News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New project...Pro Street Daytona clone

Started by hotrod98, May 02, 2013, 03:59:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemi Runner

Quote from: hotrod98 on September 13, 2013, 09:29:37 PM

Your intake looks slightly different than mine. Looks like there's not enough meat on mine to remove 1/4 inch.  Are you happy with the EFI setup? We have EFI on my wife's cuda and we've loved it from day one.

The EFI setup is the way to go. To run the FAST setup that I pictured, you will need either the stageV intake (pictured) or a MP marine version as both have the spread carb spacing to accomodate the injector bodies and tubing. The stageV is my preference as it's single plane and centers over the ports well with equal length runners. My Twin Turbo car is getting the Holley Dominator EFI on a custom intake.It'll be a 16 injector setup.

hotrod98

I noticed that with the stock intake that the carbs were going to be very close. Kind of thought that might be a problem.  Where would be the best place to look for a stage V intake. I noticed that Summit carries the MP marine style but I would rather have the stage V.

I've also wondered what the best single carb 4150 intake would be for a hemi. My engine builder has convinced me to build a hemi to use in my 64 Dodge for the new class at the local drag strip. I have a new Holley Ultra 950 that I think would work perfect with that combination. I have to run a single 4150 carb, naturally aspirated, cast iron heads, any ignition, 450 c.i. limit, 3000 lbs. No electronics. Stock style suspension. I'll probably buy a Braswell carb at some point.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Hemi Runner

hotrod98

That's a very pricey intake...lol. I already have a race prepped 440 with max wedge heads but I can't use my Indy dominator setup with it. It was in my dragster a couple of seasons ago but I dropped a valve just as I pulled into my pit space. Damaged the block but not the head thankfully. I should buy a 4150 max wedge intake and run that motor in one of my racecars. The race hemi can wait.

Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on September 14, 2013, 08:40:52 PM
That's a very pricey intake...lol. I already have a race prepped 440 with max wedge heads but I can't use my Indy dominator setup with it. It was in my dragster a couple of seasons ago but I dropped a valve just as I pulled into my pit space. Damaged the block but not the head thankfully. I should buy a 4150 max wedge intake and run that motor in one of my racecars. The race hemi can wait.
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hotrod98

Arruzza High Performance has the Stage V dual quad hemi intakes with the tops already milled 1/4". I think $495 sounds like a reasonable price. They also have other much needed pieces. I'll order some stuff from them next week.

Charles Addams

djcarguy

for a jump in an go or long trips wood the 392 or 5.7 hemi be better than a 426 or not much difference if set up right??  think afew guys said the 5.7 was a great road engine an got good milage.
     will be following an look forward to build pixs. you build some awsum mopars. :2thumbs:

hotrod98

Quote from: djcarguy on September 15, 2013, 06:51:42 AM
  for a jump in an go or long trips wood the 392 or 5.7 hemi be better than a 426 or not much difference if set up right??  think afew guys said the 5.7 was a great road engine an got good milage.
     will be following an look forward to build pixs. you build some awsum mopars. :2thumbs:

I have a new Gen III 6.4L 392 hemi that I was planning to use, but when I found this deal on the Gen II 426 setup, I decided that it would make the Daytona even more of a bada$$ ride.

This way I can save the 6.4 for my 71 Cuda project that I've been collecting parts for forever.

The very reason that I'm spending the bucks to have the engine balanced and adding the EFI and GVO is to make the Daytona drivable for long hauls. My engine builder has several hemis out there in street cars that are driven cross country regularly with no issues whatsoever.  Of course I'll need one heck of a cooling system.

Charles Addams

Budnicks

Quote from: hotrod98 on September 15, 2013, 04:40:17 PM
Quote from: djcarguy on September 15, 2013, 06:51:42 AM

I have a new Gen III 6.4L 392 hemi that I was planning to use, but when I found this deal on the Gen II 426 setup, I decided that it would make the Daytona even more of a bada$$ ride.

