News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2011 Dodge Charger spy photos...

Started by 69Charger_440, January 11, 2010, 11:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THE STIG

I think it's crap and I don't like it. But I don't want to see a retro Charger either, just like I'm sick of watching the same recycled garbage from Hollywood I'm sick of the lack of originality from Detroit as well. The original Chargers and Challengers were not retro anything they were "original" designs. But my biggest complaint about the car that Dodge refers to as "Charger" is that it used to be that I would tell people that I have a Charger and they would say (men especially) "wow really" but now they just think of the new thing with 4 doors and say "oh". I love Mopars but to me the brand is dead there are no B, E, or A bodies anymore they are all LX the new Chargers and Challengers are built on the same platform and those of you wanting a 2 door Charger, you've already got it, it's the Challenger.

Brock Samson

the 'c' pillar is indeed squared off now...
it helped alot in the old days that the product cycle was two or at most three years...
these days it's 4/5/6 years for detriot products. throw in the fact that the Co keeps switching owners who freeze entire product design cycles and then revamp everything and were stuck with these BORG designs for an entire decade.
When the chrysler designs bombed in the early '60s, it was only two years till they revamped the entire product line.
look at the difference between 1962 and 1968, or '65 and '67 for that matter...

Nacho-RT74

I want to keep the hope about they are gently, softly getting the old lines and ideas back, to not make a big jump, but still has two doors more and the stupid crossgrille
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Khyron

Quote from: chargerjy9 on January 12, 2010, 06:33:27 AM
this car equipt with hemi will blow the doors off any previous generation Charger in every single category, except for the number of doors.

o.k.... I accept, get your camera crews and that POS over to my house and lets do it.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Ghoste

I'm guessing cultural icon can't be a contested category until the new sedan is at least 40 years and still showing a rabid following?  :D

Khyron

hey, he said "every single category" :D

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Armudster

Dodge already have a 2 door LX Mid-size car and can't have another, however Dodge doesn't have a sportier 2+2 supercar based on the Viper platform, and I think that could be the perfect way to bring a new Charger.
Imagine an extended Viper platform, with a whole new slightly luxurious interior, 2 extra seats, 2 doors, long and sleek car with a modern design based on the classic one without being retro, a 6.4L Supercharged Hemi, Viper suspension and brakes, 345 tires and a performance worthy of competing with 2+2 European Supercars, with all the brutality of the Viper, it's a whole new position and something that will gain respect among other brands, and then start calling that four door thing Magnum, or Coronet, or whatever the hell they want.
It would be cool if someone could make a design for it just to show Chrysler what we really need!!!
 :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Brock Samson

yeah it was done and called the FIREPOWER!

that hope faded when the Germans decided to sell CDJ a couple years ago..

Ghoste

Poor Chrysler, they're a whipping boy for us and for whoever owns them at the time and it seems like they just can't get a break.
Despite my cyber bullying on matters of the four door Charger I truly do hope the company can survive and somehow revive too.

MoparManJim

I'm sorry, but they still have to get red of that stupid turtle nose front end. And give the car a mopar front end and look all togother. They just are not trying hard enough and not even trying to either or they could get there heads out of there arse and get the job done right one and for all for crying out loud! :icon_smile_dissapprove: 

T3/RT

chazcron did this rough but good chop of the spy pix based on the design rumors. Looks worse than the 06 to me. Freaking Scary! :brickwall: :RantExplode:
Maybe this why they haven`t shown the thing yet.

chargerjy9 does this look anything like what you saw?

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2002 Chrysler Sebring LXi Conv.
2005 Chrysler 300C
2010 Dodge Challenger SRT

skip68

Quote from: Khyron on January 12, 2010, 02:08:26 PM
Quote from: chargerjy9 on January 12, 2010, 06:33:27 AM
this car equipt with hemi will blow the doors off any previous generation Charger in every single category, except for the number of doors.

Not to be a smart-ass but,  I'll say the same thing I say about ricers a.k.a. civics, accords and so on.   "I don't care how fast it is, you still have to be seen driving it"...  :rofl:   Now how cool do you feel ?   :smilielol:   

I remember that Ford did something with the Taurus.  I think it was a the SHO.    ::)   It may have been fast as hell but, it was a souped up family car and that's it.   Like I said before, a car must be more then just fast, you've got to be seen in it and want to be seen in it.    :yesnod:   

As far as the pictures go... I think they should leave it the way it is.   Covered up.   :rofl:   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

4forty

MoparManJim

Like I said before, if it looks like what that car does in that photo, then well look at what I said before.  ::) 

They just can't get the job done right even when you tell them what they are doing wrong. 

