News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Modern Bullitt build

Started by keepat, April 30, 2014, 04:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keepat

I also had the tires mounted on the new wheels but  I have yet to cut in the mini tub so I had to put the front wheels on the rear for pictures as the 12" wheel with the 335 tire don't fit the car yet.
Thanks
Pat

TUFCAT

Very Nice!  :bow:   The wheels came out great and carry the modern hubcap theme well.  :2thumbs:  (not sure about the size yet..., but I'm keeping an open mind)  :icon_smile_wink:

Patronus

Tell everyone they're the Kelsey recall hubcaps!
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

grdprx

That looks amazing with some rubber on it! 

Finn

1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

don duick

maybe a black rim so the centres, being hubcap copies stand out more? They sort of get swallowed up with all that chrome.  Nice looking wheel always liked those hubcaps wish they made a 15 inch version

moparnation74

Quote from: don duick on August 30, 2014, 06:48:19 PM
maybe a black rim so the centres, being hubcap copies stand out more? They sort of get swallowed up with all that chrome.  Nice looking wheel always liked those hubcaps wish they made a 15 inch version
Don't get me wrong the wheels look Awesome!  A little flat black somewhere(not sure where) to break up all that chrome would be ideal.

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

bill440rt

Aw man, I think those look FANTASTIC just the way they are!!  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:
This car is just going to be awesome, I can see it now.  :yesnod:

(I think I have a new favorite Charger build thread...)  :popcrn:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

keepat

Quote from: moparnation74 on August 30, 2014, 07:38:58 PM
Quote from: don duick on August 30, 2014, 06:48:19 PM
Don't get me wrong the wheels look Awesome!  A little flat black somewhere(not sure where) to break up all that chrome would be ideal.

I plan on testing a 3/16 black line on the outer rim as it is on the original hub cap. I'm having 17 7/8"x 3/16 vinyl ring made to check the look.
Thanks for the comments!
Pat

sixty8charger

Jayson

fy469rtse

way cool ,  :2thumbs:
i even like them with out the caps  :drool5:

68RT440

The wheels look great. What if you painted the coves around the holes a flat aluminum or gunmetal just to break it up. I don't think black around the holes would do it cause I think it would just make the holes look bigger...
1968 Charger R/T, matching numbers 440/727, black with green top and interior, currently getting restored by me

keepat

I installed a vinyl black ring on one of the wheels to match the black line on the hub caps and I like the look. Hard to see the black line in the pictures but I think it finishes the look of the wheel.
Thanks
Pat

BIGBLCK11

:2thumbs:  The wheels look great!  Very cool idea. 

TUFCAT

yep....the black ring works for me!  :2thumbs:

moparnation74

That black rings clearly sets off the rims and breaks up the chrome.  Badazz!

don duick

Hemidog

TPR

1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

Ghoste

One more vote for the black ring.

keepat

Received my dash and door pads from Just Dashes and they look great. This is the 2nd Charger dash and door pads they have done for me just wish they could replicate the stiching :-(  here are a few before and after pictures
Thanks
Pat

fy469rtse

Car going to stay black , ? Add redline to wall of tyres ,

keepat

Quote from: fy469rtse on September 14, 2014, 02:55:32 AM
Car going to stay black , ? Add redline to wall of tyres ,

The car will be black and red line tires would look great but as it will be a Bullitt charger they should be white
Walls. I think adding a white wall will make the wheel look bigger??
Thanks
Pat

keepat

Finished the rear valance and left rear quarter rust repair. One more rust spot on the front side of the left quarter to do then on to the trunk floor.