News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Boyds doin a Mopar................on now!

Started by Charger4404spd, October 03, 2005, 07:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger4404spd

Khyron

I bet they get close to the deadline, bitch about everything, boyde says some kind of incoherent speech, then someone gets fired, then it gets done.   :icon_smile_big:

*EDIT* thats a nice Polara.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

RD

who was the guy on this site who was supposed to go work for boyd?
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

69bananabeast

I dont think he was suppose to work for him , but meet him with a possible offer. It was DropTop
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

RD

watched it last night, couldn't believe that before they started in on the floor pans, they didnt even look if someone made them aftermarket.  What kind of cookie cutter operation they running?
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

4402tuff4u

RD, I had the same thought when I watched it last night. First prudent thing to do is to see what parts can can I buy to avoid fabrication. You think Boyds ex-wife was hot a one time?? :rotz:
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

BB1

Everyone left, who had a ounce of medal work skills. Looks more like a high school auto shop show of what not to do.  :P
Delete my profile

RD

41husk

Quote from: 4402tuff4u on October 04, 2005, 09:11:32 AM
RD, I had the same thought when I watched it last night. First prudent thing to do is to see what parts can can I buy to avoid fabrication. You think Boyds ex-wife was hot a one time?? :rotz:
No ! but he did trade up nicely :yesnod: I bet thats a fun place to work with your ugly ex wife and your attractive younger new wife.  One happy family :icon_smile_big:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

SirNik73

yeah, i watched the show. it looked kinda hack to me. like they did no research what so ever. and then when sho ever that forgin guy was, when he was tryign to take out the floor pan... he was bitching about not having sheet metal skills. what rock has he been under... my roomate came out and yelled at the TV "Maybe if you built cars insted of rolling Hot Tubs you have some freak'n 'sheet metal skills'" i'm sorry but its not that hard to work sheet metal, i have no training on how to work sheet metal, but when i've had to do it it never looked as hard as what that guy was doing. o well. i kinda wanna see how the car will come out when done.
1973 Charger SE
1973 Charger Parts car
1968 Couger... got this one for free! and it looks like it was free :)
1983 Toyota Tercel 4x4 Daily Driver
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300SD

Brock Samson

None of these shows ever have any problems with funding or hidden problems,Sure it's great they're doing that for The Kid, Max, (Who has great taste really) and the Make A Wish Foundation, but,...   give me a break. Let's all just go out and have ten to twenty guys go to work on our projects and an unlimited budget...   :flame: I find it really hard to respect a car or the owner who simply writes a check and looks in every week or two for an update... I'm calling it,..   B.S!    :rant:
  Boyd is such a dick he acts like no one knows anything about cars or work but his manicured ass... Lamer! What does he do anyway?..
what does that prick with the accent do?.. anyone know?  :confused:
  Nice to see the Magnum Force front suspension set up,( nice touch it was delivered in a Magnum R/T). and did ya notice they simply dropped the crate Hemi in. ain't they notorious for having Major manufacturing defects?..  :shruggy:
  I dunno those shows are mostly soap operas for teenage car sketchers if ya ask me...
  This has the look of a throwaway project, i wonder if the camera wasn't on them if they'd take such pains to do it right.

SirNik73

If the camera wasn't on them i don't see Boyd wasting space in his shop for a charity car.... he seems ruthless when it comes to business.
unless its part of his comunity service for that title fraud he got caught committing.
1973 Charger SE
1973 Charger Parts car
1968 Couger... got this one for free! and it looks like it was free :)
1983 Toyota Tercel 4x4 Daily Driver
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300SD

Ponch ®

Quote from: SirNik73 on October 04, 2005, 01:05:08 PM

unless its part of his comunity service for that title fraud he got caught committing.

:haha:
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Old Moparz

I hardly ever watch any of the car related shows except for when I flip channels. I'll stop to see what they're working on, but never follow the drama. I did see 5 minutes of this one, from when the crate hemi sat in the tupperware container, up to when the 2 guys told Boyd they were going on vacation.

I couldn't handle the excitement, so I watched some bugs on the animal planet channel with my kid.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Khyron

Quote from: Old Moparz on October 04, 2005, 01:38:33 PM
I couldn't handle the excitement, so I watched some bugs on the animal planet channel with my kid.

Animal Planet rocks!  :METAL:

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Old Moparz

Quote from: Khyron on October 04, 2005, 01:54:03 PM

Animal Planet rocks!   :METAL:

I'd rather watch it over 99% of everything else on the boob tube. There's almost nothing with an original idea anymore.  ::)
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

RD

i remember watching it last night in reference to the boyd crew laying out some bs as far as when the hemi motor was going to arrive.   It was like such a big stressful thing.   Then I saw the very next scene after them complaining and the hemi was mated up to a 727 lying on the ground.   I guess they forgot to edit out the part where the motor was on the ground, because 10 min later they state that the motor just arrived and now they could do a mock up.

:icon_bs:

Khyron

to sum up this thread to those comming in late...

Boyd sucks  and is a little bitch that doesn't like to get his hands dirty  :P

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

derailed

much more intelligence on that channel

RD

i just got done watchin a rerun of american hot rod, ya know where charlie left.  is it me, but did it seem like Jo (boyd's new wife) and charlie had something going on?  she was crying when he left and they went into charlie's office and sobbed together.  FACTS:  2 years livin with boyd and her, charlie is a young man, boyd is old, jo is hot, charlie is away from his wife,.... sounds pretty fishy.   no wonder boyd told him not to come back hehehehe

PocketThunder

Quote from: RD on October 05, 2005, 12:24:58 PM
i just got done watchin a rerun of american hot rod, ya know where charlie left.   is it me, but did it seem like Jo (boyd's new wife) and charlie had something going on?   she was crying when he left and they went into charlie's office and sobbed together.   FACTS:   2 years livin with boyd and her, charlie is a young man, boyd is old, jo is hot, charlie is away from his wife,.... sounds pretty fishy.     no wonder boyd told him not to come back hehehehe

are you saying that he was dipping his pen in company ink?

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

andy74

fuck boyd,didnt he file bankruptcy and screw a whole lot of people a few years back?all i can see about him is his fat whiny ass,trying to cash in on other peoples work and take the credit.what a mega tool

boyd does anything,i get out this

RD

Quote from: PocketThunder on October 05, 2005, 05:41:13 PM
Quote from: RD on October 05, 2005, 12:24:58 PM
i just got done watchin a rerun of american hot rod, ya know where charlie left.   is it me, but did it seem like Jo (boyd's new wife) and charlie had something going on?   she was crying when he left and they went into charlie's office and sobbed together.   FACTS:   2 years livin with boyd and her, charlie is a young man, boyd is old, jo is hot, charlie is away from his wife,.... sounds pretty fishy.     no wonder boyd told him not to come back hehehehe

are you saying that he was dipping his pen in company ink?

[bugs bunny] mmmmmmmm..... could be [/bugs bunny]

bad1032

next episode of Boyd yellin, discovery channel