News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

GO CHIEFS !! Other team talks welcomed.

Started by ACUDANUT, December 03, 2007, 05:04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Budnicks

Quote from: nvrbdn on December 17, 2013, 07:46:58 PM
the rams are the team to beat.  :yesnod:

the colts pounded the broncos, and the rams pounded the colts.  then pounded the saints.  stay away from st. louis. :nana:
shows "almost" any team, can win at any time, your win loss record doesn't mean crap, that's why they have to actually play the games... hell Tampa & Jacksonville who were winless, for the best part of the season, has won a few games now even...  Houston was one game from the championship game last year & only 2 wins this year, much like KC had only 2 wins last year, any team can win @ any time... :hah: I still stand by what I've been saying thou... play off will bring the best teams to the top...  :popcrn: good luck
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

ECS

TIME WILL INEVITABLY UNCOVER DISHONESTY AND LIES!

Budnicks

Quote from: ECS on December 22, 2013, 03:51:10 PM
Quote from: nvrbdn on December 09, 2013, 11:12:45 PM
......we only beat the teams with loosing records......

So it seems!
:2thumbs:, sorry to see that they lost  :brickwall: , even if it proves my frequently said point...

ACUDANUT

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

472 R/T SE

What little momentum there was disappeared the minute Kniles Davis fumbled.  Dorsey & Reid may know how to draft & build a team but this year's draft sucked.  This Davis kid is fast but he had fumbling problems in college.  I don't know how or why teams think they can change someone.  The discouraging part is no one was in the process of tackling him, he ran into someone on the line & fumbled the ball.   ::)

The70RT

Quote from: Budnicks on December 22, 2013, 04:23:36 PM
Quote from: ECS on December 22, 2013, 03:51:10 PM
Quote from: nvrbdn on December 09, 2013, 11:12:45 PM
......we only beat the teams with loosing records......

So it seems!
:2thumbs:, sorry to see that they lost  :brickwall: , even if it proves my frequently said point...

Yep, and unless the Raiders change, it will still be your frequently said point  :icon_smile_blackeye:

No matter what happens it isn't gonna be a bad season. A bunch of those rookies are bound to get better sooner of later.....time to move on to the next game. I doubt we can beat them in the dome but any team can beat any team "almost"
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ACUDANUT

Let's not forget, the Colts also beat Denver....That's not a easy task.

Mopar Nut

Gotta say, I'm proud of the Kansas City Chiefs and they're not my team.

Steelers won again though, c-mon Pittsburgh!
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

472 R/T SE

As a Chef fan since the year they drafted Derrick Thomas it's been a roller coaster ride.  I can appreciate a good team when I see it.  This team's not that many games' from me proclaiming some of the worst football I'd ever seen. 

Reid & Dorsey have renewed hope.  You can ask either one of them & I can guarantee neither figured playoffs in the 1st year.

Problem is, different front office & coaching staff won't be enough to change the ol' one & done in the playoffs.  2 more solid free agency seasons along with competent drafts & I think we can win at least one, we'll see what happens then...

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/12/24/4712490/chiefs-inability-to-stop-the-pass.html

QuoteAfter the Chiefs have lost in the playoffs and the obituaries of their season have been written, we will remember this team in two primary ways.

First, it's the group that brought pride back to an organization that had lost its way, one of the great turnarounds in recent NFL history.

And second, it will be the team that kept alive the franchise's 20-year drought of playoff wins because it could not stop the pass.

This season is such a wild ride, already. It started with the cloud of an embarrassing and shameful 2-14 team hanging overhead, then it picked up steam with a string of good breaks and overwhelming defense, and it's now spinning its wheels uphill through the icy conditions of better competition.

What most people thought before the season was turned to fiction through the first nine games, and what many people thought through the first nine games has again been turned on its head by the last six.

Specifically, this is no longer a defense that fans should be confident with or a competent offense should be concerned with.

Even including a gift against an imploding team from Washington, the Chiefs are giving up 27.8 points per game since their bye week. They rank 21st in opponents' yards per play (edging out No. 22 Jacksonville).

Their best cornerback from the first month or two of the season has been benched, and the results didn't change. Their best cornerback from last year has been moved from the outside to the slot and now back to the outside, and the results didn't change.

A defense that was the talk of the league through Halloween is now a liability against good quarterbacks, at a time when the Chiefs are unlikely to again face anything but a star quarterback.

The Chiefs' four losses have clear similarities, starting with their inability to stop the pass.

In those losses, opposing quarterbacks completed 67 percent of their passes for an average of 340 yards with 10 touchdowns and just two interceptions. That's a cumulative passer rating of 111.9. If you prefer ESPN's Total Quarterback Rating — it's complicated, but it's a scale of 0-100 with 50 being average — the Chiefs have given up QBRs of 66.5, 86.7, 97.2 and 55.5 in their losses.

In those losses, we saw Marcus Cooper bullied, Brandon Flowers beat, and Sean Smith complaining about penalties that were fairly called on him.

We've also seen circumstances that demand far more from the cornerbacks than should ever be asked — a neutered pass rush giving quarterbacks too much time and a lot of plays with only one safety deep to help.

