News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Boyds doin a Mopar................on now!

Started by Charger4404spd, October 03, 2005, 07:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BB1

Delete my profile

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Steve P.

What pisses me off is that they are working with a gazillion dollars worth of tools and a fat budget and all the damn producers want to do is make a soap opera out of it..

When there was a West Coast Choppers show, Jesse James actually showed you HOW to build a gas tank, stretch metal and make curves and domes out of flat sheet metal.. That show went away fast.. Piss on it.. I'd rather watch Bob Vila hit his thumb with a hammer..... 

PS. Boyd Cottington hasn't worked on a car in 30 years...
Also I watched the B/J auction the other day. Chip Foose cars went for about 4 times what the Boyd cars went for...
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

RD

Quote from: Steve P. on October 11, 2005, 01:03:09 PM
What pisses me off is that they are working with a gazillion dollars worth of tools and a fat budget and all the damn producers want to do is make a soap opera out of it..

When there was a West Coast Choppers show, Jesse James actually showed you HOW to build a gas tank, stretch metal and make curves and domes out of flat sheet metal.. That show went away fast.. Piss on it.. I'd rather watch Bob Vila hit his thumb with a hammer.....  

PS. Boyd Cottington hasn't worked on a car in 30 years...
Also I watched the B/J auction the other day. Chip Foose cars went for about 4 times what the Boyd cars went for...

that last sentence says it all.  and you wonder why charlie left.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Brock Samson

I'm just watching to see, the Polara and how they do stuff,.. and what tools they got...
I was wondering when he went to show Max how drill out that spindle how he was gonna secure the part,   ??? and sure enuff,.. a moment later they had a major malfunction and folks nearly got blinded when the drill bit twisted the part all around in his hand and it snapped...
would any Pro be so foolish as to do that?.. no mention was made on camara anyway.. but all this other drama is highlighted.
  Did ya catch how the brake booster is being mounted behind the dash at a right angle?.. so the firewall can be "clean"?.. that's the stuff I wanna see, not Boyd with his brows all knitted...   >:(
I like this kid Max,.. he's a class act.   ;)

ChargerHound69

I was impressed by Max also.  The kid really wants to learn. 

I can not stand that they are doing all the shows the same not.  I gave up on American Chopper because it is too fake.  The other shows are just a spin off of them. 

I do like to see a Mopar being worked of though.

Brock Samson

I agree, the MOPARS are the reason i watch,..

I was watching the monster garage episode and i wonder that's with all the B.S. trying to pass those builds off as cheap,.. they say they have a $20,,000 budget ???
Is this to make the viewing public think they too can build one like that?..  :P

ChargerHound69

I would love to know how much Boyd puts in a car, and how much he makes on the car.

Brock Samson

it seems that on OCC american chopper, big companies are footing the bill cause it's free publicity for snap on or what ever i only remember the red sting ray on American hot rod being for a private party and the ugly mustang the guy did for his wife,.. more cash then brains in both cases,.. i see the vettes' still sittin there a yr later..
And those monster garage projects are thrown togeather crap that ain't no where near street legal, i wonder if they're crushed?..
what about Pimp My Ride and ain't there another one?.. who pays for that stuff the manufacturers?..

ChargerHound69

Monster Garage they cars just sit in the back from what it looks like.  They always show them taking parts off one of the old projects.

Steve P.

I surely agree about Max.. Though he reallllly does remind me of BlueBeer!!! Even has the falling down pants look!!

I also like the look of the flat fire wall, BUTTTTT,,,,, if you're going to go through all that, why not set the motor back another 6 inches and make a wheel stander out of it?? I COULD NOT cut out a fire wall just to make it flat.... It would be nice to get the master cylinder out of the way of those Hemi valve covers though!!  I would like to see them take it to the track when it's done like Monster GaRBAGE... 

