News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

(73 Charger) Plum Crazy finally painted

Started by Beer, April 11, 2009, 02:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foreman72

Quote from: Beer on October 10, 2009, 09:55:43 AM
The shop is masking for the Black today  :yesnod:  Rear will be put in Mon/Tuesday.

Steve the manager said I got 7 coats of Purple, and should have 3 clearcoat when its all said and done.  Should be ready when I get home, so pickup may be 23 Oct (13 days).
:o thats allota purple
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

Beer

Hood is painted, Steve just called the rig (ut O, double secret weekend rate=$$$ but getting it done =  :2thumbs:)...anyone want to see the pics?  He says it looks pretty good, but he may be a bit biased since he sprayed it...they are gonna sand it so the purple/black edge is not felt, then clearcoat the hood again.

Got wheels coming (Police Wheels)...

Should be a fun time home assembling !
1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

jaak

Quote from: Beer on October 11, 2009, 11:41:07 AM
Hood is painted, Steve just called the rig (ut O, double secret weekend rate=$$$ but getting it done =  :2thumbs:)...anyone want to see the pics?  He says it looks pretty good, but he may be a bit biased since he sprayed it...they are gonna sand it so the purple/black edge is not felt, then clearcoat the hood again.

Got wheels coming (Police Wheels)...

Should be a fun time home assembling !

:2thumbs: sweet! Where did you get the wheels, did you get new ones or did you find a used set? Those police wheels are gonna look awesome, thats what I plan on using on the 69.

Jason

Beer

:cheers: Me Happy...

jaak got the wheels new from Jegs (Summit ordering online sucks...) went 15x8 w 4" BS 
I think the Black Wheels will set off the Hood and trunk w/ the Black Spoiler.

1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

Nacho-RT74

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

jaak

That hood looks great!!!! Maybe I need to blackout mine when it gets painted one day  :scratchchin:

Jason

oldrock

Re pics for assembly... Josh and I would be glad to help out. Just let us know what pics you need and either Josh or I can snap pics for you. BTW, that black hood really does look nice and I bet it will realy look sharp when she finally makes it outside for some pics.

mopar73

451-74Charger

My advice
Use the pins !!!
the last thing you want is a 35 year old hood latch giving up on you
Trus me, it would not be pretty

firefighter3931

Jim, the paint looks awesome ! I'm really liking the bulge hood with the callouts and blackout treatment.  :bow:

That's going to be one sharp & quick car once you're done.  :2thumbs:

I hope to see it and meet you some day.  :cheers:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Beer

Quote from: firefighter3931 on October 13, 2009, 07:18:50 AM
Jim, the paint looks awesome ! I'm really liking the bulge hood with the callouts and blackout treatment.  :bow:

That's going to be one sharp & quick car once you're done.  :2thumbs:
I hope to see it and meet you some day.  :cheers:

Ron

Thanks Ron! Hope to met you and some others on the forum as well, Once finished I hope to travel and attend some Mopar events on my off time. 

Mike should be getting some more pics in a couple of days, looking forward to seeing the Rear Suspension in, and the car overall (including the rear spoiler).  :icon_smile_big:

moparsons

Quickly becoming my favorite third gen!!!!!

Beer

Thanks Moparsons!

Talked with Steve at the shop this morning, They are doing the Black on the trunk lid (rear lip) today and will have that clear coated tomorrow. Similiar to Bannna's Wana's (his yellow one photoshopped below)

Should have Shop Pics of the Hood/front clip uncovered tonite w/ the callouts in place. He says he is really pleased with how the front came out with the Gloss Black and the callouts against the Plum Crazy Purple.

Tommorrow night pics of the trunk area with the Spoiler in place.  

Weekend project is going to be installing the rear Suspension.

Looking on track for me picking up 23rd.

Jim

Beer

New Hood Pics

Beer

New Trunk Pics...not sure I like how the trunk lip turned out...

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Charger440RDN

BLUE68RT4ME

Wow, that's HOT!  Looks great man.  Good motivation.  I need to get my updates posted but haven't had time.  Your going to be the envy of all once that's on the road!  Nice job!
:2thumbs:

Mark
Mark Schultz
"BLUE68RT4ME"

mauve66

purple is an awesome color.......................................
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Beer

Just called the shop.

Had some issues on the clear with the doors, they are sanding and will reshoot the clear on the doors.  Clear should be done this week.  This weekend Steve will be putting the rear suspension in.  Should have new pics Monday of the car overall finished and w/ Suspension in. Discussed the rear trunk lid and Steve says that w/ the clear the trunk lid looks great, and I will like the look when I see it in person.  On track for a Friday Oct 23 pick up.

Jim

hemi-hampton

Beer

He said lil craters...something to do with the setup time difference between the first coat and the other coats.

Back N Black

Beer

Thanks Back N Black  :cheers:

Called the shop this afternoon...left message begging for more pics (do not want to wait til monday LOL)...

Hopefully next pics everything will be uncovered.

I will post em if I get em.

:popcrn: