News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who's Your Favorite Comedian?

Started by Lowprofile, September 09, 2005, 12:55:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lowprofile

I'm sitting here in my truck, parked in the Flying J Truckstop in Birmingham, AL.I've been Listening to Fox news/MSNBC For all the latest news on the Hurricane, and how our elected officials would rather call each other names than help these poor people, I decided I needed a break.
I Switched the channel over to the comedy channel on XM Radio.
I just listened to Sam Kinnison raging about the church, his ex girlfriend who packed his bag for him, and put a loaded 357 magnum in the bottom  :smilielol: God, I miss that Bastard!

Anyway, my question to you all is, Who's your Favorite & why??

BTW, Lewis Black & Dave Atell are funny as hell. :cheers:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Vainglory, Esq.

Ron White - I love his combination of Southern humor, and irreverence to tradition.

Johnny SixPack

Richard Pryor for his ability to shock, amuse, amaze and otherwise plain ol' entertain.
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Chargerguy74

I like Dave Chappell, Jeremy Hots (sp) is a good one, he makes fun of Canada a lot.
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

TruckDriver

Well, my all time favorite is Jack Benny. But as for current, Bill Cosby, Tim Allen (his stand up stuff was great), Jerry Seinfeld (I must have seen all his tv shows like 3 times over & still laugh just as hard as I did the first time).
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Drop Top

Out of the ones that are still living. I like the Blue Collar Guys. Out of those guys I would lean towards Larry. Why? Just because he's funny, I don't care who you are.

Then for the ones that are no longer on this earth. Red Skeleton. I remember watching him on his show, when I was growing up. Clean and funny skits with differant people that he would portray. I still like to watch my DVD collection of his old shows.

MoparYoungGun

Quote from: Drop Top on September 09, 2005, 05:06:47 AM
Out of the ones that are still living. I like the Blue Collar Guys. Out of those guys I would lean towards Larry. Why? Just because he's funny, I don't care who you are.
:iagree:

Shakey

Anyone remember Renaldo Rey? 

Only saw a bit of his stuff way back in the early '90's.  Killer!

ramit

I just heard the new dane cook comedy cd.  He is a real silly bitch! :)

Wakko

Dane Cook is great.  There was another one, his name escapes me, and he died of heroin last year.  He looked like a stoner and never seemed comfortable on stage, but was hilarious. 
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

Recharger

That was Mitch Hedberg.   I was actually going to mention him when I saw the thread title. He was one of the few original comics out there lately.   What a waste.   Among the living, I'd have to go with Chris Rock or Steven Wright.  Jim Gaffagin always cracks me up for no good reason.

Wakko

Yes!! Mitch Hedberg.  I saw him live down here a couple years ago and really liked his stuff.  Shame he's gone.  :(
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

PocketThunder

I get all my laughs in this place..

Mojo and Charger_Fan are friggin funny...

then Old Mopars, then khrylon or however its spelled, has some good lines.

then RD, and Johnny Lightning...

this place is a riot everyday.  i'm on here off and on reading threads during "core office hours" and i'll bust out laughing and the guys sitting around me know i'm reading this site because our work is not that funny....
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Arthu®

Striving for world domination since 1986

ramit

derailed

George Carlin usually has me in stitches, nothing is sacred to that guy.

dd44068

I like Larry the cable Guy and the rest of the Blue Collar guys.

andy74

george carlin,larry the cable guy,ron white-all great,and i also like chris farley,david spade,chris rock-and i always like the guys who are jay and silent bob!

Ponch ®

George Carlin, Kinison, Rodney D., and Richard Pryor.

Also, Im a big fan of The Reverend Bob Levy, who happens to be a personal friend of mine.  :icon_smile_big:
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

70charginglizard

70charginglizard

last426

Quote from: 70charginglizard on September 09, 2005, 01:38:19 PM
You mean who was.....Jim Balushi

Who in their right mind would ever believe Courtney Thorne-Smith would marry Jim Belushi even in a sitcom?
The last funny thing he did was the ape in Trading Places.  My favorite is Sarah Silverman.

