News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Mopar restoration TV Show

Started by Hemidoug, January 10, 2010, 01:31:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemidoug

I got this off of MoparMisfits:

New Mopar restoration TV Show

please watch the trailer and email speed that you want to see the show on TV

GREAT IDEA

new TV show and would like some feedback here.

Trailer of show here: http://www.graveyardcarz.com/

If you really like it contact Speed TV http://www.speedtv.com/feedback/ and tell them you want to see Graveyard Carz! on TV!
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

jaak

Yeah, I saw that on forbbodiesonly.com. looks like it would be a cool show. They also have more video clips I found on Youtube.... http://www.youtube.com/user/graveyardcarz#p/u/9/krWEu78PCnI

Jason

MoparManJim

Arthu®

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,65448.0.html

Nice idea though, although it looks to contain also a fair bit of drama, something I could do without.

;)
Striving for world domination since 1986

Hemidoug

Cool...I didn't see that....

Just trying to spread the word.... :2thumbs:
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

Belgium R/T -68

Would be great to see Moparrestorers in action. :2thumbs: Are these guys known as Moparrestorers?

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

superbirdtom

It is a great idea , but they need to use a lot of nos stuff instead of trying to save a completely rusted crushed panel.  theres nothing wrong with using NOS mother mopar panels  and theyre still out there  but very spendy not as spendy as trying to save a hopeless panel.   They also need to replicate the factory welding process. I can see theyre plug welding and patching a lot.  that to e is absurd.  I talking big patches too. And yeah  what is this guys background with mopar restoration.

I hope it gets on tv Ill bet it would have a following.

b5blue

OK just being honest here I spent ten min. clicking through selections on that link and only saw the two guys ribbing each other, the guy in karate stuff, and a walk through a garage past a 72 Mustang, a Toyota and I think a Honda to a Challenger almost done. Frankly I got bored...the bickering/flirting was all I found? I couldn't find any work going on, no cars being recovered for repair, no action taking cars apart or putting them together, it was like ordering a steak and being told an hour later how good it was then waiting 10 minutes more for a photo that you only get a glimpse of. Where's the BEEF! You need to snag people and hold them with action, the car is the star not you guys! I was excited at the format and theme but the banter was over bearing. This has potential as a show but I couldn't find the show itself just lead ins to more talk about stuff that was done or going to be done.  :shruggy:  Don't get me wrong...I want you to succeed.

Chatt69chgr

I'm all for a show like this and would be a faithful follower, if and only if, the show sticks to restoring Mopars and all the ancillary things associated with that.  No garage drama, no throwing around body panels in the shop, etc.  I am not one bit against using new repop parts where applicable.  If it were not for the existence of these parts the restorations a lot of us are working on would be immeasurably harder or downright impossible.  I did like the idea of going out to where the car lived it's life to try to chase down original parts.  That's something all of us would probably do.  And I love junkyard hunts for parts even though finding stuff for our cars in a junkyard is just about over.  Plus, more info on engine rebuilding would be interesting.

Cooter

Great, just what TV Needs another Barrett Jackson/Wrecks to Riches/ American Chopper Series that does nothing to promote the hobby except tell the average NON car guy that that wreck of a Charger he has been sitting on for over 25 years, was "Gonna Restore it someday", Asking Crazy money for it cause "It's the rare version with the 318 4bbl option with automatic on the column and bench seat, that his ship has come in....Who the hell pays $50K for a Rusted, crunched, Balled up Cuda, that has NOthing left on it....And, they have a complete scrapyard behind the shop....

I did notice they only "save" cars that are worth huge money....Hell, I been saving them in that shape without the $250K payday at the end...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

bull

I'm all for it but I hope if it goes on TV they rebuild something other than E-body Cudas and Challengers. This would be a good opportunity to explore the rich history of Mopar and actually showcase how much of a PITA it is to find parts and restore one. That said though I'd much rather see a show about regular guys restoring cars in their garages and driveways than another 10,000 sf shop full of every tool available to do the job. To me an average Joe overcoming the odds to create a nicely restored driver would be something really worth seeing.

Silver R/T

Looks like it could be a cool show, better than nothing anyways.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

hemi-hampton

Quote from: Silver R/T on January 10, 2010, 10:38:38 PM
Looks like it could be a cool show, better than nothing anyways.

I wouldn't say nothing. Discover has a show on every monday night I think, similar to Monster Garage called Motor City Motors or something like that. Anybody ever see it? LEON.

superbirdtom

I E-mailed Mike Worman and he answered right back ,so at least he is available for suggestions.  I suggest anyone interested in this concept.  and right now it is a concept only . e-mail him with your suggestions.

Silver R/T

You should be able to reach him on myspace page.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

NYCMille

Another build show... just what TV needs. ::)

MoparManJim

Quote from: NYCMille on January 11, 2010, 10:40:38 AM

Well I could say the same thing for racing shows on tv as well  :icon_smile_wink:

bull

Quote from: MoparManJim on January 11, 2010, 10:46:50 AM

Well I could say the same thing for racing shows on tv as well  :icon_smile_wink:

Not really. How many reality build shows are there compared to reality race shows?

200MPH

I have not checked it out yet,but i used to like Musclecar tv when Lou santiago hosted it, he seemed to have genuine love for the cars
Charger

MoparManJim

Quote from: bull on January 11, 2010, 11:05:45 AM
Quote from: MoparManJim on January 11, 2010, 10:46:50 AM

Not really. How many reality build shows are there compared to reality race shows?

There is afew out there. But now if you have had ask me the chanels they are on I would have gave a number. But you didn't. 

1969chargerrtse

I THOUGHT THE TRAILER WAS AWESOME!  Made me a proud Mopar owner.  :2thumbs:
I wrote speed channel.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Graveyard Carz

Hello Folks! I just wanted to thank everyone for their comments or support. At the heart of Graveyard Carz is my love for Mopars. After restoring these carz for over 20 years I know that learning is part of the hobby. I learn new things daily when I'm in the middle of a restoration. Things I thought I knew or things I've read that I find the contrary to when disassembling or inspecting an original car.

I attempt to restore every car back to OE specs using original parts.  I will use NOS and original first and aftermarket as a second alternative. There are a lot of great aftermarket parts so I don't automatically rule them out, I just make note of what parts are good replacements and what ones aren't. I do attempt to duplicate factory spot welds, assembly line markings and coatings.

I admit we are not perfect and don't know everything. We are always willing to listen to you, our friends and fans in an attempt to make Graveyard Carz better. My email is readily available for anyone who has suggestions or comments.

Again, thank you all very much for allowing Graveyard Carz to be small part of your daily Mopar fun.

Sincerely,

Mark Worman
The Undertaker

68 CHARGER R/T

keep us up to date , and get it on air  :2thumbs:

66chargerkid

Very nice to see we gauged enough attention with speed that the guy came on and said hello.
Good work DodgeCharger.com!

69bronzeT5

Quote from: 66chargerkid on January 12, 2010, 01:21:45 AM
Very nice to see we gauged enough attention with speed that the guy came on and said hello.
Good work DodgeCharger.com!

I posted the link to the site on Graveyard Carz Facebook fan page :whistling: :icon_smile_wink:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic