News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My free 69 charger R/T ....

Started by Pat1973charger, January 26, 2015, 01:22:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TUFCAT

Quote from: Pat1973charger on February 14, 2015, 06:53:17 AM

.....the (incredibly attractive and nice) girl at the DMV called me Thursday morning..

Okay,...now we're going to need some pictures!  :drool5:

Pat1973charger

I'll see what I can do next time I go lol :scratchchin:

fy469rtse

Dmichels

Good luck on the rebuild Can't wait to see the finished product
68 440 4 speed 4.10

Pat1973charger

A little progress this weekend, removed the rip rails and roof skin from the satellite as I plan to use some of the front inner roof structure. Here are a few pics as well as one of my 6 month old with the shirt I got him made for Christmas on. He's a chubby little dude considering both his parents are fairly thin lol but thats ok he is my #1, hope someday he will help me in the garage maybe we can build another mopar together! I do have whats left of the XP29 with a clean title haha

holy crap there are alot of spot welds on these drip rails!

mopar4don

Looking good Pat,
If I remember right, there were just over 100 spot welds on each drip rail.
Good looking boy! And where I'm from we dont call that chubby, we call that healthy!

Pat1973charger

Thanks Don! He's a cute little bugger lol wasn't really happy for this photo.hope to get back at the car again soon, all this mess has been wearing me out on top of busy at work 8-6 and te little guy makes for slow progress

Tom68

He's just concerned that Dad won't get it done by the time he's 16.

Get going Dad! ;)

mopar4don

Hey that car can wait!
When he gets a little older, spend as much time with him as you can!
Believe me, before you know it he'll be grown!

Baldwinvette77

Pat1973charger

Quote from: mopar4don on February 18, 2015, 12:09:59 PM
Hey that car can wait!
When he gets a little older, spend as much time with him as you can!
Believe me, before you know it he'll be grown!

Thanks! To everyone he is first priority I try to spend lots of time with him Now. I used to think that I wanted him to get old enough that he could walk and come out and around with me, that was before he was born. Now as he grows now I am
Missing my baby boy.

six-tee-nine

Quote from: mopar4don on February 18, 2015, 07:20:46 AM
Looking good Pat,
If I remember right, there were just over 100 spot welds on each drip rail.
Good looking boy! And where I'm from we dont call that chubby, we call that healthy!

Wait till they start walking, They get skinny real fast then.

And hey if your still not done with the Charger when he's 16 you didnt learn him wrenching early enough.
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Pat1973charger

68pplcharger

Just read through this whole thread...  nice!!!  I personally love bringing cars back from the dead, especially when they have a history like your car. Congrats on the title... Your a step ahead IMO because it was free. I paid 5,000 for mine thought it was in pretty good shape until I started digging into it. Found out the patches in the trunk weren't done very well etc. long story short I've replaced most of the car and it's only a big block car (non RT). Made a great pro-touring car. Have fun, it will be worth it when it's all over. Building your own car from Scratch is very rewarding.

Link to mine below

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,67718.0.html

MxRacer855

Wow, moving along fast! this ones is going to be exciting!!!  :2thumbs:  :cheers:

:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:

Pat1973charger

Hope for more progress over the weekend. Work Saturday so only really leaves Sunday.

Pat1973charger

so no real progress other then the satellite is nothing more then a pile of pieces in my garage waiting to be blasted and be installed in their final location on the charger someday. A friend of mine who knew the guy that owned the car when it was taken off of the road sent me this pic of the car taken on the day of the accident in 1980. he also informed me that hes pretty sure the original 440 in in an old building at the very same junk yard where i got the satellite.

Cncguy

Cool that you are able to find and keep the History on this car.

fy469rtse

Very cool Pat,
keep going , the car in my avatar , very similar to yours, strip delete, stripped to a rolling shell , lots of rust and damage,
in no time at all you will have a complete body,
your have just taken a short cut , if it had been complete, you would had to strip it and cut the usual rust out anyway
hope the find on the original motor works out , bonus if the trans still attached  :2thumbs: 

Pat1973charger

Thanks! Original trans would be nice although I'd like to swap to 4 speed I think who knows, have to worry about a body to put those in first

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: Pat1973charger on April 29, 2015, 08:40:28 PM
Thanks! Original trans would be nice although I'd like to swap to 4 speed I think who knows, have to worry about a body to put those in first

if you need 4-speed pedals i just bought a set for 7$  :lol:

Pat1973charger

You probabaly have a lot more second gen b bodies in junk yards up there then I do.

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: Pat1973charger on April 29, 2015, 08:50:54 PM
You probabaly have a lot more second gen b bodies in junk yards up there then I do.
most have been pick over, i actually found these pedals in thee woods on this thing  :shruggy:

MxRacer855

Such a cool build!

When my car is finished, there's no doubt in my mind I'll wish it was this bad when I started!
That would make it a thousand times more AWESOME!!!

:2thumbs:  :cheers:

Jeff