Charger_Fan

Awww...thanks, PT! (I've got your payment for that plug in the mail) :icon_smile_big:

I agree, there's lots-o-funny posts here. Definitely a guaranteed chuckle every day...especially on 'Hater's thread. :D

It's hard for me to put a finger on a favorite comic. I enjoy the old guys like Red Skelton, Bill Cosby (in his earlier days) & others I can't remember right now.
I also like most current comedians in one way or another. Although, I most admire the guys who can be funny without using swear words...Jeff Foxworthy & Jerry Seinfeld are two that come to mind. I'm not saying that swearing is a bad thing, because I loved Sam Kinnison & Andrew Dice Clay is awesome.
IMO, it takes an extra amount of talent to be a great comedian & still be able to keep it clean.   :)

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

andy74

I FORGOT ADAM SANDLER,ADAM CAROLLA, AND JIMMY KIMBELL

69_se_ron

George Carlin, Sam Kennison, Mustanghater.
Check out my progress pics at:<br />http://www.cardomain.com/ride/732403

Plumcrazy

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

Mefirst

John_Kunkel

Jonathan Winters, he has the facial inflections to go with his humor.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Vainglory, Esq.

Anyone ever seen Pablo Francisco?  I think he's a riot.

Oh, and another plug for Rev. Bob Levy, and Craig Gass too.

Rodney Carrington and Williams and Ree (The Indian and the White guy).
When I was just a very young lad I looked up and told my dad, a bareback rider's what I wanna be.  I want the whole world to know about me.  In the rodeo arena I'll make my stand.  I wanna be a rodeo man.  I'll come flyin' from the chute with my spurs up high, chaps and boots reachin' for the sky.  Spurin' wild with my head throwed back, you'll ask 'Who's that,' well that's Bareback Jack.  You'll ask 'Who's that,' well that's Bareback Jack.

Steve P.

Sammy was the man.. There is a auto parts delivery guy here that looks, sounds, laughs, dresses and screeeeeeeeeams just like Sammy.. He does all Sams old acts too..

Steven Wright too...

::)
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

TruckDriver

:-[ I have NO CLUE who these guys are at all...
Lewis Black & Dave Atell
Ron White
Dave Chappell
Jeremy Hots
Larry
Renaldo Rey
Dane Cook
Mitch Hedberg
Steven Wright
Rev. Bob Levy
Jim Gaffagin
Sarah Silverman
ADAM CAROLLA
Drew Hastings
Pablo Francisco
Craig Gass
Bob Levy
Rodney Carrington
Williams and Ree

I prefer the old school way of humor I guess.

PocketThunder I TOTALLY AGREE with your post! Although I like Wakkos & Telvis' sence of humor too. Charger_Fan is the type of guy I could hang out with anytime. :icon_smile_big: He has the exact same sence of humor I do.

John_Kunkel I agree with you too, Jonathan Winters Was Great too.

I also liked George Carlin, Cheech & Chong, Paul Lynn, George Burns, Flip Wilson, Don Rickles, Robin Williams (stand up was good), Avery Schriver (the freeto Lay guy), The Unknown comic was always funny, Pat Paulson, The McKenzie Brothers (Dave Thomas & Rick Moranis). Harvey Korman & Tim Conway, And who can forget John Candy. If you guys have never seen his last film, (the one he died filming), "Wagons East" you GOTTA go buy it! If you like one liners, puns & dry humor, you will have tears in your eyes after seeing it.
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

HalfastAMX

Quote from: Chargerguy74 on September 09, 2005, 04:31:48 AM
I like Dave Chappell, Jeremy Hots (sp) is a good one, he makes fun of Canada a lot.
M.I.A.?...........

HalfastAMX

Carlin, Belushi, Chapelle, Gallagher?, Cosby, Breuer?.........