This way I can save the 6.4 for my 71 Cuda project that I've been collecting parts for forever.

The very reason that I'm spending the bucks to have the engine balanced and adding the EFI and GVO is to make the Daytona drivable for long hauls. My engine builder has several hemis out there in street cars that are driven cross country regularly with no issues whatsoever.  Of course I'll need one heck of a cooling system.
the Gen II 426 Hemi is a great idea... nothing like an elephant in the engine bay... good luck... anymore recent project photos you can share with all of us here ??
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

hotrod98

I'm trying to finish up a couple of customer's cars and get my Cuda drag car in primer before pulling the Daytona project into the shop.
We painted the B5, shaker hood 71 Cuda last week so it's just about ready to leave. The owner is re-assembling the cuda in his shop.
We will be painting the 69 hemi runner in a couple of weeks and he's assembling the car in his shop. I love it when these guys assemble their own cars. The re-assembly part is tedious and time consuming.
I ordered the Fast EFI setup today and will try to order the intake and other components from Arruzza Performance tomorrow.

Charles Addams

Stevearino

moparstuart

Quote from: Stevearino on September 17, 2013, 04:58:17 AM
That blue cuda is pretty sweet. :coolgleamA:
i prefer the two 70 plymouths in the back ground   :icon_smile_big:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hotrod98

Quote from: moparstuart on September 17, 2013, 08:14:10 AM
Quote from: Stevearino on September 17, 2013, 04:58:17 AM
That blue cuda is pretty sweet. :coolgleamA:
i prefer the two 70 plymouths in the back ground   :icon_smile_big:

The 70 runner on the right is my red post car that I sold to one of my employees earlier this year. He's building a pro touring car. It has a 440, with 4 speed and dana rear.
The one on the left is a B5 blue with B5 interior, 70 Runner, matching numbers 383 auto that I bought a few weeks ago. Rust free, bucket seat, floor shift auto. It will eventually go to auction once we've finished it.

Charles Addams

hotrod98

I ordered my Stage V intake today from John at Arruzza High Performance.  Vey nice guy to talk to and extremely knowledgeable when it comes to making power with 426 hemis. 

Charles Addams

Stevearino

Larry,
I don't know if you have seen this yet. With your extensive contacts you probably have but I thought I would send you this link just in case. You talked about using a Challenger tail light for your new project but it looks as if someone has produced a pretty sweet aftermarket tail light similar to the Challenger but fit up exactly to the Gen 2 Charger tail panel.http://www.detroitspeed.com/Projects/moe-1969-charger/moe-1969-charger-pg-1.html
In case this link doesn't work just go to the website and look for the Charger under their projects.
Enjoy
Steve

472 R/T SE

I was reading through your posts' as fast as I could & 2nd one from the end you bought one.   ;)

I got all my stuff (Stage V intake, baseplate, lid, carbs) from Tim @ FHO.

hotrod98

Quote from: Stevearino on September 26, 2013, 06:57:31 PM
Larry,
I don't know if you have seen this yet. With your extensive contacts you probably have but I thought I would send you this link just in case. You talked about using a Challenger tail light for your new project but it looks as if someone has produced a pretty sweet aftermarket tail light similar to the Challenger but fit up exactly to the Gen 2 Charger tail panel.http://www.detroitspeed.com/Projects/moe-1969-charger/moe-1969-charger-pg-1.html
In case this link doesn't work just go to the website and look for the Charger under their projects.
Enjoy
Steve

Any idea who is making that taillight? I couldn't find a manufacturer listed on DSE's website.

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on September 26, 2013, 08:12:43 PM
I was reading through your posts' as fast as I could & 2nd one from the end you bought one.   ;)

I got all my stuff (Stage V intake, baseplate, lid, carbs) from Tim @ FHO.

The only intake that I found on their website was an MP version. John at Arruzza made me a great deal on a stage V intake and it's already milled to clear the hood.

Charles Addams

JB400

Knowing DSE, they probably made it themselves.

