News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Modern Bullitt build

Started by keepat, April 30, 2014, 04:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redmist

And again....  Ridiculously nice work!

How do you like that lift? Worth the $$$

Ryan
JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

keepat

Quote from: XS29L9B2 on December 20, 2015, 10:10:04 AM
your woork is so beautifull

Thank You!

Quote from: redmist on December 20, 2015, 12:59:07 PM
And again....  Ridiculously nice work!

How do you like that lift? Worth the $$$

Ryan

Ryan,

The lift is great and is perfect for any garage with a low ceiling. At about $1,400.00 I think its a good value.
Thank You!

Pat

WHITE AND RED 69

Those fuel lines look great Pat! Really clean install.   :2thumbs:  

Makes mine look like crap.   :lol:

Where are you going to mount the vent canister? I need to move mine up from the floor to above the shock mounts. 
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

keepat

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on December 21, 2015, 03:40:18 PM

Where are you going to mount the vent canister? I need to move mine up from the floor to above the shock mounts. 

I'm planning on mounting the vent canister on the right side above the rear. There are body plug holes on each side that I will need to cut larger to fit.  I'm also planning on installing one for the differential as well.  Did you have a problem  with your vent canister?
Thank you!
Pat

Swilling

Absolutely outstanding work.

I feel like i remember you restoring a 70 T/A over on the TAC board.  Thats still one of my favorite builds to date.

I am in San Francisco every day, so not a moment goes by i'm not thinking about that black 68 from the film. Your build is right on point!

Cheers,
Sam.

redmist

Quote from: keepat on December 21, 2015, 10:00:40 PM

I'm planning on mounting the vent canister on the right side above the rear. There are body plug holes on each side that I will need to cut larger to fit.  I'm also planning on installing one for the differential as well.  Did you have a problem  with your vent canister?
Thank you!
Pat

I mounted mine in that exact location.

Ryan
JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

WHITE AND RED 69

Quote from: keepat on December 21, 2015, 10:00:40 PM

Thank you!
Pat

No problem with the canister, I just have a low spot in the line so I want to move it higher up. The plan is like yours to mount it in the plug hole on the passenger side.   :2thumbs:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

keepat

Quote from: Swilling on December 21, 2015, 10:13:10 PM
Absolutely outstanding work.

I feel like i remember you restoring a 70 T/A over on the TAC board.  Thats still one of my favorite builds to date.

I am in San Francisco every day, so not a moment goes by i'm not thinking about that black 68 from the film. Your build is right on point!

Cheers,
Sam.

Sam,
You have a good memory, I restored my 1972 T/A a few years ago.
Thank You!
Pat

keepat

Before removing the fuel line I made an AC condensation drain and fire wall pass-through.
Thanks
Pat

Patronus

Love seeing your work.
great job
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

keepat

Quote from: Patronus on December 23, 2015, 08:34:15 PM
Love seeing your work.
great job

Quote from: tan top on December 23, 2015, 09:15:30 PM
clever stuff  :yesnod: :cheers: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :popcrn:

Thank you gentlemen I hope you guys have a great Christmas!
Merry Christmas to all!
Pat

keepat

Installed the II Much vent canister, starting with punching out a 2 ½" hole where there was a 1 ¾" body plug using a knockout punch tool. This is a clean way to put holes into steel panels. Then I bent a 3/8" S/S vent line running downhill to the two tank vent fittings. I step closer to starting the bodywork.
Thanks
Pat

redmist

Keepat,

If you get a chance, or have a minute, could you get me a measurement between the gas tank, and the floor where the fuel pump assembly bolts in??

Thanks!

Ryan

keepat

Quote from: redmist on December 27, 2015, 01:03:46 AM
Keepat,

If you get a chance, or have a minute, could you get me a measurement between the gas tank, and the floor where the fuel pump assembly bolts in??

Thanks!

Ryan

Ryan,

With the tank straps tight there is about 1 1/2"
Let me know if you need a picture or more info?
Happy new year!
Pat

keepat

Ok this is the last of the pluming work (for now ;-) Before I put all the tubing tools away I bent up the rear brake lines. As the rear has no brake line clips I made 2 weld on S/S straps to go on the U bolts and 2 S/S clips that I drilled and taped onto one of the 4 link mounts.
Thanks
Pat

keepat

I put the charger on the rotisserie so I can finish the bottom and prime it. I also have a small floor repair.
Thanks
Pat

keepat

I had some help stop by the shop today ;-)
Pat

68RT440

Looks great. I cant wait until I can get mine on a rotisserie. Im jealous of how mint that car is... :2thumbs:
1968 Charger R/T, matching numbers 440/727, black with green top and interior, currently getting restored by me

WHITE AND RED 69

Damn Pat! Every new post has some amazing work!

Love the way you did all the fuel lines, so clean!  :2thumbs:

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

fy469rtse

:icon_smile_tongue:
I love this build , amazing the the amount of detail and skill, thought put into every nook,
Meticulous detailing ,
This will be one of those cars you will want to see on a hoist, because every time you notice something , will lead to another and another,  hours later, go to the hospital because you've thrown your neck out  :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:

keepat

Quote from: 68RT440 on January 03, 2016, 08:59:11 PM
Looks great. I cant wait until I can get mine on a rotisserie. Im jealous of how mint that car is... :2thumbs:

The rotisserie makes the hard work a lot easier!
Thanks and good luck with your car!
Pat

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on January 03, 2016, 10:00:50 PM
Damn Pat! Every new post has some amazing work!

Love the way you did all the fuel lines, so clean!  :2thumbs:

Thank you Clayton!

Quote from: fy469rtse on January 04, 2016, 05:27:24 AM
:icon_smile_tongue:
I love this build , amazing the the amount of detail and skill, thought put into every nook,
Meticulous detailing ,
This will be one of those cars you will want to see on a hoist, because every time you notice something , will lead to another and another,  hours later, go to the hospital because you've thrown your neck out  :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:

I have thrown my neck out working on it ;-)^
Thank you!
pat

el dub

Nice work. Are you the only one working on it.  Are you working eight hours a day on it. It seems your making quite the progress. :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

keepat

Quote from: el dub on January 04, 2016, 11:13:31 AM
Nice work. Are you the only one working on it.  Are you working eight hours a day on it. It seems your making quite the progress. :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

I'm the only one (sometimes the dogs help) I think about the Charger 8+ hours a day but average 3 hours a night working on it. I'm not where I thought I would be at this time but starting to light at the end of the tunnel.
Thank you!
Pat 

keepat

Started installing the torque boxes and have the left aft welded in. The US Car Tool boxes fit nice and only need a little adjustment. I added a 1 ½" hole for a future rear brake vent.
Thanks

Pat