News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dennis's long drawn out 70 R/T Resto....

Started by The70RT, March 26, 2007, 08:16:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger1973

Really nice work, wish I was as good. 

I had something in my eye a week or so ago.  At least I thought I did.  It didnt hurt was just irritating like there was an eyelash in it but I couldnt find anything.  The next day I had a bit of a blurry spot but no more irritation, the day after that it was back to normal.  I bet I did have something in there...  I didnt notice it at all until I came in for the night so I dont know what it could have been. 

The70RT

Thanks everyone. Eye is almost back to norm. :scope:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

CharlieCharger

Did you fabricate that piece yourself, or do they repo those, I dont pay much attention to 2nd gen products :P
Earth. Even the word sounded strange to me now... unfamiliar. How long had I been gone? How long had I been back? Did it matter? I tried to find the rhythm of the world where I used to live. I followed the current. I was silent, attentive, I made a conscious effort to smile, nod, stand, and perform the millions of gestures that constitute life on earth. I studied these gestures until they became reflexes again. But I was haunted by the idea that I remembered her wrong -Solaris

69bronzeT5

The resto on my 69 has taken almost 9 years. :icon_smile_blackeye:

Thank god it's gonna be over soon :angel:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

The70RT

Quote from: CharlieCharger on April 16, 2007, 05:16:13 PM
Did you fabricate that piece yourself, or do they repo those, I dont pay much attention to 2nd gen products :P

I got your pm and sent you one back. I didn't tell you, If they (autobody specialties) don't make them for a 3rd gen this maybe could be modified to fit one since it didn't really fit without a bunch of mods.

dpm68

Llove that first shot...it makes me seasick. Nice progress and take care of them peepers.

The70RT

Quote from: dpm68 on April 17, 2007, 11:55:11 AM
Llove that first shot...it makes me seasick. Nice progress and take care of them peepers.

Thanks buddy.

The70RT

Got her blasted and primed a couple weeks ago. Too many things going on in the last couple months.......but I am slowly progressing.

The70RT

more

The70RT

I guess I am happy with the condition of them A few suprises showed up....mostly dings.

hemi-hampton

What color is it going? Looks like it was B5 Blue? LEON.

Lowprofile

I'm jealous bro! :icon_smile_angry: :D

Progress is looking good! I can't wait to get home and work on mine. I need to find a left fender and a front valance......mine got stoved in by a careless tow truck driver who moved it for me. [I wasn't home at the time] Of course he denied doing it. :flame:

Oh well, shit happens.

So, you did all the bodywork/repairs first, then had it blasted/primed?
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

The70RT

Quote from: hemi-hampton on June 03, 2007, 12:25:53 PM
What color is it going? Looks like it was B5 Blue? LEON.

Yep B5. I am staying with the same color combo. If it wasn't an RT :scratchchin:
Quote from: Lowprofile on June 03, 2007, 05:35:31 PM
I'm jealous bro! :icon_smile_angry: :D

Progress is looking good! I can't wait to get home and work on mine. I need to find a left fender and a front valance......mine got stoved in by a careless tow truck driver who moved it for me. [I wasn't home at the time] Of course he denied doing it. :flame:

Oh well, shit happens.
So, you did all the bodywork/repairs first, then had it blasted/primed?

Thanks. Sorry to hear about the damage. Yeah I did all the rust work first. I got to thinking why blast areas that needed the work done. It still needs the dents repaired. I will do some but most will be farmed out.

The70RT

Time fly's when your havin fun....9 months and countin.....doesn't seem that long :scratchchin: Doing some body work as time permits. Took some vacation last week and low and behold i was sick in bed most of it....strep throat....yeah in July. The ole lady had knee surgery so had to keep catering to her as of late. Been doing some bodywork on the roof where the rust repair was done.  :buff: I probably would have been done with the roof but the bastards that blasted my car slightly warped my roof. Yeah the braces underneath the roof somehow protruded ever so slightly and I am feathering it in. Not bad but noticable to touch. I never noticed it untill about a month after i got it back. I never even called them since they were dicks and tried to overcharge me in the first place. I never thought to check untill a buddy of mine told me they warped his hood and trunk lid on his 64 impala.  :slap: I hope to have the roof and surounding area done before too long so i can paint the bottom and engine compartment and get it on the suspension and alighn body panels and do more body work.  Dog days of summer are in full swing and the heat is on so after working in it all day long in it is hard to do a whole hell of a lot when I get home but I am managing at least a couple hours a day. Im kinda slow but I don't want to pay all that cash to do the bodywork when I can do most anyway.  [smilie=food-

The70RT

Finally we have had cooler weather and have been back on it the last month or so. Got the roof straitened out after the idiots did their thing on it. I'm glad it took just some skim coats to fix that. I got the rear window all finished out. Trunk's  pretty much finished out. Had some small areas of rust low in the rear wheel wells that I patched and looks pretty good to me and I don't think anyone would ever know it was done. Also finishing up where the grinding of the trunk pan welds were on the lower edges on the wells.  It will be time to do the rear lower parts of the body while it is still on the rotisserie. Hopefully soon I can paint in the trunk, pass compartment and the bottom and start the suspension part so it can come of the rotisserie.  I am really happy with the under body since all it needs is sanding before paint. The undercoating really protected it. I need a little finish work on the valance corners and tail panel too. I drilled the rear valance out from inside the trunk and that left just 1/8 holes to fill on the tail panel. It was more of a hassle laying inside the trunk but makes for less grinding and finish work. Check out the pic where the bolt is. That is one of the 4 bolts that holds on the front cradle. There is a crack that has to be welded up. Has anyone else encountered this?

The70RT

:yesnod:

The70RT

more

The70RT

Maybe just some tiny dings on the bottom but they are insignificant and will be left alone.

Charger-Bodie

looks like you are continuing to do an excellant job on that machine!! keep it up !!! :2thumbs:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

paironines

The70RT-- One of my cars has the same crack around the k-frame bolt but I believed mine was caused from severe rust in the rail and the crack was just the result of stress. I'm going to replace the rail so I'm not too worried about mine. Yours I know isn't rust but I'm sure if you just weld it up it will probably never do it again.

The70RT

Quote from: 1hot68 on October 07, 2007, 12:08:28 PM
looks like you are continuing to do an excellant job on that machine!! keep it up !!! :2thumbs:

Thanks. Wasn't that the Charger you guys finished a while back?....or another one....looks nice and almost done.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: The70RT on October 07, 2007, 08:37:03 PM
Quote from: 1hot68 on October 07, 2007, 12:08:28 PM

Thanks. Wasn't that the Charger you guys finished a while back?....or another one....looks nice and almost done.
yes thats the 70 that we finished last winter when it was getting closer to being done , it belonged to my partner and cousin at the shop Erik , he sold it in feb of this year and it was on egay about a week ago with bids to like 56xxx and no sale . Very nice car, and it looks like youres is going to be a very nice car too!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

70charger_boy

Man, I love epoxy primer  :drool5: Now, you're making me want to strip mine and do it right

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 70charger_boy on October 07, 2007, 09:51:52 PM
Man, I love epoxy primer  :drool5: Now, you're making me want to strip mine and do it right

nows the time!!

69bronzeT5

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on April 16, 2007, 05:20:43 PM
The resto on my 69 has taken almost 9 years. :icon_smile_blackeye:

Thank god it's gonna be over soon :angel:

Ok, the car isnt gonna be done as soon as I thought lol....its gonna be longer :icon_smile_dissapprove:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic