News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Delusional Charger sellers

Started by Homerr, November 09, 2014, 02:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cooter

That's a good question. Why the hell do people hunt for their dream car for YEARS, then sell it off(barring medical and unforseen hardships)?
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Challenger340

Quote from: G-man on January 28, 2015, 07:01:19 PM
Challenger340 -

Rust free driver = Allens car I bought.

Engine worked fine, gearbox worked fine, car drove fine. Car had no rust in it. Allen may have repaired some of it through it's life, it did not look like a show car, but it was a reliable car. Came with full service history, could see who owned the car, who it sold to etc... car was basically in the family until Allen had bought it. I would not call the car fully restored/rebuilt. It was a 383ci QQ1 Blue (pictures linked at bottom). It was just an honest, clean car that was looked after throughout it's life.

He sold that to me for 19k US. By the time it arrives, paid, dollar converted, few bits and pieces fixed (like leaking windscreen, reverse light switch purchased) and few odds and ends, it cost 38k.

That was a fair price on a car like that. But even that car which was very nice, I had idiots offering 30k for it and saying it wasn't worth more.

Pictures found here:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86613.0.html

Sigh....

WHY DID I SELL IT.

Gonna see if I can find the guy I sold it to and see if he wants to get rid of it.  :lol:

If you bought that in 2011 for $19K, IMO you did extremely well ! :2thumbs:
I have no idea WHY you sold it ?
But I suspect that you will have great difficulty replacing it, with anywhere close to the same deal monetarily today ?
Only wimps wear Bowties !

Challenger340

Quote from: Cooter on January 28, 2015, 08:14:07 PM
That's a good question. Why the hell do people hunt for their dream car for YEARS, then sell it off(barring medical and unforseen hardships)?

I dunno ?
estrogen maybe ?

G-man

Lack of Brain cells. 

:brickwall: <---- Maybe this doesn't help.  :slap:

Time to look forward to my new Charger and not worry about that blue one. Will find better!  :icon_smile_big:

Homerr

$69,000

Quote1970 DODGE CHARGER 500 RESTORED

BEAUTIFULLY AND IMMACULATE RESTORED 1970 CHARGER (FRAME-OFF) NON-LIKE IT. --- 440HP MOTOR, EVERYTHING NEW, CUSTOM LEATHER INTERIOR, AT TRANSMISSION (727), SURE GRIP REAR-END, MAGNUM WHEELS,
A restofication to better then new

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/4865281381.html

Homerr

$13,000

QuoteI have a 1969 Dodge Charger for sale it is a 2 door hardtop originally with a 383 but does not have an original motor in it. This car is a complete restoration, it has no interior. Trunk and rear lower quarters need to be fixed. What you see is what you get. There is front fenders in the car. I do not need to sell so I am pretty firm, just have other projects I am working on so decided to sell it. Title in hand and is non-op. Serious inquiries only.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/4868325324.html

kokxville

1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

6spd68

Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

Drache

QuoteIam selling my 1968 Charger project car
Car is complete other then motor or transmission no front grill or rear tail lights
And interior

Has rust like every other project car , floor
Trunk ,lower quarters left side of back window and a little around right firewall

The car has a clean title is Reg in BC
and is a 318 car

$8500

http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/pml/cto/4867727983.html
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

stripedelete

Quote from: Homerr on January 30, 2015, 11:55:16 AM
$69,000

BEAUTIFULLY AND IMMACULATE RESTORED 1970 CHARGER (FRAME-OFF) NON-LIKE IT. --- 440HP MOTOR, EVERYTHING NEW, CUSTOM LEATHER INTERIOR, AT TRANSMISSION (727), SURE GRIP REAR-END, MAGNUM WHEELS,

I think the St Regis interior is where the extra $30k is coming from.

VegasCharger

Quote from: Homerr on January 30, 2015, 12:00:32 PM
$13,000

QuoteI have a 1969 Dodge Charger for sale it is a 2 door hardtop originally with a 383 but does not have an original motor in it. This car is a complete restoration, it has no interior. Trunk and rear lower quarters need to be fixed. What you see is what you get. There is front fenders in the car. I do not need to sell so I am pretty firm, just have other projects I am working on so decided to sell it. Title in hand and is non-op. Serious inquiries only.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/4868325324.html

A 2nd gen Charger for $13,000

-Non R/T
-No interior
-No grille
-No hood
-No bumpers
-No dash components
-Needs new quarters
-Needs full trunk pan
-Needs floor boards

HOLY HELL!!!

