News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Boyds doin a Mopar................on now!

Started by Charger4404spd, October 03, 2005, 07:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger4404spd

Khyron

I bet they get close to the deadline, bitch about everything, boyde says some kind of incoherent speech, then someone gets fired, then it gets done.   :icon_smile_big:

*EDIT* thats a nice Polara.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

RD

who was the guy on this site who was supposed to go work for boyd?
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

69bananabeast

I dont think he was suppose to work for him , but meet him with a possible offer. It was DropTop
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

RD

watched it last night, couldn't believe that before they started in on the floor pans, they didnt even look if someone made them aftermarket.  What kind of cookie cutter operation they running?
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

4402tuff4u

RD, I had the same thought when I watched it last night. First prudent thing to do is to see what parts can can I buy to avoid fabrication. You think Boyds ex-wife was hot a one time?? :rotz:
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

BB1

Everyone left, who had a ounce of medal work skills. Looks more like a high school auto shop show of what not to do.  :P
Delete my profile

RD

41husk

Quote from: 4402tuff4u on October 04, 2005, 09:11:32 AM
RD, I had the same thought when I watched it last night. First prudent thing to do is to see what parts can can I buy to avoid fabrication. You think Boyds ex-wife was hot a one time?? :rotz:
No ! but he did trade up nicely :yesnod: I bet thats a fun place to work with your ugly ex wife and your attractive younger new wife.  One happy family :icon_smile_big:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

SirNik73

yeah, i watched the show. it looked kinda hack to me. like they did no research what so ever. and then when sho ever that forgin guy was, when he was tryign to take out the floor pan... he was bitching about not having sheet metal skills. what rock has he been under... my roomate came out and yelled at the TV "Maybe if you built cars insted of rolling Hot Tubs you have some freak'n 'sheet metal skills'" i'm sorry but its not that hard to work sheet metal, i have no training on how to work sheet metal, but when i've had to do it it never looked as hard as what that guy was doing. o well. i kinda wanna see how the car will come out when done.
1973 Charger SE
1973 Charger Parts car
1968 Couger... got this one for free! and it looks like it was free :)
1983 Toyota Tercel 4x4 Daily Driver
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300SD

Brock Samson

None of these shows ever have any problems with funding or hidden problems,Sure it's great they're doing that for The Kid, Max, (Who has great taste really) and the Make A Wish Foundation, but,...   give me a break. Let's all just go out and have ten to twenty guys go to work on our projects and an unlimited budget...   :flame: I find it really hard to respect a car or the owner who simply writes a check and looks in every week or two for an update... I'm calling it,..   B.S!    :rant:
  Boyd is such a dick he acts like no one knows anything about cars or work but his manicured ass... Lamer! What does he do anyway?..
what does that prick with the accent do?.. anyone know?  :confused:
  Nice to see the Magnum Force front suspension set up,( nice touch it was delivered in a Magnum R/T). and did ya notice they simply dropped the crate Hemi in. ain't they notorious for having Major manufacturing defects?..  :shruggy:
  I dunno those shows are mostly soap operas for teenage car sketchers if ya ask me...
  This has the look of a throwaway project, i wonder if the camera wasn't on them if they'd take such pains to do it right.

SirNik73

If the camera wasn't on them i don't see Boyd wasting space in his shop for a charity car.... he seems ruthless when it comes to business.
unless its part of his comunity service for that title fraud he got caught committing.
1973 Charger SE
1973 Charger Parts car
1968 Couger... got this one for free! and it looks like it was free :)
1983 Toyota Tercel 4x4 Daily Driver
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300SD

Ponch ®

Quote from: SirNik73 on October 04, 2005, 01:05:08 PM

unless its part of his comunity service for that title fraud he got caught committing.

:haha:
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Old Moparz

I hardly ever watch any of the car related shows except for when I flip channels. I'll stop to see what they're working on, but never follow the drama. I did see 5 minutes of this one, from when the crate hemi sat in the tupperware container, up to when the 2 guys told Boyd they were going on vacation.

