News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My free 69 charger R/T ....

Started by Pat1973charger, January 26, 2015, 01:22:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ralley72

I purchased a parts car a few years back. Found the previous owners name of the car from a business car he left in the car, unfortunately  he had passed.  Researched some more  and found his widows name, she had passed. Called the DVM, they said I needed the death certificate. Did some more research and found the funeral home that did his services and asked them for the death certificates. They made a copy for me and I took that and a bill of sale from the guy I purchased the car from to the DMV and they  gave me a clean title. Don't remember the cost, less than $10.00. Another possible route for you.
Good luck with your 69 R/T project, looks like fun fun fun.

Mike
1973 Roadrunner 400 mag. 4 sp

Pat1973charger

Quote from: ralley72 on January 28, 2015, 06:07:16 PM
I purchased a parts car a few years back. Found the previous owners name of the car from a business car he left in the car, unfortunately  he had passed.  Researched some more  and found his widows name, she had passed. Called the DVM, they said I needed the death certificate. Did some more research and found the funeral home that did his services and asked them for the death certificates. They made a copy for me and I took that and a bill of sale from the guy I purchased the car from to the DMV and they  gave me a clean title. Don't remember the cost, less than $10.00. Another possible route for you.
Good luck with your 69 R/T project, looks like fun fun fun.

Mike

Thanks, not sure if that would work here, DMV in Nova Scotia seems to hate to help anyone. :flame:

ralley72

Well, I'm in the great state of Missouri and at some local DVM offices they do help. most don't

Mike
1973 Roadrunner 400 mag. 4 sp

Pat1973charger

more pics of it on the hoist last night.

Ghoste

What province was it in prior to NS?

moparfan

good luck hope it turns out great.

Cncguy

Wow! The bottom looks more solid than I thought it would.

Pat1973charger

As far as I can tell always been in ns

freddyd02

You definitely have a lot of work to do, but props to ya for taking it on. Will be great to see another charger restored and back on the road! Looking forward to this build thread..  :cheers: :cheers: :2thumbs:

Pat1973charger

Trying to title itnis really kicking the s**h outta me.... Do I  re body a rt down to a base?  :shruggy:

Even the rt tithe was in the picture it will be made up of itself, my 69 xp29, 69 satellite and new metal :scratchchin:

JB400

Can you have the lady you got the car from file for a lost title?

70 sublime

If they can not find the VIN in Nova Scotia maybe the ownership is not from there
How close to Ontario are you ?
Maybe it would be worth a search here
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Pat1973charger

Quote from: JB400 on January 29, 2015, 05:30:35 PM

The problem is her husband had the car and it was off the road before they were knew each other which wouldn't really matter as she's beneficiary but the DMV runs the vin it's not in the system

Pat1973charger

Quote from: 70 sublime on January 29, 2015, 06:25:27 PM
If they can not find the VIN in Nova Scotia maybe the ownership is not from there
How close to Ontario are you ?
Maybe it would be worth a search here
How far from Ontario I am coding tell ya, I guess as far as you can go before you got the Atlantic lol according to people who were Friends with the guy who owned it that the car came from a dealership locAlly and he was third owner.

TUFCAT

I hope it can be legally registered....if not (as shameful as this sounds) its an R/T parts car.  :'(

Pat1973charger

Quote from: TUFCAT on January 29, 2015, 07:59:24 PM
I hope it can be legally registered....if not (as shameful as this sounds) its an R/T parts car.  :'(

It's a little heart breaking knowing all my life I've wanted a 69 charge rt and now that I have one I face the fact I may have to make the sickening decision to use a rt as a parts car for a xp29  :-\

stripedelete

Quote from: Pat1973charger on January 29, 2015, 08:11:56 PM

It's a little heart breaking knowing all my life I've wanted a 69 c harge rt and now that I have one I face the fact I may have to make the sickening decision to use a rt as a parts car for a xp29  :-\

A higher power my be doing you a favor.

Pat1973charger

Quote from: stripedelete on January 29, 2015, 08:18:33 PM

It's a little heart breaking knowing all my life I've wanted a 69 c harge rt and now that I have one I face the fact I may have to make the sickening decision to use a rt as a parts car for a xp29  :-\

Elaborate please lol

JB400

Quote from: Pat1973charger on January 29, 2015, 07:00:27 PM
Quote from: JB400 on January 29, 2015, 05:30:35 PM

The problem is her husband had the car and it was off the road before they were knew each other which wouldn't really matter as she's beneficiary but the DMV runs the vin it's not in the system
When you found out about this, did you go through the local office, or the central office?  In Missouri, a person can write in to the central office and have a title search done, which in your case, would be in a file in a cabinet. It wouldn't be in the computer.

stripedelete

Quote from: Pat1973charger on January 29, 2015, 08:30:27 PM
Quote from: stripedelete on January 29, 2015, 08:18:33 PM

Elaborate please lol
I can't say for sure, but, in the pictures, I think I see a little rust. :)

On the title issue, will a registration get you any closer to a title?  Probably not.  But if it does, maybe you can back into it with an old photograph showing a license plate.

Also, don't dismiss bribery.  Six degrees of separation says your only a couple of people away from a DMV employee.
Worked for me.........

Pat1973charger

My xp29 is way worse, looked more like a charger when. I got it but has no floors left or crossmembers front rails rotted so bad they broke rear rails non existent, leafs have gone uo thru trunk and rear seat pan.... Yeah it's bad haha I starting to wonder if the vin isn't entered wrong into the system because it has at least one or two owners for sure that registered it.

Kern Dog

Quote from: TUFCAT on January 26, 2015, 11:23:49 PM
Sorry dude, you got a parts car.  :'(

While this above comment may appear rude, it isn't far off the mark. That car is wasted. Bringing it back is possible but Holy Christ! This has to be approached with absolutely no regard for resale value. I can appreciate the adventurous spirit you must have. There was another guy on this forum that took on a build using some abandoned 69 Charger.Baldwin vette maybe???

Pat1973charger

Quote from: Kern Dog on January 30, 2015, 02:34:03 AM
Quote from: TUFCAT on January 26, 2015, 11:23:49 PM
Sorry dude, you got a parts car.  :'(

While this above comment may appear rude, it isn't far off the mark. That car is wasted. Bringing it back is possible but Holy Christ! This has to be approached with absolutely no regard for resale value. I can appreciate the adventurous spirit you must have. There was another guy on this forum that took on a build using some abandoned 69 Charger.Baldwin vette maybe???

Yeah Baldwin vette did I know he was getting title somehow under reconstructed vehicle or something. I an really hoping to title this under the original vin as it is a real rt stripe delete 440hp

sdweatherman

Keep after it, and keep trying to contact car clubs in your local area. There has to be someone else that has gone through trying to get a car re-titled. Someone should be able to help you through this - don't give up on the R/T!
1971 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus GY8/318/Auto
1971 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus GB7/318/Auto factory Sunroof
1972 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus EV2/400/Auto factory Sunroof

Ghoste

The plate angle is a good lead to follow.  My guess is that it may have been registered with a typo, you are searching for the car with the numbers printed on it and the paperwork in languishing somewhere in the Nova Scotia DMV under a misprint.