News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 dodge charger 500 with 440 motor on AZ craigslist

Started by petercharger, February 09, 2008, 03:34:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

runninhorn

Quote from: xs29j8Bullitt on February 19, 2008, 07:21:46 PM
Quote from: runninhorn on February 19, 2008, 06:05:33 PM
sure thing learical. Im debating on driving out to get it or not. $900 white glove enclosed transport Tempe to Dallas door to door...

Another Aero Car is coming to the Metroplex!  :cheers: Congrats!  :2thumbs:

Allen

yep! Coppell to be exact!

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: runninhorn on February 19, 2008, 07:22:17 PM
sure thing learical. Im debating on driving out to get it or not. $900 white glove enclosed transport Tempe to Dallas door to door...

Allen

I'm near Alliance...
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

69_500

I'll need a more exact location Allen so that one of these days when your not paying attention I can come down and "borrow" the Daytona.  :nana:

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: 69_500 on February 19, 2008, 07:43:00 PM
I'll need a more exact location Allen so that one of these days when your not paying attention I can come down and "borrow" the Daytona.  :nana:

As hard as it to move with the cobbled together front suspension, that would be quite a chore!  :eek2:
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

hemi68charger

Allen

Well well well... Look at that Avatar...  :icon_smile_big:    Also, knew I liked you for another reason... From your AIM, you're a longhorn? I'm from the class of '97....  A little late start in life for me and college.....  :o

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

runninhorn

Quote from: hemi68charger on February 19, 2008, 09:06:31 PM

Allen

Well well well... Look at that Avatar...  :icon_smile_big:    Also, knew I liked you for another reason... From your AIM, you're a longhorn? I'm from the class of '97....  A little late start in life for me and college.....  :o

Troy

hey! Texas Ex, class of '02! Hook 'Em!

runninhorn

Hmmm owner informed me he only has a bill of sale. The title still shows the previous owner in new york state from 1981. How is my bank going to look at this? What does the owner need to do?

hemi68charger

Quote from: runninhorn on February 20, 2008, 12:40:27 PM
Hmmm owner informed me he only has a bill of sale. The title still shows the previous owner in new york state from 1981. How is my bank going to look at this? What does the owner need to do?

Not 100% sure, but if it's a clear titled and signed by the previous owner, it should be ok.... Anyone?  Allen?
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

The70RT

I would sure like to have a title. It had one to begain with so where did it go?
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

hemigeno

Would you get hit with a "failure to title/register" penalty?  The cleanest way to do it would be to require the seller to obtain a clear title in his name, and then transfer that title to you at the time of sale.  That would delay the works for a while waiting on those fine, efficient folks at the state DMV (they're all the same, I'm sure  :smilielol: ) to get the title back to the seller. 

:shruggy:

The70RT

You should be able to go back and do a title search and see who had it in their name last. If I was spending that kinda money I would want a title for my sake and legality's that could arise. If nothing else contact the party that had it before the seller did and see what he has to say  :Twocents:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

hemigeno

I'm assuming from this comment that the owner still has the actual title in his possession and he just never re-titled it in his name?

hemi68charger

Are you getting a Bill of Sale with current owners name and signature on it AND the title to the car, only having the previous owner's name and it signed by him?  Does the State car who you bought it from as long as the title is clear and is signed in the "sellers" box by the title's listed owner?

Troy
Troy

moparchris

Hey Runninhorn.  Congrats on purchasing my brothers car.  I tried to stay far away from these posts as I didn't want to get caught up in the deal.  My brother didn't even tell me about this, but I guess that's a story for another day.  I was with him when he purchased it and we used my trailer to bring it home.  The car runs fine to get on a trailer and with a weekends worth of work you should be driving it.  From what I noticed driving it it should only need brake work mostly and then normal items on a car that's basically just been sitting.  I have one favor to ask you since you have bought the car.
I never even had a chance to check for the broadcast sheet.  Since my C500 also has a green interior I was hoping against hope that maybe my broadcast sheet would be in his interior.  Do I have your permission to look before the car goes away.  I will only touch mine if it is there.  If it is not I will not touch anything that does not pertain to my car.
As for the title situation.  He has a signed title from the person he bouhgt it from, he just never put it in his name.  It has a clean signed Wisc. title that you should be able to present to the MVD in your state.