Brock Samson

Tim Conway, who you old timers may remember,.. (or maybe not,.. he heh,..) from Mc Hales' Navy,..  Or Carol Burnett another favorite of mine..
Jackie Gleason,.. "To the Moon Alice!" and the entire cast or ensamble of "Second City Television"..
Mustang Hater and Silver are pretty good too..
:yesnod:

70charginglizard

Quote from: last426 on September 09, 2005, 02:15:17 PM
Quote from: 70charginglizard on September 09, 2005, 01:38:19 PM
You mean who was.....Jim Balushi

Who in their right mind would ever believe Courtney Thorne-Smith would marry Jim Belushi even in a sitcom?
The last funny thing he did was the ape in Trading Places.   My favorite is Sarah Silverman.

I meant John....sorry. Slip of the keys on the keyboard
70charginglizard

Old Moparz

There are a lot of comedians who'll put me in tears from laughing, but the one's who I've found to be consistantly funny & my favorites, are these people:

Top 3 Favorites:

George Carlin
Richard Pryor
Redd Foxx

Definitely Funny:

Chris Rock
Bill Cosby
Rodney Dangerfield
Don Rickles
Bill Hicks
Buddy Hackett
Denis Leary

Teams:

The 3 Stooges     (With the original Curly & sometimes Shemp)
Abbott & Costello
The Marx Brothers     (But not Zeppo)
Monty Python
The Kids In The Hall     (I miss this show)
Cheech and Chong
Laurel and Hardy

Some runner ups: (Some seem to have faded away.)

Jonathan Winters
Robin Williams
Eddie Murphy
Jake Johanson
Dennis Miller
Bobcat Goldthwait
Eddie Izzard
Sam Kinison
Tracey Ullman
Carol Burnet
Steven Wright
Larry Miller
Richard Belzer

There are some others I've seen that have made me laugh hard, but they never came up with new material & always fed off the same schtick. It got a little boring to me, people like Rosanne Barr.

On this site, Iceman Mojo has almost made me spit coffee on the monitor more than once.  :icon_smile_big:

Check this out to refresh your memory........................   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_comedians
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

2fast4u

I'm with Vainglory.....Pablo Francisco has had me laughin' so hard that I was cryin'...............

2fast
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

bull

Lowprofile

Quote from: Stratocharger on September 09, 2005, 09:16:34 PM
Tim Conway, who you old timers may remember,.. (or maybe not,.. he heh,..) from Mc Hales' Navy,.. Or Carol Burnett another favorite of mine..
Jackie Gleason,.. "To the Moon Alice!" and the entire cast or ensamble of "Second City Television"..
:yesnod:

Harvey Korman & Tim Conway  are unbelieveable! The Carol Burnett Show was one of the funniest things on TV........EVER!  Johnathan Winters in "MAD,MAD,MAD,MAD World" was priceless! :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger

TruckDriver

Peter Sellers in the "Pink Panther" movies are awsome too!

There is another guy who's name I can't think of now, but he imatates John Madden's voice all the time who is funny as all heck. Rich Little was another guy good at that. Guys that do other famous peoples voices (impersonaters) always bring tears to my eyes when they make fun of them.
PETE

Lowprofile

Frank Calendio is his name.  Very Funny :smilielol: :2thumbs:

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger

Afflyer

Want to know who my favourite comedian is?

Why none other than our nine month old daugher, Rhiannon! :icon_smile_big:  This little MoPar chick makes the silliest sounds, giggles at everything- even when you change her heavily laden diapers.  :lol:

I'm my daugter's BIGGEST fan!

