News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Modern Bullitt build

Started by keepat, April 30, 2014, 04:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cbrestorations

i like seeing this thread hit the top of the page again, means keepat did something awesome again lol

Ryan

This build keeps me motivated to finish my car.  I am getting lots of good ideas from you. Thank you sir!

69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

keepat

Quote from: Ryan on April 09, 2016, 03:10:33 PM
This build keeps me motivated to finish my car.  I am getting lots of good ideas from you. Thank you sir!

Ryan,
Comments like yours keep me motivated, THANK YOU!
Pat

fy469rtse

Ooh no, you put under coating on that beautiful metal work
Love this build , don't take offence , but going to copy so much from your build into my next charger, just love the detail, right down to the improvements to handbrake and the way cable was run the frame connectors :2thumbs: :popcrn:

keepat

Quote from: fy469rtse on April 13, 2016, 07:18:49 AM
Ooh no, you put under coating on that beautiful metal work
Love this build , don't take offence , but going to copy so much from your build into my next charger, just love the detail, right down to the improvements to handbrake and the way cable was run the frame connectors :2thumbs: :popcrn:

That's why post so many pictures as I hope it would help somebody.  There's not that many original ideas most of the stuff I found on somebody else's build ;-)
Thank you!
Pat

GT

That's what is great about this site.  Keep up the fantastic work!  Btw, I was trying to figure out how best to deal with the fuel tank vent after conversion to EFI... saw the II Much vent you installed a few pages back...  :drool5:

so, I am shamelessly stealing and now i have one sitting on my desk waiting for install...in pretty much the same location...  :icon_smile_big:

There are a couple other ideas i "borrowed" from you as well   :angel:

Thanks!
1970 Dodge Charger ==> V10
2012 Charger SRT8

keepat

Quote from: GT on April 14, 2016, 12:04:35 AM
That's what is great about this site.  Keep up the fantastic work!  Btw, I was trying to figure out how best to deal with the fuel tank vent after conversion to EFI... saw the II Much vent you installed a few pages back...  :drool5:

so, I am shamelessly stealing and now i have one sitting on my desk waiting for install...in pretty much the same location...  :icon_smile_big:

There are a couple other ideas i "borrowed" from you as well   :angel:

Thanks!

The II Much is a pricey but very cool vent! I learned about it from another build thread ;-) I think I will also add another II Much for the rear end vent.
Thank you!
Pat

PS I look forward to seeing updates on your Viper Charger!

keepat

After a few failed attempts we finally came up with the correct formula to make the bumper guard crossmember. We were having problems with the carbon fiber bunching up on top of the mold when in the vacuum bag. The carbon fiber on the mold side look excellent so we decided to hand lay a final layer of carbon fiber on the top side after it was removed from the mold. I'm not sure if I'm going to go with the carbon fiber look or if I'm going to end up painting it black so it would be undetectable. The steel crossmember is about 6 pounds and I ended up with the carbon fiber weighing in at 1 lb. 4 oz.
Thanks
Pat

VegasCharger

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

mopar4don

Nice job Pat!
What about making the other 2 braces that go on the sides?

keepat

Quote from: mopar4don on April 22, 2016, 01:53:23 PM
Nice job Pat!

Don,
I am considering making the other 4 bumper brackets which I believe will save me a total of 25 lb.
It is time-consuming making the molds and it would require 4 separate molds as they are opposite from each other left to right.  Is cool looking as the carbon fiber is I think I will be painting all of mine black.

I hope you worked out your panel fitment issues if not please let me know if I can help in anyway.
Thanks
Pat

mopar4don

Quote from: keepat on April 22, 2016, 03:15:06 PM
Nice job Pat!

Don,
I am considering making the other 4 bumper brackets which I believe will save me a total of 25 lb.
It is time-consuming making the molds and it would require 4 separate molds as they are opposite from each other left to right.  Is cool looking as the carbon fiber is I think I will be painting all of mine black.

I hope you worked out your panel fitment issues if not please let me know if I can help in anyway.
Thanks
Pat

Hi Pat,
I here ya on the time consuming end of it.... I know all about that.. and I'm not even doing the cool extra things like you are.
Still working on the panel fitment. I talked to Charlie (cdr) he is the only one that I am aware of that did not slice and dice his quarters, or valance corners to make everything line up. So I need to get some time to try his ideas and work it out. Hopefully this weekend.

I appreciate your help.
Don

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: mopar4don on April 22, 2016, 03:29:39 PM
Nice job Pat!

Don,

Thanks
Pat

Hi Pat,
I here ya on the time consuming end of it.... I know all about that.. and I'm not even doing the cool extra things like you are.
Still working on the panel fitment. I talked to Charlie (cdr) he is the only one that I am aware of that did not slice and dice his quarters, or valance corners to make everything line up. So I need to get some time to try his ideas and work it out. Hopefully this weekend.

I appreciate your help.
Don

I also have never done the slice and dice. 9 sets of quarters now......
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

MxRacer855

I'm amazed with how well that brace came out! Stunning Pat!

keepat

Quote from: MxRacer855 on April 26, 2016, 02:05:19 PM
I'm amazed with how well that brace came out! Stunning Pat!

Jeff,  thank you, I'm very happy with it! The CF looks so cool it's almost a crime that I'll be painting it black.  Unfortunately I won't get to install it until next year.  I hope things are moving along with your charger project?
Thanks again!
Pat

MxRacer855

You bet Pat! I would definitely find it a sin to cover that beautiful result with black paint, but understand what you're going for!
The car is moving along slowly but surely (perhaps a little too slowly). Working on all of the little odds and ends at the moment.

Jeff

keepat

Epoxy primer the bottom and engine well today.
Thank you!
Pat

[/

mopar4don

ooooooooooooo shiney!
Looks really nice. Is that SPI epoxy you used?

keepat

Quote from: mopar4don on May 06, 2016, 06:35:56 AM
ooooooooooooo shiney!
Looks really nice. Is that SPI epoxy you used?

Don,
I used DuPont 2590s Epoxy DTM primer/sealer.
Thank you!
Pat

Charger-Bodie

Will you scuff and paint it too?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

keepat

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on May 06, 2016, 12:50:47 PM
Will you scuff and paint it too?

Yes, I will scuff and take care of any blemishes that I missed then topcoat with black base coat/clear coat just before I remove it from the rotisserie. I'm still looking at different blacks but getting close to picking one.  Hard to believe that there's so many different versions of black, some look very muddy or gray and very few just deep dark black. Late model Dodge viper black is high on my list.  Do you have a suggestion for a good black being that you are a painter?
Thanks
Pat

WHITE AND RED 69

That looks damn good for being primer! Can't wait to see it painted and back on the ground.   :2thumbs:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Charger-Bodie

I like the Chrysler black . It has just a few drops of blue in it. So it isn't one of those brownish ones or grayish.

mike69440

Quote from: mopar4don on April 22, 2016, 03:29:39 PM
Nice job Pat!

Don,

Thanks
Pat

Hi Pat,

I appreciate your help.
Don

Pat

Are you going with CF Brackets.  Removing 20-25 lbs of overhang weight might just b noticible, and just the effort  at that level of detail in commendable.