News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My Hemi Daytona: Parts, Pieces, and Chunks...

Started by Daytona R/T SE, August 24, 2013, 05:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona R/T SE

Today's progress:

Tail light wiring harness installed.

Body plugs in trunk floor installed.

Trunk mat laid in place to allow it to contour itself to the trunk floor for a day or so before marking and cutting mounting holes for wing braces and scissor jack stud.

A383Wing

I spy vacuum trunk release..did the same on my 66

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

70 sublime

What does the switch look like for the vaccum trunk release and where does it mount ?
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Daytona R/T SE

A383Wing

where did you put yer vacuum holding tank? Or did you tap off the canister under the battery? I put one of those small round ones on top of my heater box inside the car

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: 70 sublime on May 18, 2014, 10:29:54 PM
What does the switch look like for the vaccum trunk release and where does it mount ?

In my case, it's a small black button with a square chrome bezel that says "trunk".

The C body it came off of had it mounted in the glove box, but I may put it elsewhere.  ;)

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: A383Wing on May 18, 2014, 10:47:46 PM
where did you put yer vacuum holding tank? Or did you tap off the canister under the battery? I put one of those small round ones on top of my heater box inside the car

I haven't gotten that far yet.

When I strip my black Imperial, I'll grab one off of it and hide it...

...Somewhere? :shruggy:

A383Wing

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on May 18, 2014, 10:49:07 PM

In my case, it's a small black button with a square chrome bezel that says "trunk".

The C body it came off of had it mounted in the glove box, but I may put it elsewhere.  ;)

mine is the same..I put it nest to the hood release handle on my 66

Daytona R/T SE

The wing braces are in.  :coolgleamA:

A383Wing

looks good...my jack didn't fit right after I got my braces in....wonder how yours is gonna fit....  :shruggy:

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: A383Wing on May 23, 2014, 06:42:24 PM
looks good...my jack didn't fit right after I got my braces in....wonder how yours is gonna fit....  :shruggy:

It fit before the paint job... :scratchchin:

So, I think it will be OK. ;)

A383Wing

mine fit right until I put the braces in....now the jack is off at the top...not that I'm gonna use it anyway...I don't think I did anything wrong with the braces....

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: A383Wing on May 23, 2014, 07:26:30 PM
mine fit right until I put the braces in....now the jack is off at the top...not that I'm gonna use it anyway...I don't think I did anything wrong with the braces....

I think I moved my floor bracket to make the jack fit. (It's been a few years) :scratchchin:

This might explain why I had to modify the trunk mat to fit around the bracket. :brickwall:

If I remember correctly, some of the original cars had their brackets bent toward the center of the car

To make the jack fit. :shruggy:

A383Wing

yer probably right...I just built mine from scratch....mine rests against the side of the braces....

Daytona R/T SE

I just went back through a bunch of my old pictures.

Yep.

I moved the bracket. :lol:

Charger-Bodie

They moved the rear bracket on (most of) the original Daytonas to clear the wing brace,just like you did. I also did that on mine.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Daytona R/T SE

We have plumage.

:coolgleamA:

A383Wing

A383Wing

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: A383Wing on May 24, 2014, 07:26:30 PM
time for signature update now.....

It'll be a while before I can get it back outside for another "Glamour Shot"...

Too much junk in the way.

:smilielol: :eek2: :brickwall: :'(

Lighthorseman

So cool!   :2thumbs:

Out of curiosity, I seem to recall hearing that Daytona braces are bolted in like yours, and Superbird braces are welded in.  I understand the braces for Daytonas and Superbirds are the same...but can Superbird braces be bolted in, like the Daytona braces, rather than welded?

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Lighthorseman on May 24, 2014, 11:26:44 PM
So cool!   :2thumbs:

Out of curiosity, I seem to recall hearing that Daytona braces are bolted in like yours, and Superbird braces are welded in.  I understand the braces for Daytonas and Superbirds are the same...but can Superbird braces be bolted in, like the Daytona braces, rather than welded?

I have no idea.

I'm not very familiar with the way the Superbirds are put together.  ;)