Quotes:
"Trunk and rear lower quarters need to be fixed" How about they need replaced!!! LMAO
"What you see is what you get" How about what you see is what you get to keep at that price. Again LMAO

$4000.00 tops, and that's being kind.

MxRacer855

Quote from: Homerr on January 30, 2015, 11:55:16 AM
$69,000

I could NEVER get enough of a laugh out of people who post pics of there beautiful cars with super dirty and roached carpet... Why?  :shruggy:
Such an aesthetically pleasing part when done right.
That's like the eBayer's that post a picture of a part they're trying to sell in a puddle of oil, or in the dirt vs. a clean work bench.  :Twocents:

Jeff

Drache

Quote440 cubic inch - 550 + HP engine
833 - 4 speed overdrive manual transmission
Dana 60 rear axle with 4.10 gears
Front disc brakes with drum brakes in the rear
Bucket seats with custom pistol grip shifter on a factory console
Rallye dash with 150 speedo and the famous TIC TOC TACH
Rotisserie restoration with new interior and new tinted glass
Paint and body done by Investment Vehicle Restorations
Can be seen at the Calgary World of Wheels February 20-22

$99,000

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/medicine-hat/1969-charger-custom/1049467266
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

VegasCharger

Questions.......(see attached pic)

Ghoste

No on the overflow and no on the J bolt exposure.

Challenger340

Very nicely redone Charger  :2thumbs: But still a CLONE !

And I just dunno if anyone would ?..... or indeed even should care about overflow bottles ? or Battery hold-downs ? when paying, or even contemplating paying anywhere even close to $99K  for a Non-Numbers matching 383 4 spd Charger CLONED to look like an R/T 440-6Pk Car ?
just say'in......
Actual "Correctness"..... might be kind of a moot point on a Clone ?  

What I mean is this.....
At $99K , the far bigger issue IMO, should be that it will still always be a very nicely restored 383-4 spd Charger, NON-numbers matching, CLONED into a 440-6Pk R/T Car,
wherein,
market competition for "Clones", notwithstanding however nice it is, IMO, just has not reached that price level yet ?

or has it ?

My second issue would be the "550 hp" ?
If a guy is gonna spout a number.... he better be able to provide an actual DYNO SHEET !
Just my pet peeve, but I Dyno Mopar Engines a few times a month, and I get to SEE what they actually make.... as opposed to what their Owner's say they "should" make ?
Usually a pretty BIG difference !

70 sublime

I like the colour but always think it looks a little od when a 70 green is on an older Charger
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Ghoste

You are correct, clones aren't bringing anywhere near that kind of money.  (can it be truly considered a "clone" if it's duplicating something that never existed in the first place?)

Challenger340

Quote from: Ghoste on February 10, 2015, 06:17:00 AM
You are correct, clones aren't bringing anywhere near that kind of money.  (can it be truly considered a "clone" if it's duplicating something that never existed in the first place?)

I wouldn't know what "could" have existed in the first place or not ? I just ain't good enough at these Cars.

But I have seen the Car, very nicely done as are most by Terry at I.V.R., albeit, it was originally a 383 Car, so I don't know what else to call it but a CLONE ? of a 440-6Pk R/T Car ?

One thing is for certain, that being an I.V.R. restoration.... I suspect it cost well north of $100K to re-do ?
Nonetheless, IMO....
Money "spent" is no guarantee of investment value "return" at sale, given a lack of actual "originality or numbers" ??
Just my thoughts...
but I can't see any 383 4spd Car, cloned to resemble an R/T 440-6 pack car, commanding the same money as an original ? no matter how nice ?

1974dodgecharger

70 sublime

next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

six-tee-nine

vacuum gauge plumbed into the lines from the headlight door acutation?
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

VegasCharger

Quote from: Challenger340 on February 09, 2015, 08:56:34 AM
Very nicely redone Charger  :2thumbs: But still a CLONE !

And I just dunno if anyone would ?..... or indeed even should care about overflow bottles ? or Battery hold-downs ? when paying, or even contemplating paying anywhere even close to $99K  for a Non-Numbers matching 383 4 spd Charger CLONED to look like an R/T 440-6Pk Car ?
just say'in......
Actual "Correctness"..... might be kind of a moot point on a Clone ?  

I guess I should've worded in my reply that I was not nit picking but instead just curious on these two topics so that I can learn more about the hobby at hand.