News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Picture of the day! by you!

Started by ck1, April 28, 2007, 11:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Samson

well if i cut the size in half and rename it and get out of the thread entirely and start over by retyping the caption... then maybe - just maybe one picture will post at a time...  :2thumbs:

There are fountains and pools and rivers and lakes and each of the wings to the left and right are progressivly warmer and more humid to better replicate the amazon rain forest.

Brock Samson

You know oh fearless leader... there seems to be one picture in every four that's just too big, no matter they were all reduced to the same size to begin with,.. which means through a painful process of elimination - that particular photo has to be found...
  Ya' know we didn't used to have these problems posting pics Boss.   I love the site but DAMN!! 
Why do some folks get to post pics of cars that are soooooooooo freakin big they are waaaaaaaaaay off the freakin page and you have to scroll over and back to see them,.. and my tiny little uniformly sized pics throw a wrench in the machine?..   :flame:

Brock Samson

There is also an elaborate model railroad running around the north wing. I figgured you guys would especially like that,.. it recreates various city landmarks and local railroads using recycled materials kinda' in the "green" theme that is so popular these days...

Brock Samson

the entrance to Chinatown.

Brock Samson

i think by posting one pic at a time i can avoid having to try to figgure out which is the offending pic... the Conservitory of Flowers itself is replicated in this model..

Brock Samson

more flowers, orchids...

Brock Samson

Brock Samson

Brock Samson

some architectural details...

Brock Samson

there's rushing water under these grates,.. all the metal features are superb example of victorian era metal working, the Conservitory was referbished and restored a few years ago...

Brock Samson

Brock Samson

Brock Samson

Brock Samson

Brock Samson

the end.

C_stripes

Great pics. Very pretty. I still need to get to San Fran sometime. I have had problems with the attachment thing here since day one. Thats why I use Photobucket. Then you don't take up to much space on this site.

I love the model train. I think it would be awesome to have a garden train.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

dodgecharger-fan

Quote from: Brock Samson on April 27, 2009, 06:43:59 PM
You know oh fearless leader... there seems to be one picture in every four that's just too big, no matter they were all reduced to the same size to begin with,.. which means through a painful process of elimination - that particular photo has to be found...
  Ya' know we didn't used to have these problems posting pics Boss.   I love the site but DAMN!! 
Why do some folks get to post pics of cars that are soooooooooo freakin big they are waaaaaaaaaay off the freakin page and you have to scroll over and back to see them,.. and my tiny little uniformly sized pics throw a wrench in the machine?..   :flame:

Even if you reduce a picture down to the same dimensions, the file size in bytes may still be too big. That happens because of the content of the picture. It takes more bytes to store a picture with a lot of white in it. If you look at the file sizes of your pictures, You'll see the ones that are over the limit for attachments here which is 200 KB.

The folks that are showing large pictures are hosting them somewhere else and then linking them in their post rather than uploading them as an attachment. There's really no restriction doing it that way - other than what fits well on the screen and looks good, but even a 10 megapixel 280X1368 picture would show up using the link-from-somewhere-else method... but it would scroll off to the sides and bottom..

:2thumbs: Nice pics, by the way.
Makes me want to go check out the Niagara Botanical Gardens and the Butterfly Conservatory.

Brock Samson

Even if you reduce a picture down to the same dimensions, the file size in bytes may still be too big. That happens because of the content of the picture. It takes more bytes to store a picture with a lot of white in it.
[/quote]

Oh,..  now your just talkin crazy man..  :shruggy:

mauve66

i have an old 1.3 mgpixel camera and all the pics come out at 400-900 KB so i just re-size tham at 50-75% (depending on pic size) and it works great, sometimes i have to do it a second time if i guess wrong on the reduction but when i post them here they all look great
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

SeattleCharger

optimize the photo, an option in simple photo programs,  I can tell you a free one, like photoshop,  you can keep the big size, but reduce the file size so it goes below 200kb.   It will be just as clear online,  only will look grainier/less quality, if you try and print it that way.   my digital camera loads right into serif photoplus6.0, then you size them, optimize them, and load into site from there,
Nate

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

hemi-hampton

Me at Carmel by the sea :icon_smile_cool:  LEON

miller

This is from my trip to Mexico

2005 Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster Custom - Maggie
2012 370Z NISMO - Courtney
1979 Corvette L-82 - Lilly
1969 Dodge Charger R/T Clone - Vanessa

miller

a couple more

2005 Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster Custom - Maggie
2012 370Z NISMO - Courtney
1979 Corvette L-82 - Lilly
1969 Dodge Charger R/T Clone - Vanessa

bigcountry

Sunrise 04-28-09
Cut to size, Beat to fit, Paint to match.

Nacho-RT74

not THE BEST PICS but not bad either for some non pro:

and me at same beach:

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html