I couldn't handle the excitement, so I watched some bugs on the animal planet channel with my kid.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Khyron

Quote from: Old Moparz on October 04, 2005, 01:38:33 PM
I couldn't handle the excitement, so I watched some bugs on the animal planet channel with my kid.

Animal Planet rocks!  :METAL:

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Old Moparz

Quote from: Khyron on October 04, 2005, 01:54:03 PM

Animal Planet rocks!   :METAL:

I'd rather watch it over 99% of everything else on the boob tube. There's almost nothing with an original idea anymore.  ::)
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

RD

i remember watching it last night in reference to the boyd crew laying out some bs as far as when the hemi motor was going to arrive.   It was like such a big stressful thing.   Then I saw the very next scene after them complaining and the hemi was mated up to a 727 lying on the ground.   I guess they forgot to edit out the part where the motor was on the ground, because 10 min later they state that the motor just arrived and now they could do a mock up.

:icon_bs:

Khyron

to sum up this thread to those comming in late...

Boyd sucks  and is a little bitch that doesn't like to get his hands dirty  :P

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

derailed

much more intelligence on that channel

RD

i just got done watchin a rerun of american hot rod, ya know where charlie left.  is it me, but did it seem like Jo (boyd's new wife) and charlie had something going on?  she was crying when he left and they went into charlie's office and sobbed together.  FACTS:  2 years livin with boyd and her, charlie is a young man, boyd is old, jo is hot, charlie is away from his wife,.... sounds pretty fishy.   no wonder boyd told him not to come back hehehehe

PocketThunder

Quote from: RD on October 05, 2005, 12:24:58 PM
i just got done watchin a rerun of american hot rod, ya know where charlie left.   is it me, but did it seem like Jo (boyd's new wife) and charlie had something going on?   she was crying when he left and they went into charlie's office and sobbed together.   FACTS:   2 years livin with boyd and her, charlie is a young man, boyd is old, jo is hot, charlie is away from his wife,.... sounds pretty fishy.     no wonder boyd told him not to come back hehehehe

are you saying that he was dipping his pen in company ink?

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

andy74

fuck boyd,didnt he file bankruptcy and screw a whole lot of people a few years back?all i can see about him is his fat whiny ass,trying to cash in on other peoples work and take the credit.what a mega tool

boyd does anything,i get out this

RD

Quote from: PocketThunder on October 05, 2005, 05:41:13 PM
Quote from: RD on October 05, 2005, 12:24:58 PM
i just got done watchin a rerun of american hot rod, ya know where charlie left.   is it me, but did it seem like Jo (boyd's new wife) and charlie had something going on?   she was crying when he left and they went into charlie's office and sobbed together.   FACTS:   2 years livin with boyd and her, charlie is a young man, boyd is old, jo is hot, charlie is away from his wife,.... sounds pretty fishy.     no wonder boyd told him not to come back hehehehe

are you saying that he was dipping his pen in company ink?

[bugs bunny] mmmmmmmm..... could be [/bugs bunny]

bad1032

next episode of Boyd yellin, discovery channel

BB1

Delete my profile

Khyron

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Steve P.

What pisses me off is that they are working with a gazillion dollars worth of tools and a fat budget and all the damn producers want to do is make a soap opera out of it..

When there was a West Coast Choppers show, Jesse James actually showed you HOW to build a gas tank, stretch metal and make curves and domes out of flat sheet metal.. That show went away fast.. Piss on it.. I'd rather watch Bob Vila hit his thumb with a hammer..... 

PS. Boyd Cottington hasn't worked on a car in 30 years...
Also I watched the B/J auction the other day. Chip Foose cars went for about 4 times what the Boyd cars went for...
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

RD

Quote from: Steve P. on October 11, 2005, 01:03:09 PM
What pisses me off is that they are working with a gazillion dollars worth of tools and a fat budget and all the damn producers want to do is make a soap opera out of it..

When there was a West Coast Choppers show, Jesse James actually showed you HOW to build a gas tank, stretch metal and make curves and domes out of flat sheet metal.. That show went away fast.. Piss on it.. I'd rather watch Bob Vila hit his thumb with a hammer.....  

