News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Would anyone care if I left this forum?

Started by greenpigs, April 06, 2011, 05:55:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would anyone care if I left this forum?

Yes
42 (48.8%)
No
12 (14%)
Whatever
14 (16.3%)
Who is greenpigs?
12 (14%)
Don't let the door hit ya
6 (7%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Nacho-RT74

simply why? I can't see why... Unless I'm missing something
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

chargd72

Happy 6th April fools of the year!!!!!   Right?

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: bull on April 07, 2011, 10:41:35 AM
Well, I for one have noticed a more acerbic tone in your posts as of late, so it's obvious to me that you're much more on edge about something than you used to be. But no, you're not listed among the members of this site that I wish would either die or just leave. ;)

I agree.....

If you left who would tell us that you knew I was going to post a picture of my Mustang in a Mustang thread?   :slap:
;)

take a break if you feel you need it...life is more important.
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Old Moparz

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on April 07, 2011, 01:18:59 PM
simply why? I can't see why... Unless I'm missing something

Must be the language barrier again.  

:lol:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Neal_J

Dude,

I walked in late and don't know what your beef is or who it's with.  But this ain't preschool.  If you've got a beef, just come out with it and resolve it.  Don't take your ball & run home.

Neal

PS - Yea, I'd care if you left & would prefer that not happen.

TruckDriver

I'd miss you around here if you left. As it is, we have lost to many good/fun members already. You been here long enough, your more like family now. I'm sure if you needed to talk with someone here, they would be more then happy to listen. :yesnod:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

b5blue

You CAN'T leave.....we won't let ya.   :lol:

greenpigs

The reason why isn't all that important.  I never said I was going to leave I just might & you all are just not that lucky for this to happen.

So I will continue to unintentionally give wrong advise & be one of the who's that crowd. :icon_smile_big:

I learned a new word today Bull, now I am no longer that punk kid from the old site but a newly hatched bitter(acerbic) ol man. :yesnod:
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Nacho-RT74

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html

squeakfinder

If you change your mind and leave, would you please switch back to your old Avatar before you go?  :nana:

Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

Neal_J

Quote from: bull on April 07, 2011, 10:41:35 AM
It's obvious to me that you're much more on edge about something than you used to be.

Maybe Piggy just needs to get laid??

mikesbbody

My only problem with this thread, the 2 options "don't let the door hit you on the way out" and "No"
(Can't really count "Whatever" as that is netural IMO) anyway, those 2 options if you truely want to see him gone why not tell him in person? 13% (the 'No's) IMO are Key Board Warriors if you have a problem with him, man up and tell him.  :Twocents: I hope you stick around  :cheers:

472 R/T SE

greenpigs

My problem with the site is that not enough people step up to answer questions & I don't have the knowledge to answer many of them-correctly.

Got some a few days ago FWIW

I have a pair & it is not any one particular person, I feel this site lacks feedback in certain areas. Sure it is not the biggest forum but is seems it is allways the same 3 or so people who step up & answer a question.

If I wanted attention I would have a bunch of cute images stored on my computer to post when someone opens up a little.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

mikesbbody

I assume you mean answer's to tech questions? John K, Ron, Cooter, Nacho to name a few all have
Knowlege when it comes to Mopars but I think most have some idea to a extent. Guy's like the one's
I mentioned have been around a long time and have been into the Hobby a long time.
Hopefully I can be as helpful as they have been to me (one day) but I will have to have a few more years behind me before that can happen. Many can Answer but it doesn't mean Their Answer is correct.

greenpigs

QuoteHopefully I can be as helpful as they have been to me (one day) but I will have to have a few more years behind me before that can happen. Many can Answer but it doesn't mean Their Answer is correct.

I think you sorta nailed what I was thinking about. But this is what I would change about your statement.

...Many can answer but they choose not too but it doesn't mean their lack of an answer is correct.

The site has lost the vibe it had years ago for me, it still is a great place with a wealth of information & I am glad Troy did what he has. But I think more people need to get involved in helping a person out with a question. If you do not have a clue to the answer then pass on answering of course but leaving it up for the same group to help is not right.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Brock Samson

welp, I'm lurking more myself and was never really an expert, I could only offer my experiance but that was a looong time ago in the days before the internets and e-bay, it's a new generation now and these cars cost a lot more to restore let alone find in the first place,..  :shruggy: I could help and i have tried as much as I could by directing folks to previous posts.. And outsdide links on the internets on all things Charger and otherwise... and correcting their spelling and grammer and mine is pretty bad at that...  :-\ I remember you from when i was "Strat" and we had a lot of the original characters from the first site "dodge charger 1.0", before there was a four door. before the Chevy guys discovered that Mopars were cooler and from the days of ChargerBill, Ans So green chin up Broham and have a cookie...
And furgedabout it..  :pity:

nvrbdn

i believe people for the most part answer or help out where they can. i dont like giving advise unless im sure of what im talking about. we have some very knowledgable people on here. we have some people that camp out here and others that have limited time to be on here. the ones that are limited check and see that something has already been answered and move on since they arent needed.different people have different specialties,the more important thing is that a person gets his question answered correctly than to check to see who answered it.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

NHCharger

Quote from: nvrbdn on April 07, 2011, 09:00:48 PM
i believe people for the most part answer or help out where they can. i dont like giving advise unless im sure of what im talking about.

:iagree: :iagree:

I think part of the problem is there are certain areas like Transmissions that most members know that JK knows the answer so they don't bother to response. Or engine building and tuning questions, I know that Firefighter Ron has the answer.
I have noticed there have been times when someone has asked a simple question pertaining to a measurement or requesting a pic and there are few answers or it takes a few days for someone to answer. I have been guilty of this also but I've been in my shop working on the Chargers 4 nights a week and most of the weekend so I have not been on as much as I use to.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

TK73

I'm proud to be the storage cranium for various sarcastic responses, quick links to sarcastic pics and the occasional liberal sarcastic opinion.

Don't know much about cars but haven't been kicked out yet.   :nana:
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

A383Wing

TK73

1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

resq302

I know a lot about factory stuff and then there is still so much more that I can learn.  I generally post stuff with similar experiences or stuff that I have a good idea that is correct.  I do sometimes add my opinion on stuff just to give my input in case someone might not have thought of it that way though.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Nacho-RT74