News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

XP29G8B269602 - 1968 Dodge Charger - General Lee Conversion

Started by JoeyGowdy, December 24, 2007, 12:05:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of the Before, During and After pictures ?

Awesome... YEE-HAW!!!!!
54 (45.4%)
Terrible... slaughtered!!!
36 (30.3%)
I don't know.
29 (24.4%)

Total Members Voted: 119

JoeyGowdy

Quote from: 69charger2002 on December 25, 2007, 12:39:43 AMlooking good man. i hope you bring it to cruising the coast when done.. the more chargers in the CTC mafia the better.. we already have quite the showing down there

Thanks, sounds interesting, will have to check it out - the more the merrier!

Quote from: tan top on December 25, 2007, 07:08:14 AMlooks like your doing a awesome job there, keep the pictures coming. not much of a DoH fan though to general lee a charger myself, but each to there own &  still a charger at the end of the day that has been saved the main thing, good stuff

True, anything is better than scrap-ironing it. Will do (more pics soon)!!

Quote from: warriorbass05 on December 25, 2007, 11:57:37 AMWorks for me!!!  I have a 68 and am doing the same thing only I am changing out the tailpanel and the grill.....It will be a nice GL....JUST like yours!!!!

Congratz!! You should register your General Lee here: http://www.hazzardretreat.com/registry.asp Will I see you at Dukefest 2008??

Quote from: Hemidog on December 25, 2007, 02:56:37 PMgreat job on restoring that 68!

Thanks!   :cheers:
Sincerely, Joey Paul Gowdy

JoeyGowdy

The Center Console was in pieces (pic #1) so we carefully pieced it back together with fiberglass, then spread fiberglass all along the inside to help strengthen it (pic #2). Later painted it Medium Beige and added the Tan carpet pieces for the final results (pics #3 & 4).

JoeyGowdy

during

Ghoste

Any more "after" pics of the console?  Looks like you did a pretty good job there on a piece that I'd have taken the easy way out and just bought a repro.  Tip of the hat on that.  :2thumbs:

JoeyGowdy

Quote from: Ghoste on December 26, 2007, 03:20:23 AMLooks like you did a pretty good job there on a piece that I'd have taken the easy way out and just bought a repro. Tip of the hat on that.

Thank you, although I am turning it into a General Lee I still wanted to use most of the original equipment (if it was possible to repair it) just incase I (or someone else) ever decided to revert it back to its original factory image.  :yesnod:

Quote from: Ghoste on December 26, 2007, 03:20:23 AM
Any more "after" pics of the console?

Sure, any particular requests?

Ghoste

Nope, just couple of clear shots of the finished product.

JoeyGowdy

Pictures showing the fiberglass lining.

JoeyGowdy

more pics

JoeyGowdy

more pics

19Charger68

WOW - you have  a ton of talent!  I'm not really a GL fan either, but you are doing a he!! of a job.  Really nice job on the console!  First class work!!!!
Bruce

Fitz73Chrgr

Lookin' good!

Quote from: JoeyGowdy on December 24, 2007, 01:15:25 AM

Quote from: 8WHEELER on December 24, 2007, 01:09:38 AMI love the JJ1 Gold Metalic paint color

Heh, yeah looked great... however it's now Primer Red and will be Hemi Orange soon.

I don't know how correct you're trying to be, I'm guessing not too correct since you're using a '68, but I believe the correct color for the GL is not Hemi orange, but 1975 Corvette Flame Red.

Either way, great looking car.  I'm not the biggest GL fan either, but I'm always happy to see a Charger getting restored, GL or not.   
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

tan top

more good pictures  :popcrn:                      :yesnod:           , you done some nice work on the centre console (Joey ) good stuff  :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

JoeyGowdy

Quote from: 19Charger68 on December 26, 2007, 05:48:28 PMWOW - you have  a ton of talent!  I'm not really a GL fan either, but you are doing a he!! of a job.  Really nice job on the console!  First class work!!!!
Quote from: tan top on December 26, 2007, 07:01:54 PMmore good pictures, you done some nice work on the centre console (Joey) good stuff

Thanks! It's been an enjoyable experience!

Quote from: Fitz73Chrgr on December 26, 2007, 06:39:00 PM
Lookin' good! I don't know how correct you're trying to be, I'm guessing not too correct since you're using a '68, but I believe the correct color for the GL is not Hemi orange, but 1975 Corvette Flame Red. Either way, great looking car.  I'm not the biggest GL fan either, but I'm always happy to see a Charger getting restored, GL or not.

True, I went with the Hemi Orange V2 because it was an in-between/medium orange color.  Most have the Corvette Red, some have the Hemi Orange and others have Vitamin C Orange. In the picture below the Corvette Red is the darkest, Hemi Orange is the medium and the Vitamin C Orange is the lightest.   :yesnod:

note: attached photo courtsey of http://www.hazzardretreat.com/buildageneral.asp

Ghoste

Were you able to duplicate the textured finish on the outside of the console or did it come out smooth?

kamkuda

JoeyGowdy

Quote from: Ghoste on December 26, 2007, 11:41:26 PMWere you able to duplicate the textured finish on the outside of the console or did it come out smooth?

Yes, duplicated the textured finish.

Quote from: kamkuda on December 27, 2007, 10:43:21 AMI love progress pictures,  Very Nice.

Thanks, more pictures to post soon!   :coolgleamA:

Brock Samson

looks like it's comming along nicely,.. i'm not a big DOH fan either,.. but your doing a good job and that's gotta' be a source of pride.
I really like the way you've done the flag on the roof all flapping in the wind like that...any better pics of that?..  not enuff variation in the General lees generaly..  :icon_smile_wink:

JoeyGowdy

Quote from: Brock Samson on January 01, 2008, 02:45:40 PM
looks like it's comming along nicely,.. i'm not a big DOH fan either,.. but your doing a good job and that's gotta' be a source of pride.

Thanks.  :yesnod:

Quote from: Brock Samson on January 01, 2008, 02:45:40 PMI really like the way you've done the flag on the roof all flapping in the wind like that...any better pics of that?..  not enuff variation in the General lees generaly.

True, totally agree!   :2thumbs:

bull

Quote from: Brock Samson on January 01, 2008, 02:45:40 PM
I really like the way you've done the flag on the roof all flapping in the wind like that...any better pics of that?..  not enuff variation in the General lees generaly..  :icon_smile_wink:

Isn't that just in the back window?

jmeekins33

Well, I am a fan of the General Lee.  I am also a fan of Mopars and Chargers in general.  I think your car looks great and I can't wait to see more progress.

-Jason M

JoeyGowdy

Quote from: bull on January 05, 2008, 07:36:17 AMIsn't that just in the back window?

Yes... atleast at the moment anyways... might do a little "extra" to it  :D

Quote from: jmeekins33 on January 05, 2008, 08:21:12 PMWell, I am a fan of the General Lee.  I am also a fan of Mopars and Chargers in general.  I think your car looks great and I can't wait to see more progress.

Thank you  :2thumbs:

JoeyGowdy

Center Console: Before and After pics

JoeyGowdy

Center Console: Before and After pics

JoeyGowdy

Interior Right: Before &  After

JoeyGowdy