PS. Boyd Cottington hasn't worked on a car in 30 years...
Also I watched the B/J auction the other day. Chip Foose cars went for about 4 times what the Boyd cars went for...

that last sentence says it all.  and you wonder why charlie left.

Brock Samson

I'm just watching to see, the Polara and how they do stuff,.. and what tools they got...
I was wondering when he went to show Max how drill out that spindle how he was gonna secure the part,   ??? and sure enuff,.. a moment later they had a major malfunction and folks nearly got blinded when the drill bit twisted the part all around in his hand and it snapped...
would any Pro be so foolish as to do that?.. no mention was made on camara anyway.. but all this other drama is highlighted.
  Did ya catch how the brake booster is being mounted behind the dash at a right angle?.. so the firewall can be "clean"?.. that's the stuff I wanna see, not Boyd with his brows all knitted...   >:(
I like this kid Max,.. he's a class act.   ;)

ChargerHound69

I was impressed by Max also.  The kid really wants to learn. 

I can not stand that they are doing all the shows the same not.  I gave up on American Chopper because it is too fake.  The other shows are just a spin off of them. 

I do like to see a Mopar being worked of though.

Brock Samson

I agree, the MOPARS are the reason i watch,..

I was watching the monster garage episode and i wonder that's with all the B.S. trying to pass those builds off as cheap,.. they say they have a $20,,000 budget ???
Is this to make the viewing public think they too can build one like that?..  :P

ChargerHound69

I would love to know how much Boyd puts in a car, and how much he makes on the car.

Brock Samson

it seems that on OCC american chopper, big companies are footing the bill cause it's free publicity for snap on or what ever i only remember the red sting ray on American hot rod being for a private party and the ugly mustang the guy did for his wife,.. more cash then brains in both cases,.. i see the vettes' still sittin there a yr later..
And those monster garage projects are thrown togeather crap that ain't no where near street legal, i wonder if they're crushed?..
what about Pimp My Ride and ain't there another one?.. who pays for that stuff the manufacturers?..

ChargerHound69

Monster Garage they cars just sit in the back from what it looks like.  They always show them taking parts off one of the old projects.

Steve P.

I surely agree about Max.. Though he reallllly does remind me of BlueBeer!!! Even has the falling down pants look!!

I also like the look of the flat fire wall, BUTTTTT,,,,, if you're going to go through all that, why not set the motor back another 6 inches and make a wheel stander out of it?? I COULD NOT cut out a fire wall just to make it flat.... It would be nice to get the master cylinder out of the way of those Hemi valve covers though!!  I would like to see them take it to the track when it's done like Monster GaRBAGE... 

I just reallllly think they should all be shows about fab work and test and tune.... :yesnod:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Brock Samson

did ya see that the entire master cyl. was chromed?.. and mounted sideways behind the dash?..   how long was that on?.   two seconds?..That's the kinda stuff I wanna know about, not the trip to raging waters and the drama that played out over five minutes...   :rotz:
I finally saw the swedish dude Tom, (no, not our Tom, he's Finnish anyway...)   do something besides piss everyone off... he tubbed the Polara's rear and went home to use the bathroom... WTF kind of a show is this anyway?..     :eyes:

Steve P.

I'll have to answer that question later. I have to go use the bathroom now...
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Charger4404spd

Quote from: Stratocharger on October 11, 2005, 07:16:14 PM
did ya see that the entire master cyl. was chromed?.. and mounted sideways behind the dash?..  how long was that on?.  two seconds?..That's the kinda stuff I wanna know about, not the trip to raging waters

Exactly Strat, I agree. Just like OverHaulin, these shows would be so much more interesting if not for the drama. Who gives a shit about the pranks!

Steve P.

The concept of steeling someones car and showing them freak out was what put the show on the air.. Now that everyone that is into cars has watched the show, who are they going to shock??

I would rather see Chip Foose show how to build, rebuild, fab and customize cars than waste time with dorky broads that don't have a clue and wanna be actors wearing fake teeth and a fake mustache........    Even Stacey from Trucks does some cutting and welding on his show and he is all about selling sponsored parts......

OK Drop Top. Time to start your show.......... :yesnod:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

BB1

I saw last night that Mike from Boyd's show, now works for Foose. Another one left the dark side.  :icon_smile_cool:
Delete my profile

Charger4404spd

Quote from: cudahob3 on October 12, 2005, 11:21:53 AM
I saw last night that Mike from Boyd's show, now works for Foose. Another one left the dark side.  :icon_smile_cool:

Yeah I noticed that also. The little brunette chick has been replaced too.

I would like to see a mini-series with Foose showing lots of fabrication, body work, etc. From start to finish. Now that would be a good show to watch.

dodgeboy67

well i must say its about damn time that foose and boyd are doing up some mopars....im really sick of seein fords and chevys.........

boyd seems to be a jackass to me too.........he expects too many miracles....which almost always appear to happen, but thats just not how to treat employees....but on the same note, boyd also does some kickass stuff for his employees too

but hes still a jackass....and i think that duane needs a good swift kick in the ass too

i think boyd knows that foose was better than him , thats why they dont work together anymore

just one more thing............then ill shut up......both boyd and foose are innovators of the industry, like barris.....but am i the only one who thinks they go a little too far sometimes???i mean , must they put 18"-22" wheels on everything?gimme a set  of magnums, or cragars, or keystones even..........and what was wrong with the bumpers where they were ?....does tucking  them look that much better?....i just dont see the point i guess

ok im done now.....thats just my opinion, but then,my opinion and a buck fifty will buy you a cup of coffee(unless you are at starbucks)

8WHEELER

Quote from: Stratocharger on October 11, 2005, 07:16:14 PM
I finally saw the swedish dude Tom, (no, not our Tom, he's Finnish anyway...)   do something besides piss everyone off... he tubbed the Polara's rear and went home to use the bathroom... WTF kind of a show is this anyway?..     :eyes:

Well you will be happy now the Swedish guy just said by by to Boyd next Foose guy   :callme:  moving on he says.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Brock Samson

that crappy british show Top Gear was just cancelled... Jeeeze I can't imagine why?..  :'( Did You Brits like that?..  ???

RD

watched the 3rd installment of the MAX HEMI.  thought it was cool that butthead duane got a hemi tattooed on his back with "MAXHEMI" below it.  the car looks beautiful.  a real nice and different car to come out of his shop.

did anyone see this and see the challenger sitting in the background?

Brock Samson

i ain't seen the 3rd yet, so what happened?.. yeah i noticed the chally!  my MOPARIAN card is still up to date!  ;D

RD

well you can catch the rest of it right now, its on the discovery channel  :icon_smile:

JimShine

It was a good show. Helt bad for the kid as not only will he not have the car in the end, but he knows death is not too far away for him. They should have let him have the car until he died.

BB1

What did the kid have? he looked healthy to me.
Delete my profile

RD

67_Dodge_Charger

Quote from: RD on October 17, 2005, 11:33:21 PM
watched the 3rd installment of the MAX HEMI. thought it was cool that butthead duane got a hemi tattooed on his back with "MAXHEMI" below it. the car looks beautiful. a real nice and different car to come out of his shop.

did anyone see this and see the challenger sitting in the background?

Yeah I saw the challenger.   Duane just realized his own mortality.   You could see it in the eyes of Boyd's toy wife at the end of the show.   Thomas should have left the circus a long time ago.     :yesnod:

IMO.

Robert

Lowprofile

Once and for All, we should get it over with.....Celibirty Death Match......Foose vs. Boyd!!! :D  I've always liked "Monster Garage" . My favorites were the Peterbuilt Trike & the Mustang Lawnmower!
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

ChargerHound69

I think the car turned out great.  I agree they should have let Max have the car. 

That is Boyd for you.

Brock Samson

I ain't seen the third instalment yet,..
I'm pretty sure the Polara belongs to the "Make A Wish" foundation.
Maybe someone  ::) .....  who hasn't brought anything to the board....  will google it and let us know...  ;D

JimShine

It was stated the car was being auctioned off and the proceeds are going to the Make a Wish foundation.

max

the thing i found interesting is that Foose used to be Boyds partner and that James worked with them.
now out of the 3 you can clearly see who doesn't get his hands dirty :eyes: