News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Modern Bullitt build

Started by keepat, April 30, 2014, 04:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keepat

DC_1 thank you for the great pictures! I'm sure I can figure out what I need to know by them as I'm just trying to find out what holes will not be necessary.
Thank you!
Pat

keepat

Disassembled the brake pedal assembly and added the clutch pedal. Next I will fit the assembly to the Hydroboost and hydraulic clutch.
Thanks
Pat

timmycharger

:cheers: Looks fantastic!

where does that little spring go? My pedals didnt have one when I got them, kinda scaring me  ;D

MxRacer855

keepat

Quote from: timmycharger on September 16, 2015, 06:09:05 PM
:cheers: Looks fantastic!

where does that little spring go? My pedals didnt have one when I got them, kinda scaring me  ;D

This is where it was installed on the pedal assembly as I found it.
Thank You!
Pat

timmycharger

Wow! thanks for posting, that's why this site rocks!

keepat

I'm not sure I'm going to be using that spring or those parts attached to the brake pedal is my aftermarket master cylinder and hydroboost not required/need them. Let me know if you think you need the spring/parts and if I don't need any of them I'll be glad to send them to.
Pat

keepat

I test fitted the pedal assembly and had to weld over the original brake booster hole and cut a new hole in the firewall reinforcement mount. Also test fit the hydroboost and clutch master cylinder. I need to make the hydro boost and brake lines next.
Thanks
Pat

Homerr

I hope this doesn't turn out too nice to drive.   :cheers:

keepat

Quote from: Homerr on September 19, 2015, 09:43:49 AM

It a driver! The last 2 cars I built I drove across the country and I plan on driving this one to San Francisco!
Thanks
Pat

VegasCharger

Quote from: keepat on September 19, 2015, 12:16:39 PM
Quote from: Homerr on September 19, 2015, 09:43:49 AM

It a driver! The last 2 cars I built I drove across the country and I plan on driving this one to San Francisco!
Thanks
Pat

That will be one helluva run all the way to San Francisco from Maryland. Lots of thumbs along the way. If you drive through Vegas on your way to SF, I want a looksie :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

freddyd02

Great job!

Let me know when you drive her to SF, ill meet you with my 69.

Did you test fit your brake light switch? I had to alter mine when i added the hydraulic clutch.

:2thumbs:

keepat

Quote from: freddyd02 on September 21, 2015, 06:23:06 PM
Great job!

Let me know when you drive her to SF, ill meet you with my 69.

Did you test fit your brake light switch? I had to alter mine when i added the hydraulic clutch.

:2thumbs:
Yes I noted that it's a little close to the clutch rod. It looks like I need to modify the little L bracket that holds the switch to actually make contact with the brake pedal not the master cylinder pushrod. I love to see a picture of what you did to your switch? I'm also considering using the switch that's attached to the Willwood porportioning valve??
Thank you!
Pat

keepat

Mounted the clutch reservoir and used ΒΌ S/S tubing for the line.
Thanks
Pat

WHITE AND RED 69

Looking sweet!

Why still use the original booster backing plate? 
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

keepat

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on September 24, 2015, 12:52:26 PM
Looking sweet!

I think the firewall needs the support of the original backing plate, too much movement without it.
Thank you!
Pat

timmycharger

Quote from: keepat on September 24, 2015, 04:21:12 PM
Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on September 24, 2015, 12:52:26 PM
Looking sweet!

I think the firewall needs the support of the original backing plate, too much movement without it.
Thank you!
Pat

Agreed.   Funny, I didnt think it was the original plate, thought you may have fabbed one out of aluminum given how all the work so far looks like it was born there  :2thumbs:

keepat

I bent the Hydroboost and power steering lines to fit in the left side inter fender well. I used 3/8" stainless steel  .035 wall tubing. All this test fitting, wiring, and line bending just to pull it all out before the bodywork starts is a lot of work!! I'm sure I will enjoy having all this work behind me after the car is painted. Wait that sound like I'm looking forward to the bodywork ;-(
Thanks
Pat

six-tee-nine

Well look at it this way, you wont need to make alot of mods to a painted car with the risk of scuffing the paint. And when the car is painted you'll be driving in no time.

BTW I like your hydraulic clutch setup. Still thinking of adding that to my factory trans. What brand are those parts? Really like the reservoir...

Oh almost forgot : outstanding job you are doing, I take my hat of for you sir!
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

keepat

Quote from: six-tee-nine on September 28, 2015, 05:16:38 AM
Well look at it this way, you wont need to make alot of mods to a painted car with the risk of scuffing the paint. And when the car is painted you'll be driving in no time.

BTW I like your hydraulic clutch setup. Still thinking of adding that to my factory trans. What brand are those parts? Really like the reservoir...

Oh almost forgot : outstanding job you are doing, I take my hat of for you sir!

The hydraulic clutch is a Wilwood unit and I bought the Mopar kit from Silver Sport transmissions.
And I got the reservoir on line, I think it is an after market unit for a late model Camaro.
Thank you!
Pat

keepat

Went to Carlisle today and pickup my original front and back seats that I had dropped off with Legendary this past spring. They recover the front & back seat and I went with their Rallye front seat upgrade. I'm very happy with the look, shape, and fit!
Thanks
Pat

Dino

Those look great!  So they use the orignal seat frames?  It's the foam and covers that are different?  Does it use the stock seat backs?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

keepat

Quote from: Dino on October 02, 2015, 07:41:42 PM
Those look great!  So they use the orignal seat frames?  It's the foam and covers that are different?  Does it use the stock seat backs?

Yes they used the original frame with custom cushions and covers on the seat and back! No more sliding from door to console ;-)
Thanks
Pat

Dino

Quote from: keepat on October 02, 2015, 09:47:32 PM
Quote from: Dino on October 02, 2015, 07:41:42 PM

Yes they used the original frame with custom cushions and covers on the seat and back! No more sliding from door to console ;-)
Thanks
Pat

Excellent!  Thanks.   :cheers:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

keepat

I finished up the power steering lines and cooler. Front brake lines are next.
Thanks
Pat