News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Banned from the site but now I am back.

Started by Kern Dog, May 29, 2020, 05:34:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoparMike68

XH29N0G

I always have liked green cars.  My charger is green.  My original 1969 pontiac lemans was painted F8 green (yes the mopar color).  one of my dad's Jaguars is dark green.  I think the DB4 was also green.  If you don't like green, I ask you to stick with the mild version (#3) on KDs list.  

I also heard that the preference for green declines with age because of how our eyeballs age.  

:smilielol:  even that guy is green.  The other guy   :eek2: is just driing really fast (the air causes his face to look funny).

Forgot, one of our volvos is green - not the one that makes my in laws as why I have a foreign car - that volvo was black.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Kern Dog

You edited out your comments about FBBO and being banned there. The following may appear out of context.
I really should quote people to avoid this kind of thing.

GreyCharger complained about some humorous treatment at FBBO when he was a member.
Calling someone gay ? I think it is funny. I've done it since I was a kid. People that I know still do it today. It is a way that a lot of guys joke around. I hope and expect to get similar silly treatment back because I like joking and bantering between guys. I am not one to be serious all the time and have a hard time understanding how the stoic, strict appearing dudes can have any fun in their lives being so uptight.
I did get warned by a Moderator about the gay reference at FBBO. It wasn't simply overlooked by them.
Instead of reporting a post, (Which is akin to yelling for help from the teacher) Try handling the problem yourself. If a man has any wits about him and some self esteem, he can at least try to resolve conflicts without calling for help.  You are smart enough to defend yourself.
Finally, I have noticed that many of us get along quite well if we can leave politics out of these conversations. I am aware that these words seem hypocritical coming from me but I am trying to learn from my mistakes. If a forum member asks for help and I can give it, it would be nice to NOT be hesitant to do so based on something the guy posted in on a social topic.
One final thing:
I believe in God but I don't walk around quoting scripture. On some forums, I see members posting way too much religious references for my tastes. I don''t hold it against them, I just scroll on past. It can be difficult to tune out what bothers you. It isn't easy for me either.

greycharger

It was in FBBO General Forums, not the PF, the first time someone, (this is directed toward Kern Dog) maybe you, I didn't notice, "rudely" called me: "ghaycharger". You certainly did it here, so you won't mind if I get advice on manners from someone else, will you?

You come back from your ban and right off tell a lie, attributing words of another to me. If it was an accident, you made the same mistake twice at least. There was no: I'm sorry I threatened someone, no, I'm sorry I called others names; it's: oh, gee, I can't help myself. How can you be offended by a joke? I get overly emotional and people make me do it. Ain't I a stinker?
No, Bugs Bunny is a stinker. Bugs is funny.  

...So if we are going to talk about online personas, I'm sorry, but I don't see how calling someone gay is funny and not rude. Please explain.

greycharger

Oh, you got warned by a Moderator. Was it the Mod who posted the thing of the Michelle Obama photo morphing into a Gorilla? Can you believe he doesn't like me either? Hmm. Please explain the humor in that, buddy. I guess I'm just not getting you guys.

Unless I can have unfettered access to every single post and PM I made at FBBO, you have no right to make accusations or pretend to know me. I have zero access and can't prove what I wrote, so don't be putting words in my mouth. I do sound bad though, a "trouble maker", wasn't it?  Keep trying, I'm starting to hate me... oh, that darn self esteem going down again. 

As  far as Teachers, I was the one to stand up to them in Middle School. I traded punches with a 40 year old ex Marine Social Studies Teacher in the courtyard. Another reason I don't like bullies. I just realized: that's in my permanent record! Where do they keep those records? I'll bet there's stuff I forget. Sorry, Mom 

Of course I got my ass kicked!
But don't call me a liar unless you are willing to bet. $1,000 to a Veteran's charity of my choice is the bet, otherwise, stifle yourself.

Kern Dog

Quote from: greycharger on July 11, 2020, 09:28:23 PM

...So if we are going to talk about online personas, I'm sorry, but I don't see how calling someone gay is funny and not rude. Please explain.

Humor is such a subjective thing. What you find funny may fall flat with me. What I laugh at may seem immature and inane to you. That is how the cookie crumbles.
When I call someone "Gay" it isn't always literal. I have no idea if you prefer men or not. Jokes are not always meant to be 100 % true or factual. They are often a caricature of the truth.
The GIF of the lady morphing into a gorilla was hilarious no matter who posted it. After  learning that you object to that, it paints a clearer picture of what you find funny.
I learned many years ago that some people are not going to find my humor funny. Some do, some don't. I grew up watching Don Rickles, Andrew Dice Clay, George Carlin, Sam Kinison and Chris Rock. I like humor that some find offensive and it reflects in what I write and say. The people that I find most interesting are not always the most polite or introverted.

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Troy

Quote from: greycharger on July 10, 2020, 03:22:01 PM
So FBBO is the only Mopar site with permanent bans?
Permanent bans exist everywhere. Even here.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Kern Dog

People even get banned from YellowBullet and that is a wild site!

greycharger

You still haven't explained HOW these things are funny. Because they aren't funny. George Carlin et al could have explained what was behind all of his jokes.

For example: Many have poked fun of how fat and pudgy Trump is and how silly is not wearing a mask. One joke based on those issues might be: Spittle is high in calories, making the maskless Trump a ramp challenged tub of lard.

