News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Would anyone care if I left this forum?

Started by greenpigs, April 06, 2011, 05:55:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would anyone care if I left this forum?

Yes
42 (48.8%)
No
12 (14%)
Whatever
14 (16.3%)
Who is greenpigs?
12 (14%)
Don't let the door hit ya
6 (7%)

Total Members Voted: 86

68X426

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

mikesbbody

I think you sorta nailed what I was thinking about. But this is what I would change about your statement.

...Many can answer but they choose not too but it doesn't mean their lack of an answer is correct.

The site has lost the vibe it had years ago for me, it still is a great place with a wealth of information & I am glad Troy did what he has. But I think more people need to get involved in helping a person out with a question. If you do not have a clue to the answer then pass on answering of course but leaving it up for the same group to help is not right.

[/quote]

I'll be the first to admit, 1. my knowlege is limited (and limited to 3rd Gens) let's face it this is mostly a 2nd Gen site as far as Charger's go and 2. I sometimes "hold back" answering even if I feel I can contribute a correct answer because I'm sure "someone" will chime in and I don't wanna look like a Ass if I'm completely wrong. But I think this is a Great site  :2thumbs: good People and a Wealth of knowlege.

472 R/T SE

Quote from: greenpigs on April 07, 2011, 07:35:43 PM

If I wanted attention I would have a bunch of cute images stored on my computer to post when someone opens up a little.

Na, I had to use Google images.  Amazing how many pix there are when searching "attention whore".

Quote from: mikesbbody on April 07, 2011, 11:35:03 PM

I'll be the first to admit, 1. my knowlege is limited (and limited to 3rd Gens) let's face it this is mostly a 2nd Gen site as far as Charger's go and 2. I sometimes "hold back" answering even if I feel I can contribute a correct answer because I'm sure "someone" will chime in and I don't wanna look like a Ass if I'm completely wrong. But I think this is a Great site  :2thumbs: good People and a Wealth of knowlege.

Or you answer someone's question & several other various posts' show up.  Another member comes along & answers the question again & that member is thanked.

It's like as soon as you answer a question, there's someone waiting to correct even the most minute thing.  I find myself some times doing this but only if it's blatant.

Right bull?  ;)

I know zackly what you're talking about piggy.  I've taken some time away from the site for a month or so, never permanent.

bull

Right. ;)

Well, sometimes, for the hell of it I'll go through certain sections of this site and look for topics with zero replies and at least make a half-assed attempt to answer them. What usually happens at that point is that (as Mike said) someone will jump in and correct me and then someone will jump in and correct that guy and then the guy who started the thread gets all sorts of feedback. Some of it might even be useful. :P

One thing that annoys me is when someone starts a thread asking a question and then you do a bunch of research and post a bunch of pictures answering them and then you never see or hear from them again.

Brock Samson

skip68

I leave this site every day but I keep coming back because this site needs me. You guys know it's true because skip68 said so.
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

squeakfinder

"Or you answer someone's question & several other various posts' show up.  Another member comes along & answers the question again & that member is thanked."

That is rather discouraging.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

Brock Samson

It' must be some lowest common denominator thing, like the stupid stuff that gets posted here then runs for days or a week gathering steam and then re-posted to weeks later, not like skips' stuff, or R.C.s' oh nooooo...  :rotz:  just like some other peoples' stuff on here...
Meanwhile some really interesting stuff worthy of deep thought and discourse and comment gets....

crickets...   :scratchchin:

moparstuart

There are alway those people here that go out of there way to help !!   :2thumbs: :2thumbs:   There is also a cast of charaters who go out of there way to be sarcastic asses and put people down for asking questions .  If i can help out with my little knowledge I do .   :2thumbs: 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

bull

Quote from: squeakfinder on April 08, 2011, 10:10:19 AM

"Or you answer someone's question & several other various posts' show up.  Another member comes along & answers the question again & that member is thanked."

That is rather discouraging.

Right. The first guy is totally ignored. I don't get that either.

Brock Samson

How about when you post something and no one responds, then the next day someone else posts the same link or item,.. and the responses come pouring in?.. then in the next week, it shows up again in a new thread...  :RantExplode:

moparstuart

Quote from: Brock Samson on April 08, 2011, 10:47:34 AM
How about when you post something and no one responds, then the next day someone else posts the same link or item,.. and the responses come pouring in?.. then in the next week, it shows up again in a new thread...  :RantExplode:
Get over it ,Ignore it , its the nature of the beast and the way these boards work . 

Brock Samson

Ok,.. Ok...
naw, just kidding...
we all have our windmills to tilt at.  :icon_smile_wink:

How about when folks make up their own punctuation and spelling rules... like they're trying to invent their own laungyuage ?,,,,,,,,,,,  :smilielol:    :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame:  :slap: :slap: :slap:  :D :D :D

moparstuart

Quote from: Brock Samson on April 08, 2011, 11:21:37 AM
Ok,.. Ok...
naw, just kidding...
we all have our windmills to tilt at.  :icon_smile_wink:

How about when folks make up their own punctuation and spelling rules... like they're trying to invent their own laungyuage ?,,,,,,,,,,,  :smilielol:    :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame:  :slap: :slap: :slap:  :D :D :D
I do that also  get over it   :nana: :nana: :nana: 

Neal_J

Quote from: greenpigs on April 07, 2011, 08:42:12 PM
The site has lost the vibe it had years ago for me

You're right.  And it's all Jessie's fault !!!!!!!!!

WHERE'S MY T-SHIRT??????

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: Neal_J on April 08, 2011, 01:37:56 PM
Quote from: greenpigs on April 07, 2011, 08:42:12 PM
The site has lost the vibe it had years ago for me

You're right.  And it's all Jessie's fault !!!!!!!!!

WHERE'S MY T-SHIRT??????

:horse: :haha:
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

bill440rt

I'm half a retard at times but still smart enough to think you should stay.  :eek2:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

A383Wing

Quote from: bill440rt on April 09, 2011, 09:05:24 PM
I'm half a retard at times but still smart enough to think you should stay.  :eek2:

only half??  :D

bill440rt

Quote from: A383Wing on April 09, 2011, 09:11:22 PM
Quote from: bill440rt on April 09, 2011, 09:05:24 PM

only half??  :D

OK, sometimes maybe 9/16's retard. Other times 7/16's. BUT, I still think greenpigs should stay.  ;)
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

1969chargerrtse

Just checking to see if you're still here?
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

A383Wing

1969chargerrtse

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Brock Samson

OK: so what's the verdict?.., ya' leaving or what?..  :popcrn:

greenpigs

QuoteI never said I was going to leave I just might & you all are just not that lucky for this to happen.

No I am not leaving, sorry gang.   :nana:
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

1970Moparmann

The fact is people (members) go in cycles on forums.  I personally belong to 3 now, and haven't been involved with this one for about 6 months.   Why, different reasons.   Work sucks and putting too many hours, family life is swamped, and when you add up 10 minutes here, 10 minutes on another forum, 10 on another, it all adds up.  Take it sites like Facebook also ---- WOW it adds up.  I see a lot of long term members only answer about 3 - 4 posts a day.   If there are 20 "important" posts, most likely someone isn't going to see it.   There are two ways to look at this - 1) for newer members, maybe create another area for important questions.... Or 2) if you have been on here long enough, you know who to send a private message to.   I always like it when you see "Calling Ron......" or someone else.   Leave a private message.  I must have left 50 private messages over the years on this forum when I had a tech'y question.  Each time, someone answered ASAP. 

Half full or half empty??

:2thumbs:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!