I just reallllly think they should all be shows about fab work and test and tune.... :yesnod:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Brock Samson

did ya see that the entire master cyl. was chromed?.. and mounted sideways behind the dash?..   how long was that on?.   two seconds?..That's the kinda stuff I wanna know about, not the trip to raging waters and the drama that played out over five minutes...   :rotz:
I finally saw the swedish dude Tom, (no, not our Tom, he's Finnish anyway...)   do something besides piss everyone off... he tubbed the Polara's rear and went home to use the bathroom... WTF kind of a show is this anyway?..     :eyes:

Steve P.

I'll have to answer that question later. I have to go use the bathroom now...
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Charger4404spd

Quote from: Stratocharger on October 11, 2005, 07:16:14 PM
did ya see that the entire master cyl. was chromed?.. and mounted sideways behind the dash?..  how long was that on?.  two seconds?..That's the kinda stuff I wanna know about, not the trip to raging waters

Exactly Strat, I agree. Just like OverHaulin, these shows would be so much more interesting if not for the drama. Who gives a shit about the pranks!

Steve P.

The concept of steeling someones car and showing them freak out was what put the show on the air.. Now that everyone that is into cars has watched the show, who are they going to shock??

I would rather see Chip Foose show how to build, rebuild, fab and customize cars than waste time with dorky broads that don't have a clue and wanna be actors wearing fake teeth and a fake mustache........    Even Stacey from Trucks does some cutting and welding on his show and he is all about selling sponsored parts......

OK Drop Top. Time to start your show.......... :yesnod:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

BB1

I saw last night that Mike from Boyd's show, now works for Foose. Another one left the dark side.  :icon_smile_cool:
Delete my profile

Charger4404spd

Quote from: cudahob3 on October 12, 2005, 11:21:53 AM
I saw last night that Mike from Boyd's show, now works for Foose. Another one left the dark side.  :icon_smile_cool:

Yeah I noticed that also. The little brunette chick has been replaced too.

I would like to see a mini-series with Foose showing lots of fabrication, body work, etc. From start to finish. Now that would be a good show to watch.

dodgeboy67

well i must say its about damn time that foose and boyd are doing up some mopars....im really sick of seein fords and chevys.........

boyd seems to be a jackass to me too.........he expects too many miracles....which almost always appear to happen, but thats just not how to treat employees....but on the same note, boyd also does some kickass stuff for his employees too

but hes still a jackass....and i think that duane needs a good swift kick in the ass too

i think boyd knows that foose was better than him , thats why they dont work together anymore

just one more thing............then ill shut up......both boyd and foose are innovators of the industry, like barris.....but am i the only one who thinks they go a little too far sometimes???i mean , must they put 18"-22" wheels on everything?gimme a set  of magnums, or cragars, or keystones even..........and what was wrong with the bumpers where they were ?....does tucking  them look that much better?....i just dont see the point i guess

ok im done now.....thats just my opinion, but then,my opinion and a buck fifty will buy you a cup of coffee(unless you are at starbucks)

8WHEELER

Quote from: Stratocharger on October 11, 2005, 07:16:14 PM
I finally saw the swedish dude Tom, (no, not our Tom, he's Finnish anyway...)   do something besides piss everyone off... he tubbed the Polara's rear and went home to use the bathroom... WTF kind of a show is this anyway?..     :eyes:

Well you will be happy now the Swedish guy just said by by to Boyd next Foose guy   :callme:  moving on he says.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Brock Samson

that crappy british show Top Gear was just cancelled... Jeeeze I can't imagine why?..  :'( Did You Brits like that?..  ???

RD

watched the 3rd installment of the MAX HEMI.  thought it was cool that butthead duane got a hemi tattooed on his back with "MAXHEMI" below it.  the car looks beautiful.  a real nice and different car to come out of his shop.

did anyone see this and see the challenger sitting in the background?
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Brock Samson

i ain't seen the 3rd yet, so what happened?.. yeah i noticed the chally!  my MOPARIAN card is still up to date!  ;D

RD

well you can catch the rest of it right now, its on the discovery channel  :icon_smile:

JimShine

It was a good show. Helt bad for the kid as not only will he not have the car in the end, but he knows death is not too far away for him. They should have let him have the car until he died.