News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How to prevent rear package tray from bowing?

Started by 440, October 12, 2012, 09:33:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What does everyone do to prevent the particle board from bowing? Mine is pretty new but has bowed up around the speaker cut outs.

twodko

Is it bowed side to side? If so perhaps you could use a Dremel tool and shave a bit off each edge. :shruggy:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

bill440rt

Did you install the jute padding underneath? If so, remove it. I found that it bowed the package tray also.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

The Jute padding is installed, I'll have to flatten the trim panel and reinstall it without the Jute padding.

I thought about trimming the edges but they have piping sewn on the edge.

Ghoste

That is something I had always wondered about too, I thought it was from age and humidity.

Nacho-RT74

definitivelly is for humidity... you have a leak on rear glass for sure
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Ghoste

twodko

I forgot about the piping. Maybe try this.... Get some of that flat foam packing wrap and cut a piece to match the jute. You'll still have some sound dampening but not the bulk.  :Twocents:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Dino

After finding and fixing the leak, warm up the tray while it's in place and see if it flattens.  If it does, cool it off, remove it and stick it to the frame with double sided carpet tape. 
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

There is no leak that I'm aware of and the panel is not discolored. I think the "pressure" of it being wedged in there made it bow at the weakest points which are the speaker cut outs.

Dino

Quote from: 440 on October 15, 2012, 10:09:07 PM
There is no leak that I'm aware of and the panel is not discolored. I think the "pressure" of it being wedged in there made it bow at the weakest points which are the speaker cut outs.

Yeah mine did that as well, just put the carpet tape around the speaker hole and it'll be fixed.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.