Brock Samson

well i'd buy this if i could afford it...  :drool5:

(edit it was a plum crazy '10 R/T Challenger with a wtime interior and the oiginal challenger script with the cragar knock off wheels and a white R/T stripe..
the pics are on allpar.)
notice it seems to have a white or very light colored interior...

im gonna guess it' would cost north of $30K

here's the link to allpars coverasge of the NAAS where i copped the pic..
http://www.allpar.com/history/auto-shows/naias-2010.html

as to that new charger,.. no thanks..

Brock Samson

a quick read of the currently avail. 2011 charger/300 info at allpars news and rumors section specifies the (revamped) charger will not be in showrooms intill March 2011,..
that's 14 Mos. from now. expect alot more info and pics this time next yr.
if you can wait that long.  :lol:

TheGhost

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

chargerjy9

I'm gonna stir the pot again.......
THIS IS 2010 NOT 1970, THINGS ARE DIFFERENT, there can never be A,B,E and C bodies again, and that ain't Chrysler's fault. yes there is still a cross hair grille, though it has been quite tempered down, at least there will be no more RAM emblem, I hated that on the car, that is for truck, which by the way now that  RAM Truck is separate from car, perhaps the crosshair grille may disappear as well. the new Charger, yes it has much the same profile, but the windshield is faster, the c pillars have a sail like look to them (backlite is tucked in  ala 2nd gen), the body side has the coke bottle shape with the scallop ala 2nd gen. there is even a catwalk at the base of the greenhouse (ala 2nd gen) which leads to the gas filler cap on top of the quarter panel (ala 2nd gen). that truly ugly shoulder hump at the c pillar from the 06 is gone, replaced by a nice flowing A line. taillights go across the whole rear end ( 1 piece look (ala 1970).the body is sleek with sculptural surfaces ala 3rd gen,so IMO the designers listened to us alot this time.
Also, if you take stock spec'd Charger road test results from the different publications back in those days, and compare them to what is on the road today, GAME OVER.
1973 Dodge Charger SE 400 4 bbl,727, survivor
1977 AMC Pacer original
2011 Dodge charger R/T Max

T3/RT

What happens is, You can`t take part of this or part of that.
What I mean by this is, the current charger takes cues from 1,2nd & 3rd gens then adds a lot of new.
This hardly ever works. It is not a true evolution and looks ugly.

The new Camaro is another example of this.

The Challenger kicks butt cuz it doesn`t go to far to fix what`s not broke.....

2nd gen Chargers are too beautiful a work of art and design to take some styling cue`s and add it to just anything and expect it to mesh...

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2002 Chrysler Sebring LXi Conv.
2005 Chrysler 300C
2010 Dodge Challenger SRT

Ghoste

If the ugly hump at the C pillar area is gone, THAT will help the cars appearance tremendously no matter what they call it!  :Twocents:

BigBlackDodge

Nice Intrepid!!!!!!

Also, if you take stock spec'd Charger road test results from the different publications back in those days, and compare them to what is on the road today, GAME OVER.

That's true for pretty much every car on the road today. From the start the 4 door car was never intended to be a Charger......that name came after when they didn't know what to call it. Now they're adding little styling cues from the old Chargers in hopes of pleasing the masses.........we'll at least they are listening to us albiet WAY to late.

BBD

john.v

Quote from: bull on January 12, 2010, 08:18:41 AM
No, seriously, the only thing wrong with the car is the name they decided to give it. Change that and there's no longer an issue.

Besides, that 2011 "Charger" really does have a retro look (from '06).

:iagree:

chargerjy9

I know the person who was responsible for the 06 Charger design. His task was to come up with an aggressive, muscular sport sedan based from Chrysler 300 platform. He did that, and only afterwards he was told that it would be called Charger. He was sick over that.
1977 AMC Pacer original

69charger2002

you know trevor creed!?!?!? haha couldn't resist..
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

chargerjy9

yes. he took a lot of crap over that and deservedly so. the "who said they have the real charger" remark showed that he had no idea
1977 AMC Pacer original