News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Old Mopars in the wild

Started by 1969chargerrtse, December 30, 2008, 11:19:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lennard

Cool picture, thanks for sharing.  :2thumbs:

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Lennard on August 30, 2018, 10:40:02 AM
:iagree: And look at the gas prices!  :drool5:
Let's see...Bob Seger's Beautiful Loser album was released in April 1975, so that pic must have been taken near that time. The '71 Chally there looks like it's already having a rough life in it's first 4 years, judging from the dings & dents.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Homerr

This white convertible behind the Challenger is a Lancia Aurelia Spider.

dual fours

Paul Anka played the Greek Theatre in L.A. on August 4-9, 1975.
1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

68X426

Quote from: Lennard on August 30, 2018, 10:40:02 AM

Awesome picture.  The Challenger is headed east, it's on Sunset Boulevard in Hollywood.  Today it's known as West Sunset and it's West Hollywood.

The Whisky is still there, the gas station is long gone.

In the new photo there is a Mopar at the same corner, an orange Jeep, headed eastbound.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

alfaitalia

Quote from: Homerr on August 30, 2018, 02:31:46 PM
This white convertible behind the Challenger is a Lancia Aurelia Spider.

.....with the distinctive center upturned two part rear bumpers missing.....pity.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

timmycharger

No pics sorry.. but was taking a drive for lunch today and spotted a B5 blue 70 Super Bird just sitting parked in the rain at a place called Ron's toy shop in Manchester, NH.  Not sure if it was for sale or a customer's car but it looked really nice from my view  :cheers:

VegasCharger

twenty mike mike

In front of the Redding, CA, Dodge/Jeep dealer on 10/12. The tow truck seems to be out there rain or shine.

Cars of that era were ugly, but this De Soto has a face not even a mother could love.   :eek2:

Charger_Fan

Quote from: twenty mike mike on October 14, 2018, 07:08:39 PM
Cars of that era were ugly, but this De Soto has a face not even a mother could love.   :eek2:
That's for sure!  :eek2: Looking at those fenders, I bet you could just lay on them to change plugs...and maybe even get a nap in the process.  :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

68pplcharger

Quote from: twenty mike mike on October 14, 2018, 07:08:39 PM
In front of the Redding, CA, Dodge/Jeep dealer on 10/12. The tow truck seems to be out there rain or shine.

Respectfully disagree, I've always loved the fat fender styling from the 30's-40's. Favorite hot rod is the 41 Willy's coupe.

JB400

It's art deco, what's not to love?

ralley72

Saw this 1970 Super Bee with for sale written on the wind shield, got up close and saw it was sold. Day to late. 4 speed car. In Buffalo New York. Not a lot of rust just somebody damage.

Mike
1973 Roadrunner 400 mag. 4 sp

VegasCharger

Quote from: ralley72 on November 27, 2018, 04:51:17 PM
Saw this 1970 Super Bee with for sale written on the wind shield, got up close and saw it was sold. Day to late. 4 speed car. In Buffalo New York. Not a lot of rust just somebody damage.

Mike

What did somebody damage?  :shruggy:

Lennard

Quote from: VegasCharger on November 30, 2018, 01:32:58 AM
Saw this 1970 Super Bee with for sale written on the wind shield, got up close and saw it was sold. Day to late. 4 speed car. In Buffalo New York. Not a lot of rust just some body damage.

Mike

What did some body damage?  :shruggy:
There you go Kerndog.  :yesnod:

Lennard

nvrbdn

Found this 65 Sport Fury on the side of the road with a flat tire and no jack. (well, he had the jack, but the part to hold onto the bumper was missing). Ran back to the house and got a jack and a 1/2 drive socket set to aid in the tire change.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

VegasCharger

Quote from: nvrbdn on December 08, 2018, 05:46:26 PM
Found this 65 Sport Fury on the side of the road with a flat tire and no jack. (well, he had the jack, but the part to hold onto the bumper was missing). Ran back to the house and got a jack and a 1/2 drive socket set to aid in the tire change.

Good job man.  :2thumbs:

That's some junk in the trunk he's got going there. :icon_smile_big:

71_Charger_R/T

Doesn't get any wilder than this.......

Kern Dog

Quote from: Lennard on November 30, 2018, 01:09:02 PM
Quote from: VegasCharger on November 30, 2018, 01:32:58 AM
Saw this 1970 Super Bee with for sale written on the wind shield, got up close and saw it was sold. Day to late. 4 speed car. In Buffalo New York. Not a lot of rust just some body damage.

Mike

What did some body damage?  :shruggy:
There you go Kerndog.  :yesnod:

Come on! when I DO, you complain!  I've been SO GOOD lately too!

Homerr

"Cars parked on the flight deck of the aircraft carrier USS KITTY HAWK (CV 63) for transit to San Diego after overhaul at Puget Sound Naval Shipyard in Bremerton,1983."