News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who's Your Favorite Comedian?

Started by Lowprofile, September 09, 2005, 12:55:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lowprofile

I'm sitting here in my truck, parked in the Flying J Truckstop in Birmingham, AL.I've been Listening to Fox news/MSNBC For all the latest news on the Hurricane, and how our elected officials would rather call each other names than help these poor people, I decided I needed a break.
I Switched the channel over to the comedy channel on XM Radio.
I just listened to Sam Kinnison raging about the church, his ex girlfriend who packed his bag for him, and put a loaded 357 magnum in the bottom  :smilielol: God, I miss that Bastard!

Anyway, my question to you all is, Who's your Favorite & why??

BTW, Lewis Black & Dave Atell are funny as hell. :cheers:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Vainglory, Esq.

Ron White - I love his combination of Southern humor, and irreverence to tradition.

Johnny SixPack

Richard Pryor for his ability to shock, amuse, amaze and otherwise plain ol' entertain.
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Chargerguy74

I like Dave Chappell, Jeremy Hots (sp) is a good one, he makes fun of Canada a lot.
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

TruckDriver

Well, my all time favorite is Jack Benny. But as for current, Bill Cosby, Tim Allen (his stand up stuff was great), Jerry Seinfeld (I must have seen all his tv shows like 3 times over & still laugh just as hard as I did the first time).
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Drop Top

Out of the ones that are still living. I like the Blue Collar Guys. Out of those guys I would lean towards Larry. Why? Just because he's funny, I don't care who you are.

Then for the ones that are no longer on this earth. Red Skeleton. I remember watching him on his show, when I was growing up. Clean and funny skits with differant people that he would portray. I still like to watch my DVD collection of his old shows.

MoparYoungGun

Quote from: Drop Top on September 09, 2005, 05:06:47 AM
Out of the ones that are still living. I like the Blue Collar Guys. Out of those guys I would lean towards Larry. Why? Just because he's funny, I don't care who you are.
:iagree:

Shakey

Anyone remember Renaldo Rey? 

Only saw a bit of his stuff way back in the early '90's.  Killer!

ramit

I just heard the new dane cook comedy cd.  He is a real silly bitch! :)

Wakko

Dane Cook is great.  There was another one, his name escapes me, and he died of heroin last year.  He looked like a stoner and never seemed comfortable on stage, but was hilarious. 
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

Recharger

That was Mitch Hedberg.   I was actually going to mention him when I saw the thread title. He was one of the few original comics out there lately.   What a waste.   Among the living, I'd have to go with Chris Rock or Steven Wright.  Jim Gaffagin always cracks me up for no good reason.

Wakko

Yes!! Mitch Hedberg.  I saw him live down here a couple years ago and really liked his stuff.  Shame he's gone.  :(
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

PocketThunder

I get all my laughs in this place..

Mojo and Charger_Fan are friggin funny...

then Old Mopars, then khrylon or however its spelled, has some good lines.

then RD, and Johnny Lightning...

this place is a riot everyday.  i'm on here off and on reading threads during "core office hours" and i'll bust out laughing and the guys sitting around me know i'm reading this site because our work is not that funny....
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Arthu®

Striving for world domination since 1986

ramit

derailed

George Carlin usually has me in stitches, nothing is sacred to that guy.

dd44068

I like Larry the cable Guy and the rest of the Blue Collar guys.

andy74

george carlin,larry the cable guy,ron white-all great,and i also like chris farley,david spade,chris rock-and i always like the guys who are jay and silent bob!

Ponch ®

George Carlin, Kinison, Rodney D., and Richard Pryor.

Also, Im a big fan of The Reverend Bob Levy, who happens to be a personal friend of mine.  :icon_smile_big:
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

70charginglizard

70charginglizard

last426

Quote from: 70charginglizard on September 09, 2005, 01:38:19 PM
You mean who was.....Jim Balushi

Who in their right mind would ever believe Courtney Thorne-Smith would marry Jim Belushi even in a sitcom?
The last funny thing he did was the ape in Trading Places.  My favorite is Sarah Silverman.

Charger_Fan

Awww...thanks, PT! (I've got your payment for that plug in the mail) :icon_smile_big:

I agree, there's lots-o-funny posts here. Definitely a guaranteed chuckle every day...especially on 'Hater's thread. :D

It's hard for me to put a finger on a favorite comic. I enjoy the old guys like Red Skelton, Bill Cosby (in his earlier days) & others I can't remember right now.
I also like most current comedians in one way or another. Although, I most admire the guys who can be funny without using swear words...Jeff Foxworthy & Jerry Seinfeld are two that come to mind. I'm not saying that swearing is a bad thing, because I loved Sam Kinnison & Andrew Dice Clay is awesome.
IMO, it takes an extra amount of talent to be a great comedian & still be able to keep it clean.   :)

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

andy74

I FORGOT ADAM SANDLER,ADAM CAROLLA, AND JIMMY KIMBELL

69_se_ron

George Carlin, Sam Kennison, Mustanghater.
Check out my progress pics at:<br />http://www.cardomain.com/ride/732403