Stevearino

Larry,
I don't know who makes the tail light but I put a call in to them  late today and hopefully they will get back to me with some information.

Steve

djcarguy

i sure like this new lite the best. i hate the challenger one with that giant ugly back up lite in the middle, it breaks the flow an look of what could be a super sweet tail lite.  just my, :Twocents: :Twocents: :cheers:

Stevearino

Well I tried calling Detroit Speed a couple of times about the tail light and I guess they don't think it is worth their while to call me back or even pick up when I call so I got nothing on it. I showed it to some guys at work and they seem to think it might be a CNC billet aluminum one off piece. They make all of their own stuff there so it wouldn't surprise me. Several internet searches turn up nothing. If it was something commercially available you would think it would be easily searched.
Sorry :-\ Thought there was more to it.

pettybird

With the use of Mr. Cash's A-Dapter kit and a bit of work the Chally lights look all right, though I thought he should have blacked them out some. 

Dave's a good guy and, though hard to get ahold of, would answer questions about what he did to fit the panel.

http://www.salvaggioautodesign.com/index.php/1970-charger-punishment

Stevearino

Quote from: pettybird on September 30, 2013, 05:10:01 PM
With the use of Mr. Cash's A-Dapter kit and a bit of work the Chally lights look all right, though I thought he should have blacked them out some. 

Dave's a good guy and, though hard to get ahold of, would answer questions about what he did to fit the panel.

http://www.salvaggioautodesign.com/index.php/1970-charger-punishment
That's a beautiful car. I wish I had stayed with the upholstery hobby. I did a few cars when I was younger but I would love to have developed these skills to this level.

hotrod98

My stage V intake arrived today along with some other premium quality parts from John at Arruzza High Performance. About the only parts that I haven't purchased yet are the MSD ignition parts and the wet sump oiling system. Well, that and the headers and the accessory brackets and probably a bunch of stuff that I haven't thought about yet. I've also received the FAST dual quad system and the hemi flex plate. The HD 727 is at the transmission shop being checked out. A friend of mine built the transmission several years ago and never used it so I thought that I should have it checked out just in case. New seals, etc. It has all of the heavy duty internals so it should hold up well behind the hemi. I'll have them install my GVO while it's there in the shop.
I'm trying hard to get a customer car finished and delivered and my cuda drag car out of the way so that I can pull the Charger body in to get started. I've been buying up very nice project cars for my guys to work on this winter so I'm kind of limited on space. Right now we have 14 cars inside the shops.  So far I've bought a very nice 70 B5 matching #s runner and a very solid 69 Mach 1 that only has 50K miles on it. I've also found a one owner 70 orange 4 speed runner that I'm currently trying to buy. I don't see us slowing down much this winter.

Charles Addams

Budnicks

Quote from: hotrod98 on September 30, 2013, 06:29:24 PM
My stage V intake arrived today along with some other premium quality parts from John at Arruzza High Performance. About the only parts that I haven't purchased yet are the MSD ignition parts and the wet sump oiling system. Well, that and the headers and the accessory brackets and probably a bunch of stuff that I haven't thought about yet. I've also received the FAST dual quad system and the hemi flex plate. The HD 727 is at the transmission shop being checked out. A friend of mine built the transmission several years ago and never used it so I thought that I should have it checked out just in case. New seals, etc. It has all of the heavy duty internals so it should hold up well behind the hemi. I'll have them install my GVO while it's there in the shop.
I'm trying hard to get a customer car finished and delivered and my cuda drag car out of the way so that I can pull the Charger body in to get started. I've been buying up very nice project cars for my guys to work on this winter so I'm kind of limited on space. Right now we have 14 cars inside the shops.  So far I've bought a very nice 70 B5 matching #s runner and a very solid 69 Mach 1 that only has 50K miles on it. I've also found a one owner 70 orange 4 speed runner that I'm currently trying to buy. I don't see us slowing down much this winter.
That is perty...LOL... do you know how much they had to mill off ?? so it would clear the hood, I'm just curious...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks