News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Look what I Found!!!!!! Updated Updated

Started by bookedbydano, January 20, 2007, 05:13:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bookedbydano

Okay, I was out looking for some new lots to build some houses and I spotted this.  Sorry the pictures are not that great but a snow storm was beginning so I just took some shots from the road.  Not sure what it is ........can you guys help??????  I will try to get better pictures..........located in central Nebraska.  It is not licensed and it looks as if it hasn't moved for sometime

bull

Looks like a '71 Roadrunner or Satellite.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

rt green

looks like a roadrunner hood. i would check it out
third string oil changer

Charger1973

Yeah thats worth looking into for sure  :yesnod:

Manfred318

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

bookedbydano

It suppose to snow about 6-12 inches, its going to be buried.......Hope it warms up so I can go back and see what it actually is......very curious.....From what I have seen and done some research I think it is a roadrunner......Have to grab some CASH and go

Charger1973

Its either a 71 or 72 Roadrunner or Satellite.  Looks decent from here.  Make sure you check the VIN before you drop a bunch of cash on it though, it might be a RR clone.

Dave22443

I had a '72 Satellite that looked just like that.  Man I miss that car. 

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

bookedbydano

If I can get a shot of the VIN, could someone here decode it for me???

Ghoste

Oh yeah, somebody will be able to do it.  Get a shot of the fender tag too if you can and it's still there.

konigcharger

RM= Road Runner
RS= GTX
RL= Satellite
RP= Satellite Sebring?

;)

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

BigBlackDodge

If the VIN starts with a RM It's a Road Runner. RH it's a Satellite Sebring. RL it's a Satellite. RP it's a Satellite Sebring Plus. RS it's a GTX

BBD

rt green

from the pic, it looks like its spying  on you. if you listen closely you can hear it say SAVE ME!!! TAKE ME HOME!!!
third string oil changer

bookedbydano

Okay, I went over and no one was home so I decided to sneak back and see what it really was....  it is a RM code on VIN so it is a roadrunner.  It does have the roadrunner stickers.  It has 440 on the hood scoops and does have a 4-speed.  It appears to be unmolested and in very good shape.  I wanted to take more photos but didn't like the Idea of being in somones back-yard uninvited...What do you guys think????

PocketThunder

I would take it home just for the fact that it is a 4 speed car.! :yesnod:

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

RT DAVE

The 440 badges wouldn't be correct for the car would they?  If it's a 71 it would have to have a 6 pack and a 440+6 script on the hood if that were the case, correct?  There weren't any 440-4 cars that year in a RR, were there?   Just nitpicking.   Is there a "V" in the vin?
68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

Charger_Fan

That's a '71 for sure...and YES it needs to be rescued! Go get it, do it now & beg forgiveness later! :boogie:

Oh & after you get it home, don't forget to go back &  :nutkick: the owner for leaving it in a field like that. :lol:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

bull

If it's sitting near a road you can bet the owner has been asked 150 times already if he'll sell it. And he's said no 150 times so you have to make it 151 I guess. He'll probably say something stupid like he's going to fix it up someday, or that you can have it for $30k. I hate to be cynical but most all of us have been through the process of trying to buy neglected cars and very few of us can report good news afterward.

hemihead

In 71 RR's did come with 440-4's.Very sweet! I bet if he does sell it won't be cheap.Looks like it has a plate on it.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

70 Charger RT

Nice find!  I would bug him/her to sell.  If they say no, keep checking back so eventually they'll get to know you and hopefully when the day comes, they'll sell to you.
70 Charger R/T - 440/6
07 BMW 328iS
04 GMC SLE 2500 Diesel

bookedbydano

I know the car hasn't moved in a while.  This place is in no mans land and you can barely see it...so maybe there is a chance.  I think I will go over with some cash in hand and see if money talks.  Worth a shot.  The car looks all original from what I saw and everything looks to be there.......would have liked to have gotten a better look but didn't like the fact I was tesspassing anyway I'll keep you guys posted

Brock Samson

hemigeno

Just going by what the "little white books" say, the '71 Runners only came with a 340, 383-4, 426 & 440-6.  Stranger things have happened though.  There is at least one documented '70 440-4 RR which people used to say didn't exist.  I wonder what the VIN says though   :scope:

Nice find anyway!

Shakey

There looks like a lot of potential with that car.

I'd agree with the others, find out who owns it and establish a rapport quickly.  Don't come on too string, just show some interest and feel him out.  If he happens to be a she, perhaps feeling her up might be a better approach.

Good luck.   :yesnod: