News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Metal Repro Parts Sample Pictures

Started by jsampsell, June 14, 2007, 10:23:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi-hampton

Looked like 68 & 69 Fenders, Will 70 be available? :scratchchin: :shruggy:

AKcharger

Second on the '70 stuff and also need '72 rear 1'4 patch panels

bullit68

its a great day to be a mopar nut.we're finally catching up to the camaro and mustang guys for parts availability.please everyone STOP parting out the rusty cars or you'll be sorry later when all the parts arrive!

NYCMille

SHAZAAM!!!

It's about time... way to go guys.

Old Moparz

If your prices stay in line with what Goodmark is selling theirs for, I have a feeling you'll be selling quite a few parts. Paying $600 each for full quarters & fenders isn't dirt cheap, but it's very realistic, so maybe it's reasonable & fair. That's what I suppose I'll end up paying for what I need on my '71 Barracuda, a pair of fenders & at least one quarter panel. ($1800 total)

The Charger parts look great in the photos, I hope to see them at Carlisle.  :cheers:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

dodgecharger-fan

Oooh! Fenders....

It looks like mostly skin. That means we have to move a lot of the "innards" from existing fenders. Yes? No?

Hemidog

hemi68charger

Now, if they fit as good as they look !!!!!   holy smokes !!!!!

Has anyone tried them yet?
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Nacho-RT74

I think will add a vote more for 71, 72 and 73/74 quarters. I think those are the most searched parts actually and if you make a quick search on board will find 3rd gens quarters was the motivation for more new topics, since the rest years are available at some dealers at least.

Bulged hood is another good stuff to add, at least good skin to replace the flat skin. Same Exhaust cut outs rear valences. But I think quarters are priorities. Bulged hoods and cut outs valences are still available on used market. Maybe overpriced but still around.

Jeremy... That name sounds familiar to me  :scratchchin: related with body parts
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

jsampsell

Quote from: OldGuy on July 02, 2007, 07:50:40 PM
I am interested in your hoods.  Question - is your sheet metal the same gauge used in OEM parts?

OldGuy,

All of our parts will be the similar in gauge to the original parts we created them from.  I say "similar" because there is a range between the different pieces of the car.  The hood will be almost exactly the same gauge - at least within a milimeter or two.  I won't be like some of the other stuff you've seen out there before that is really thin to save a little bit of money on the production costs.

Jeremy
Auto Metal Direct

jsampsell

Quote from: Dave22443 on July 02, 2007, 09:38:01 PM
Do you guys have frame rails?  I've got dibs on a '68 passenger side fender  :2thumbs:

Dave22443,

Yes, we have full frame rails on the way, too.  I forgot to mention that.  Sorry.

Jeremy
Auto Metal Direct

jsampsell

Quote from: dodgecharger-fan on July 03, 2007, 09:29:34 AM
Oooh! Fenders....

It looks like mostly skin. That means we have to move a lot of the "innards" from existing fenders. Yes? No?

dodgecharger-fan,

Thanks for asking this question!  What you see are just the prototype/samples that arrived to take to the Carlisle show this weekend.  The final product will be the full fender with the inner structure.  It will be a full OE-style fender when it goes on sale.  Great question.

Jeremy Sampsell
Auto Metal Direct

70charger_boy

PocketThunder

I think my parts car just became a restoration candidate  :yesnod:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

terrible one

This is awesome, watching the repro metal market for the 2nd gen Chargers unfold. Great looking pieces jsampsell.

kab69440

Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

OttawaCharger

1968 Charger -currently spread all over my garage!

BMOTOXSTAR

Quote from: 69charger2002 on June 14, 2007, 11:34:14 AM
great news! thanks for making us new parts and keep us updated! also.. as a reminder. don't listen to these 71-74 people who think their cars need new parts. ONLY listen to 68-70 owners.. lol just kidding

trav

:fu: :down:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

bull

Quote from: BMOTOXSTAR on July 03, 2007, 11:36:36 AM
Quote from: 69charger2002 on June 14, 2007, 11:34:14 AM
great news! thanks for making us new parts and keep us updated! also.. as a reminder. don't listen to these 71-74 people who think their cars need new parts. ONLY listen to 68-70 owners.. lol just kidding

trav

:fu: :down:

Maybe you guys will get yours in a couple years. After all, your cars are a couple years newer. :nana:

BMOTOXSTAR

73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

nitrousn

Awesome job Jeremy. :2thumbs:      Asta La Banana hardcore crooks. :flame:

ck1

CJK

Blakcharger440

Hey there are tons of 1970 Charger owners just waiting for some hoods and fenders also!
Those should be the next parts you make! :cheers:   :yesnod:

70charger_boy

Quote from: Blakcharger440 on July 03, 2007, 06:29:09 PM
Hey there are tons of 1970 Charger owners just waiting for some hoods and fenders also!
Those should be the next parts you make! :cheers:   :yesnod:
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

warriorbass05

Jeremy,
i am on here too. I am all for everything you have....now if I can just get a ROOF!!