To simply point out that Trump is a lump of lard is not funny to normal adults, it may be for children, but presenting the high caloric spittle he's eating to explain why he walks like a penguin, is funny. 

Buy a joke book and get a feel for what is actually humorous.

timmycharger

Quote from: greycharger on July 14, 2020, 10:05:31 AM
You still haven't explained HOW these things are funny. Because they aren't funny. George Carlin et al could have explained what was behind all of his jokes.

For example: Many have poked fun of how fat and pudgy Trump is and how silly is not wearing a mask. One joke based on those issues might be: Spittle is high in calories, making the maskless Trump a ramp challenged tub of lard.

To simply point out that Trump is a lump of lard is not funny to normal adults, it may be for children, but presenting the high caloric spittle he's eating to explain why he walks like a penguin, is funny. 

Good Lord, give it a rest already..  :horse:

Lennard

So it's not okay for Kerndog to call you gay (on another forum), but it is okay to call our president a ramp challenged tub of lard that walks like a penguin?

I'm having a hard time not telling you my thoughts about you right now.

c00nhunterjoe

I have been acused on this site of being short and rude because i dont sugar coat things alot of times. I am usually straight forward with facts or direct 1 sentence questions. I dont care to write up a 3 paragraph detailed response every time someone posts the repeat questions that always end up online. Now get me in person in the garage or at a meet and i will talk, discuss, and bantor til the cows come home or the beer runs out. Keyboards can make it difficult to read a person at times.

John_Kunkel

Quote from: Lennard on July 14, 2020, 10:34:41 AM
So it's not okay for Kerndog to call you gay (on another forum), but it is okay to call our president a ramp challenged tub of lard that walks like a penguin?

There's an obvious difference between a personal insult to a member here and an insult to a well-known public figure.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Lennard

Quote from: John_Kunkel on July 14, 2020, 01:32:19 PM
Quote from: Lennard on July 14, 2020, 10:34:41 AM

There's an obvious difference between a personal insult to a member here and an insult to a well-known public figure.
The Gaycharger/Kerndog incident didn't happen on this forum, but on fbbo.  :pity:

Kern Dog

You still haven't explained HOW these things are funny.

I edited out the political portion from your post. I've been in violation of the rules many times and even banned twice. Maybe it is your turn?
To answer the quoted question about humor:
Who the hell knows?? I'm not a psychologist. I'm not schooled in interpreting what is in our brains making decisions on what makes us laugh or why. I know what works for me. The same things sometime resonate with others. I can't help what makes me laugh any more than you can help what you like.
Have you ever played team sports? Ever been in the Military? Ever work with a bunch of guys hand in hand?
I have done all three. I get along fine with people. Joking and "locker room banter" is a type of male bonding that creates a sense of brotherhood among men. Insults, pranks, favors and compliments all factor in.
It is actually rare for me to have trouble with people in person. I joke and do silly things all the time. It is that or I get really bored. I hate being bored. I can't fathom how the introverted and quiet people can be that way.

MoparMike68

Quote from: timmycharger link=topic=137931.msg1713116#msg1713116 date=1594739813
Good Lord, give it a rest already..  :horse:
/quote]
Now that horse is funny   :lol:

Challenger340

5 PAGES of this drivel ?

But saying 3.4 Million cases and skyrocketing is a threat to our collective economic well being..... and we can't afford any further STUPIDITY so WEAR THE DAMN MASKS ! is somehow 'political' and may get me banned ?

Now back to the regularly scheduled....

5 pages of frigg'in drivel !
Only wimps wear Bowties !

MoparMike68

Quote from: Challenger340 on July 14, 2020, 08:53:23 PM
5 PAGES of this drivel ?

But saying 3.4 Million cases and skyrocketing is a threat to our collective economic well being..... and we can't afford any further STUPIDITY so WEAR THE DAMN MASKS ! is somehow 'political' and may get me banned ?

If ya get banned upon returning start your own banned from the site but now I'm back thread  :chatting:  :lol:

Kern Dog

5 PAGES of this drivel ?

If you don't like it, walk on by and look at something else.
I find the 3 word thread and others like it somewhat inane but I have resisted clicking on those threads just to piss on them.
Since you act as if you are better than others, ignoring what you don't like should be an easy task for you.

c00nhunterjoe

5 PAGES of this drivel ?

I will leave 1 comment about the masks, at least in America. As a professional who worked in nuclear biological and chemical warfare, the masks are a joke. They are creating a false sense of protection among people and are ultimately leading to the spread in this country due to that false sense of protection.

maxwellwedge

You are probably right. I only wear a mask when I'm being made to. But where I live, most things haven't reopened yet. Other than gas, groceries and.....beer (yes, Corona), spirits etc., there is no where else to go. We still can't go into a gym, theatre or inside a restaurant - limited outdoor patio seating only....and that wasn't allowed until two weeks ago! Does it suck? Big time! Am I glad they are opening slowly and cautiously here? I reluctantly say - Yes.
I point to the states that opened everything over a month ago - and now they are spiking. We have double the population of say - Arizona.
We are now down to around 120 cases per day and slowly dropping from there. Arizona, at half my population is in the 1000's per day. Being twice as bad in numbers is bad enough. 60-80 times worse? That's insane. People can say it's all BS, fake, unfounded - whatever. It should stay a medical issue and not a political one. The truth is - everything is going to be a new reality for quite some time.
What really sucks is that I have been looking to buy a home there, have many friends there, and I can't go there.
I guess that means I am banned from there - Lol.