News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cool hot rod thingy

Started by 1969chargerrtse, September 30, 2011, 06:51:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

Stopped to visit a buddy and a friend of his was over with a Hot rod type car from the early salt flat days.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

charge69

That is an awesome old rod with a flathead Ford V8 in it. ;D  Notice it has dual carbs too. Nice pics and you should have taken more of the motor! :drool5: :drool5:

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: charge69 on September 30, 2011, 06:58:52 PM
That is an awesome old rod with a flathead Ford V8 in it. ;D  Notice it has dual carbs too. Nice pics and you should have taken more of the motor! :drool5: :drool5:
Yeah, the motor was beautiful.  I'll save this thread and post some close ups next time I see it.  :2thumbs:
Now that I think about it I should of posted this on " old cars in the wild ".   :slap:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

bobs66440

Nice '32 roadster. Looks like real steel too. Do you know, is it original steel or a Brookville body? The steering whell looks like late 40's-early 50's Oldsmobile. Very tasteful. Nice.  :2thumbs:

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: bobs66440 on October 01, 2011, 06:45:26 AM
Nice '32 roadster. Looks like real steel too. Do you know, is it original steel or a Brookville body? The steering whell looks like late 40's-early 50's Oldsmobile. Very tasteful. Nice.  :2thumbs:
Ill try to get more info later.
I know the frame is steel and from Ford. Something about the top run of it has a lip built into it because that year didn't or did have running boards.  The head lamps were from a Mack truck. The exhaust ports being a flat head come out from the block it's self, not above the head like an overhead cam engine.  He said that causes them to run hot because the ports heat the water jacket area.

1969chargerrtse

I have some new pics to post when I get home. See ya soon.
The guy said it's a fiberglass shell. 51 ford engine Camaro T5 5 speed with a 57 Ford 9" rear.

jaak

Cool Rod, thanks for posting.

Jason

1969chargerrtse

Thanks, here we go.

Topher

Way cool ride! Nice 50s period build!
Topher

67 Charger 383-4spd "the Dawg"

www.headlightmotorman.com

jb666

Very cool!!! I'd love to be out cruisin' on a nice sunny 80 degree day in that bad boy!!  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: