News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

GO CHIEFS !! Other team talks welcomed.

Started by ACUDANUT, December 03, 2007, 05:04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACUDANUT

We should make a trade and get QB Smith in San Fag.  :Twocents:

Mopar Nut

Quote from: ACUDANUT on February 10, 2013, 11:13:43 PM
We should make a trade and get QB Smith in San Fag.  :Twocents:
You guys need Big Ben, give Smith to the Steelers.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

ACUDANUT

Big Ben is injury prone and imo, doesn't have much longer left in the NFL.

Mopar Nut

Quote from: ACUDANUT on February 10, 2013, 11:20:37 PM
Big Ben is injury prone and imo, doesn't have much longer left in the NFL.
True, Steelers better start looking and save their money.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

nh_mopar_fan

At least we can all be confident that year after year, draft after draft, the title of this topic never needs to be changed.

:smilielol:

472 R/T SE

Maybe the past decade, yeah I'll agree.

All, most all teams ride a wave of ups & downs.  Enjoy it while you can & if it makes you feel better about yourself by all means, after all that's what the thread is about.

Food for thought.  The Chefs & Cheatriots W-L regular season record since 1960.  For whatever reason the totals are off.

Cheatriots 418-367-9    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_New_England_Patriots_seasons

Chefs 402-374-12   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Kansas_City_Chiefs_seasons

The70RT

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on February 11, 2013, 01:32:12 AM
Maybe the past decade, yeah I'll agree.

All, most all teams ride a wave of ups & downs.  Enjoy it while you can & if it makes you feel better about yourself by all means, after all that's what the thread is about.

Food for thought.  The Chefs & Cheatriots W-L regular season record since 1960.  For whatever reason the totals are off.

Cheatriots 418-367-9    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_New_England_Patriots_seasons

Chefs 402-374-12   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Kansas_City_Chiefs_seasons

After Brady leaves it will be all over.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

nh_mopar_fan

We'll see about that. They came within one play of going to the SB with Matt Cassell.

As for records since 1960, WTFC?

It doesn't make me feel better about myself. It doesn't have a thing to do with me. I don't play for them.

You guys need to relax. It's a freaking game. Life goes on, no matter what goes on on the field on Sunday.

I sleep just fine either way.

Cheers.  :cheers:

nvrbdn

i was watching a football game one thanksgiving. my family was all at my parents house. i cheered hard when dallas screwed up. i sulked when they did anything good. i wont use the "H" word here, just have a strong dislike for the cowboys and their entire organization. my brother ( who thinks he is better than anyone else) says, why get so upset when the cowboys do great? the only true way to enjoy a football game is to celebrate in the achievements of every player in the game and not root for a team. root for every individual to achieve his goal.  i said well then you are also celebrating in the misfortune of the defence that missed the tackle, why cant you just admit for once that you are a cowboy fan? he never talked football with me again.

its not just a game to me.    its a war.    :yesnod:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

472 R/T SE

We're not the ones getting all wound up.   :smilielol: 

When you make it sound like the Chefs have stunk forever, records have everything to do with it. 

Face it, the Cheatriots aren't all that.  As a matter of fact they downright sucked for a while.

nh_mopar_fan

Sucked is not strong enough a word for them back in the day.

Ask Red Sox fans if that 1918 WS championship was good enough for almost 100 years.

:brickwall:

History is all good and fine but at the end of the day, it's all about watching a live NFL game on Sunday not the History Channel.

nvrbdn

yep, true. and as a football fan, most of the time it doesnt matter who is playing. just give me a game.

now if the rams can get mad enough at st. louis to leave in search of a new stadium i can get back to 4 games to choose from on regular t.v. :smilielol:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

472 R/T SE

That's more like it.  All 32 teams have sucked or currently suck.  It's just the past decade our teams have been at the opposite ends & all anyone remembers is what's currently happening.

I sure hope my team starts riding the upward wave soon.  Most teams get out of the cellar after several years of sucking/high draft picks. 
Problem with the Chefs is the core of the team (best players) were drafted by Herm Edwards & Carl Petersen.  Starting last year all those picks' rookie contracts have came up. 

In 4 years Peeholy's drafts' have netted 2 stars' in the making.  That's sad.

That 1st year P was hired.  He fired all the scouts & Bill Kuharick (sp?) & tossed all their scouting reports.  Best pick from that draft who is the only one resigned long term, Mr. Irrelevant, the last pick of the draft, K Ryan Succop.  #1 pick in that draft, Tyson Jackson, will be cut per rumors. 

Nice job setting this franchise back Peehole.   :rotz:

Budnicks

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on February 10, 2013, 11:31:20 PM
At least we can all be confident that year after year, draft after draft, the title of this topic never needs to be changed.

:smilielol:
Amen to that  :brickwall:
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

472 R/T SE

Budnicks?  You of all people have no room whatsoever to talk. ::).        ;)

Budnicks

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on February 11, 2013, 11:17:47 AM
Sucked is not strong enough a word for them back in the day.

Ask Red Sox fans if that 1918 WS championship was good enough for almost 100 years.

:brickwall:

History is all good and fine but at the end of the day, it's all about watching a live NFL game on Sunday not the History Channel.
yeah they were really bad fo quite a long time, came back in the 70's then bad again, for quite a while, now they have a good owner & head coach {but he's a Freaken' Cheater} & are a good team/organization once again, as much as it really pains me to admit that, because I hate/dispise the NE Pat's, the damn "tuck rule & Tom Brady & his Butt Buddy Bill Belicheck", with a deep felt passion...

Budnicks

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on February 12, 2013, 05:39:39 PM
I wasn't bashing your team, I was agreeing with a comment & yeah either :hah: , at least we've been to 5 Super Bowls, 1 in the 60's, 1 in the 70's, 2 in the 80's, 1 in the 2000's, won 3 of them, 2 in the 80's & 1in the 70's....LOL... the KC Cheifs can barely win a play off game in the last 40 years, haven't been to a Super Bowl, since the 1st Super Bowl, that they got creamed by the GB Packers, Just like my beloved Raiders did in Super Bowl #2... Opinion will vary vastly  :Twocents:

The70RT

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on February 11, 2013, 08:40:11 AM
We'll see about that. They came within one play of going to the SB with Matt Cassell.

As for records since 1960, WTFC?

It doesn't make me feel better about myself. It doesn't have a thing to do with me. I don't play for them.

You guys need to relax. It's a freaking game. Life goes on, no matter what goes on on the field on Sunday.

I sleep just fine either way.

Cheers.  :cheers:

Relax? ........WTF  do you think we been doing!!!

Lord Warlock

Just be grateful that your team isn't the Jaguars, we've had a crappy team so long now that i'm beginning to think they are trying to challenge the buccaneers or Saints.  We've only had a couple seasons where we were actually competitive, and the worst part is watching our star players of the past doing great on other teams a season after leaving us, or a coach who gets fired for sucking for 5 years then goes to the superbowl his first season off the roster here. 

Their catch phrase this year was that they were All-In,  and with being all in they won a total of 2 games.  I wouldn't care if they lost away games, but i just wish they'd win the home games. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

The70RT

Quote from: Budnicks on February 12, 2013, 05:49:56 PM
Quote from: 472 R/T SE on February 12, 2013, 05:39:39 PM
I wasn't bashing your team, I was agreeing with a comment & yeah either :hah: , at least we've been to 5 Super Bowls, 1 in the 60's, 1 in the 70's, 2 in the 80's, 1 in the 2000's, won 3 of them, 2 in the 80's & 1in the 70's....LOL... the KC Cheifs can barely win a play off game in the last 40 years, haven't been to a Super Bowl, since the 1st Super Bowl, that they got creamed by the GB Packers, Just like my beloved Raiders did in Super Bowl #2... Opinion will vary vastly  :Twocents:

2 super bowls, we won in 69. Vikings....remember?

JB400

I doubt it. Most people have a hard enough time believing that we went to the moon.  What would make you think they would believe the Chief's ever won a Superbowl?

The70RT

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on February 12, 2013, 08:55:39 PM
I doubt it. Most people have a hard enough time believing that we went to the moon.  What would make you think they would believe the Chief's ever won a Superbowl?

Come on,  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

nvrbdn

:smilielol: oh well, sometimes it sucks to be a chiefs fan. but i will stay true. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

The70RT

Quote from: moparstuart on February 13, 2013, 12:42:34 PM
Quote from: nvrbdn on February 13, 2013, 12:30:55 PM
:smilielol: oh well, sometimes it sucks to be a chiefs fan. but i will stay true. :2thumbs:
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

That's right, I was born an hour from the stadium. Just because some other team wins im not gonna jump on the bandwagon. Oh yeah go Jayhawks!