Using Pro Football Focus' numbers, almost without exception, the worst games for all three primary cornerbacks are the losses. Then again, the guys at the line of scrimmage aren't doing their job, either: 6 1/2 sacks and 18.7 quarterback hits and hurries in the wins, compared to one-half sack and 13.2 hits and hurries in the losses.

Even watching video, without knowing assignments and schemes (and who is playing at less than full strength), dividing blame is a circular argument. Receivers are often open, at least in part, because the pass rush isn't getting to the quarterback. The pass rush can't get to the quarterback, at least in part, because receivers are open too quickly.

This week, Chiefs coach Andy Reid talked about how much of his team's inability to stop the pass in the four losses is more on the pass rushers or pass defenders.

"I'd probably say there's a combination of things," he said. "The bottom line is we're not having quite as much pressure on the quarterback. ... Pressure and coverage kind of work together. Each (game) is a little different.

"You saw (against Indianapolis), we didn't have guys covered. We've got to make sure we get that straight. ... One breakdown, the quarterback sees it, there's an issue. We need to make sure we get that better."

You'll notice there are separate bits of Reid's answer that put the blame on the pass rush and the pass coverage.

There is enough blame to go around.

The expected return of Justin Houston will help, of course. Everything that defensive coordinator Bob Sutton wants to do is based on pressuring the quarterback, and even on a team with Tamba Hali, Houston is the best pass rusher.

But we've seen enough to know that Houston's return will not be an instant and total fix. We've seen enough to know that the cornerbacks aren't fast enough to keep up on deep routes, that they need more than one safety helping in the pass game, and that the coaches haven't figured out how to properly defend against crossing routes.

The Chiefs have accomplished a lot this year. Jamaal Charles (offensive player of the year), Andy Reid (coach of the year) and John Dorsey (executive of the year) have strong cases for major postseason awards. The Chiefs should get at least five, and maybe as many as seven players in the Pro Bowl. They have grown from dysfunction to the playoffs, and that's no small thing, even in the parity-driven NFL.

No matter what happens the rest of the way, this has been a successful and crucial season in the Chiefs regaining their fans' trust.

But when the season ends with another playoff loss, the important thing will be to patch weaknesses in time to take advantage of the prime years for stars like Charles, Hali and Derrick Johnson.

Mostly, that means figuring out a way to stop the pass.

ACUDANUT

All good points. Do you think Andy Reed could get us a Super Bowl some day?  He has never won one.

Budnicks

Quote from: ACUDANUT on December 26, 2013, 11:42:17 PM
All good points. Do you think Andy Reed could get us a Super Bowl some day?  He has never won one.
Not sure he can win the big one, he took the Eagles to only one {lost} & he went to 4-5 NFC Championship games {lost all but 1}, he's a much better coach then the last loser Todd Haley at-least... he was part of the Niner's & Bill Walsh linage & the Packers with Holmgren, with Jon Gruden Steve Mariucci etc., I'm not really sure, if he won a ring while he was with any of them or not, as an Assistant or Coordinator...

Mopar Nut

Go Chiefs, if they win today, Steelers are in the playoffs.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

ACUDANUT

What a game.  Oh well, we did not have to win it anyway. :Twocents:

Mopar Nut

Budnicks

The mostly back up Chiefs team "almost beat the Chargers"  :brickwall: that now are in the play-offs last #6 spot & have a 9-7 record now, Chiefs finishing @ 11-5... bumping out the Steelers in the process... I saw there's bee a bunch of talk, about the final play {I didn't actually see the game, we got a different game}, supposedly/allegedly the refs blew it {again, it seems they blew it allot this year} & the Chiefs should have been able to run one more play or a re-kick attempt, 5 yards closer to "try to attempt another kick, to try to win the game", against a team with a winning record, for the 1st time this year  :horse: , sorry guys I can't resist... it's good to be right...  :nana: But backing into the play-offs doesn't ever work out for any team, especially when loosing 5 out of the last 6 games, momentum killing, what they did in the fist 9 consecutive wins... I guess we'll see if the Chiefs can beat the Colts & see if the Chargers can beat the Bengals, next week... I don't see either team beating the Broncos or the Patriots thou, but we'll see,  :hah: at-least they're in the play-offs....  :2thumbs:

472 R/T SE

Quote from: Budnicks on December 31, 2013, 01:28:03 PM
at-least they're in the play-offs....  :2thumbs:

Cause beating teams with winning records is so important...San Diego went 5-2 against teams that finished with a winning record, and 4-5 against teams that finished .500 or worse.

Mopar Nut

nvrbdn

smith is starting to get too creative and holding too long again. not liking what is starting to happen.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

have you ever witnessed such a meltdown. win or lose, they are back to their namesake, they suck!!!!!!!!!!   their defense is playing off the ball like they have a 50 point lead. every receiver is wide open.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

bakerhillpins

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

bakerhillpins

Quote from: nvrbdn on January 04, 2014, 07:30:35 PM
have you ever witnessed such a meltdown. win or lose, they are back to their namesake, they suck!!!!!!!!!!   their defense is playing off the ball like they have a 50 point lead. every receiver is wide open.

Reminds me of when the Steelers used to always retreat back to the "Prevent the win" defense when they got any lead.  :slap:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.