....

Ya gotta realize that the individual(s) never had an original thought in their entire lives, all they can do is parrot the party line and the party line conflicts with the gist of your thread.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

timmycharger

It's purpose was NOT in any way 'political'....it was meant to draw attention to a simple FACT.... that statistically as the lockdowns come off, to stay safe because the USA is now the worst epicenter Globally for COVID infections, and that people should remember that, protect themselves and stay safe !

and,
instead of the moderators here DEALING with the "problem" Nit-Wit posting the Political Crap.... they LOCK the entire Thread ??????????????????????????????

THAT simple act by the moderators here, in my opinion only, demonstartes not just an elevated political bias.... not just around the "political" statements being made by some.... but also as to WHO gets away with WHAT ?

IMO,
the 'thread' should NOT have nbeen locked... rather the numbskulls 'political' posts should have been erased ..... and the twit Banned !

It's NOT the "Threads" fault.... nor the valid intent within that ONE A-Hole can't participate properly ?

What do you expect? Not sure if you noticed, but COVID 19 is a pretty polarizing topic these days and has been politicized already by the mainstream media.  Is this your 3rd or 4th thread on this topic?  :shruggy: 

What's the old adage about the definition of insanity? Something about doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result?

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: timmycharger on May 06, 2020, 01:46:15 PM

and,

IMO,

What do you expect? Not sure if you noticed, but COVID 19 is a pretty polarizing topic these days and has been politicized already by the mainstream media.  Is this your 3rd or 4th thread on this topic?  :shruggy: 

What's the old adage about the definition of insanity? Something about doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result?

mel t

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: timmycharger on May 06, 2020, 01:46:15 PM

and,

IMO,

actually it was his 1st thread as far I recall... on the rest he just posted, but didn't started those
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

birdsandbees

Maybe we should just get back to automotive posts and continue arguing on those about whom is right and whom is wrong...  :lol:
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

firefighter3931

IMO,

Hey Bob,

Perhaps the "offender" was a bit over the line but removing the posts amounts to censorship. So rather than removing the thread locking it was the right choice before things got out of hand while still allowing free expression....whether or not we all agree with it or not ?

Look....i'm on the front lines of this mess ; Captain at the busiest station in our city and in the top four statistically in our Country. As such i'm responsible for my crew's safety and by extension their family's safety. Our Firehall does over 6000+ calls per year and the vast majority involve medical responses. Our district houses all of the homeless shelters in the city so our exposure is extreme. Overdoses, IV drug users, homeless people are "routine" calls we experience several times a shift. We go through NarCan like candy here. We're now having to employ full breathing apparatus (SCBA) while responding to all medical calls under the assumption that every patient is Covid positive. The lack of PPE (N95's) has necessitated this change ! Following each call there is a 20 minute decontamination process by our HazMat team. The Crew member(s) must remain "on-air" while this process progresses to completion....before we can go back into service.  :P

I hope this mess will be over soon..... like everyone else. My Job has been significantly complicated as a result of this medical pandemic. Lets stay together during the emergency. There will be lots of time to dissect the facts once we have control of things.

And yes I agree with the economy re-opening with safety measures in place. Any bankrupt country will no longer be able to provide financial/medical support to it's citizens without a revenue stream. It's basic economics.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Kern Dog

Thanks Ron.
You guys are the NEW heros , nobody denies that.  :2thumbs:

Mike DC

QuoteThanks Ron.
You guys are the NEW heros , nobody denies that.  2thumbs

:iagree:

mel t

MoparMike68

[/quote]

Hey Bob,

Perhaps the "offender" was a bit over the line but removing the posts amounts to censorship. So rather than removing the thread locking it was the right choice before things got out of hand while still allowing free expression....whether or not we all agree with it or not ?

And yes I agree with the economy re-opening with safety measures in place. Any bankrupt country will no longer be able to provide financial/medical support to it's citizens without a revenue stream. It's basic economics.

Well said,
I'm in NJ,Thanks Ron, Stay safe!  :cheers:

ACUDANUT

Quote from: birdsandbees on May 06, 2020, 04:57:51 PM
Maybe we should just get back to automotive posts and continue arguing on those about whom is right and whom is wrong...  :lol:

X2

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: birdsandbees on May 06, 2020, 04:57:51 PM

But threads like this are a hell of a lot better than the dopey  "Comunicating with Martains game" or the depressing "DEPRESSION,BLUES,DARK IDEAS,,,,PLEASE ASK AND GET HELP,SOON,PLEASE"

Mike DC

Maybe Dodgecharger.com needs some kind of 'off-topic discussion' forum.  Some websites have them.  :scratchchin:

4cruzin

This is a forum for "Chargers" and also may include just about anything Mopar / car related . . should stick to those topics IMO . . .  :shruggy:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

MoparMike68

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: 4cruzin on May 07, 2020, 10:33:41 AM
This is a forum for "Chargers" and also may include just about anything Mopar / car related . . should stick to those topics IMO . . .  :shruggy:

this:

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on May 07, 2020, 10:32:19 AM

Maybe Dodgecharger.com needs some kind of 'off-topic discussion' forum.  Some websites have them.  :scratchchin:

where we actually are at THIS MOMENT!!!
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html

MoparMike68

I'm assuming that was the point of the second comment.  :slap: :lol:

Nacho-RT74

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: Kern Dog on May 06, 2020, 09:06:00 PM
Thanks Ron.
You guys are the NEW heros , nobody denies that.  :2thumbs:

so, if there is a hero, there is an emergency situation! right ?

LOL

( great job Ron, BTW )

Nacho-RT74

Challenger340

Quote from: firefighter3931 on May 06, 2020, 07:10:47 PM

IMO,

Hey Bob,

Ron

A "Bit over the line" ?

By NOT deleting the post .... and BANNING the poster.... you have in effect granted that 'Offender' a very effective tool in exactly that... CENSORSHIP.... to get locked any thread that HE doesn't think agree's with HIS  'politics' ?
because...
the Offender now KNOWS full well that all he has to do is post up a BS Politic meme.... and get that thread LOCKED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If he doesn't agree that the USA is a 'hotspot' for COVID ?.... nor with anyone that posts a thread around personal safety ? then just don't Post right?

But NO.... you've now granted the child a "tool in the toolbox' to go "political' and get ANYTHING he doesn't agree with LOCKED !

IMO,
That's absolutely B*LLSH*T Ron

Ir someone show me where discussing personal 'safety' during a Pandemic is somehow "political" ????????
or
are we also now denying that there is even a Global pandemic underway due to someone's Political beliefs ?

Only wimps wear Bowties !