Bradley  :icon_smile_approve:
Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

bad1032

Chris Rock, and How not to get your ass kicked by the police

TruckDriver

Quote from: Lowprofile on September 10, 2005, 09:57:26 PM
Frank Calendio is his name.   Very Funny :smilielol: :2thumbs:

Yes!!! That is the guy! Another guy too I just remembered who's name I forgot that is funny as all heck... He is a ex Brooklyn NY cop now turn stand up comedian. He said one time on a radio interveiw here he does some movie voice overs too.
PETE

Mass_Mopar

Chris Rock
Lewis Black
Ron White
Dane Cook
Mitch Hedberg
Steven Wright
Pablo Francisco
Robin Williams

:musik010:
-Nick

70 Charger 500 383/833 pistol grip 3.91sg
71 New Yorker 440/Auto
04 Ram 5.7L 4x4 5spd 3.92 Auburn Posi
Old screen name MA_Young_Gun

TheGhost

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Lowprofile

Quote from: DodgeChargerGuy on September 09, 2005, 06:56:01 PM
:-[ I have NO CLUE who these guys are at all...
Lewis Black & Dave Atell
Ron White
Dave Chappell
Jeremy Hots
Larry
Renaldo Rey
Dane Cook
Mitch Hedberg
Steven Wright
Rev. Bob Levy
Jim Gaffagin
Sarah Silverman
ADAM CAROLLA
Drew Hastings
Pablo Francisco
Craig Gass
Bob Levy
Rodney Carrington
Williams and Ree

I prefer the old school way of humor I guess.

Do yourself a favor, get XM Radio. They have 2 24/7 Comedy channels. Old school & the new stuff. You can even listen to XM "on line". One of the best investments I've ever made. Check it out.....www.XMRadio.com

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger

inhrmswy

Im going very old here but he never fails to crack me up....W.C. Fields has got to be my all time favorite the shit he used to say back in the day definatly woulnt get said in todays Polliticaly correct repressed society.  Also high on the list are, Monty python, Frank Caliendo, Carlos Mencia, Dave Chappel, George Carlin, Laurel & Hardy, 3 Stooges, Burns & Allen, Abbott & Castello....Damn I was born about 75 years too late...

blackcharger

Benny,Hope,Abbott&Costello,Three Stooges,Marx Bros;John Belishui,Tim Conway& Harvey Korman,Bill Engvall,Jeff Foxworthy,Robin Williams& Johnathan Winters

nh_mopar_fan

Hey, remember when Al Franken was funny?

Um, if so, can you tell me when that was?

andy74

MichaelRW

George Carlin, Benny Hill (deceased) and, oh yeah, Paris Hilton - she's one of the biggest jokes out there in celebrity land now.
A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

mustanghater

New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

73ChargerSE

Definitely Dane Cook and Mitch Hedberg

darcus

All those mentioned are funny. I do prefer the younger Robin Williams. Also Jim Norton, Lenny Clarke, Adam Ferrara, Nick Dipaolo, Bill Burr, Stephen Lynch, and Brian Regan.

Brock Samson

has anyone got around to Mel Brooks?....  :icon_smile_big:

Old Moparz

Quote from: Stratocharger on September 15, 2005, 08:42:25 PM
has anyone got around to Mel Brooks?....   :icon_smile_big:

I almost did, but figured him more for a writer. Did you know he was one of the creators/writers for the 60's TV show "Get Smart"? I liked that show almost as much as Gilligan when I was a kid.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Lowprofile

I didn't know they had TV back in the 1800's?? :D

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger

Mass_Mopar

-Nick

70 Charger 500 383/833 pistol grip 3.91sg
71 New Yorker 440/Auto
04 Ram 5.7L 4x4 5spd 3.92 Auburn Posi
Old screen name MA_Young_Gun

6pkrunner

George Carlin during his Hippy Dippy Weatherman era, but on LP where he could cut loose. The above mentioned Tim conway who was the absolute master of improvising - even the other actors couldn't keep up nor a striaght face. And he made it seem seamless. If find today's comedy just a festival of gross outs or very superficial. Instant sight gags seem t be the nrm.

4cruzin

I think the hardest I ever laughed was Eddie Murphy's Delirious  . . if you haven't seen or heard that, you need too!!  Very funny!    
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

Spartan

Rodney Dangerfield probably followed by George Carlin.
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)