hemi68charger

Quote from: moparchris on February 20, 2008, 02:16:28 PM
Hey Runninhorn.  Congrats on purchasing my brothers car.  I tried to stay far away from these posts as I didn't want to get caught up in the deal.  My brother didn't even tell me about this, but I guess that's a story for another day.  I was with him when he purchased it and we used my trailer to bring it home.  The car runs fine to get on a trailer and with a weekends worth of work you should be driving it.  From what I noticed driving it it should only need brake work mostly and then normal items on a car that's basically just been sitting.  I have one favor to ask you since you have bought the car.
I never even had a chance to check for the broadcast sheet.  Since my C500 also has a green interior I was hoping against hope that maybe my broadcast sheet would be in his interior.  Do I have your permission to look before the car goes away.  I will only touch mine if it is there.  If it is not I will not touch anything that does not pertain to my car.
As for the title situation.  He has a signed title from the person he bouhgt it from, he just never put it in his name.  It has a clean signed Wisc. title that you should be able to present to the MVD in your state.

Wow Chris,,, an Aero-family.............  :2thumbs:   Well, one down...........................
Troy

runninhorn

Quote from: The70RT on February 20, 2008, 01:32:14 PM

I would sure like to have a title. It had one to begain with so where did it go?

it has a title, just was never transfered to Mr. Perry back in 1981.

runninhorn

Quote from: hemigeno on February 20, 2008, 01:55:01 PM

I'm assuming from this comment that the owner still has the actual title in his possession and he just never re-titled it in his name?

thats exactly what it is. Mr Perry said since he wasnt planning on driving it much (wanted to restore it some more) he never got around to transfering the title into his name there in Arizona.

runninhorn

Quote from: moparchris on February 20, 2008, 02:16:28 PM

Yes you have permission! Im so stoked a family member is a member here as well!!!

Tell him im traveling today and tomorrow but will check my voicemail regularly. BJ the appraiser is meeting him today at 1:30 to do the thorough appraisal.

runninhorn

Chris, i apologize if I got the story wrong, I wasnt writing it down when he was talking to me so it appears it was Wisconsin, not New York.

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

69_500

So Chris, did you HEMI 500 have a broadcast sheet in it at all? Or just one to the wrong car?

Just 6T9 CHGR

Wow!  How did I miss this saga?  I knew something was going down when this baby got to be 5 pages long!  damn I love those hood callouts :thumbs:

Congrats runninhorn!  Please take the time to register your new ride as well :cheers:

Chris
www.1969chargerregistry.com
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

runninhorn

just an update for Thursday--

Appraiser went and appraised the car for my bank/lender and it passed flawlessly with ease. My lender called this morning and said that the current owner has to put it in his name (the title) since they will only issue funds to the person listed on the title. So ive asked the owner to please start the process to get it put in his name and that id help in any expenses he incurred if needed so we can get this wrapped up. So it appears I cant get it this weekend, but next. Oh well, Im about to hop a plane, my best friend of 20 years was just hit by a driver not paying attention on his motorcycle and is in ICU on life support. Any of you members out there that ride, PLEASE wear a helmet!

68RT4ME

First off, Let me say how sorry I am about whats happened to your friend and I hope all goes well and he's on the fast track to a full recovery. I love motorcycles but gave'em up a few years back due to how dangerous it is out there. Next, I want to congratulate you on what has to be an awesome find for you. I know you and I PM'd each other on my car and I'm very happy you found what you really wanted.

Funny thing is, Troy (the other one) asked me if I had seen this thread about the 500. I checked out the early postings and thought it was a scam, I didn't believe someone would be selling a 500 for 45k. BOY WAS I WRONG  :errr:  I would have loved to have a 500. Still, I'm thrilled with my '69 and it's in resto now. Goes to show it was meant for you.

Best of luck with your new ride you lucky dog you.... :2thumbs:
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

69bronzeT5

Sweet man! Congrats! I've been watching your hunt for a car and its cool that you got one! :2thumbs:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic