News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

When is the last time you saw a 66-74 Charger "in the wild?"

Started by bull, April 12, 2006, 01:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

They do, it gives your car a very "all business" look with the black.

ACUDANUT

fy469rtse

Quote from: moparnation74 on August 25, 2014, 06:20:44 PM
Quote from: ACUDANUT on August 25, 2014, 01:28:49 PM
Very nice car, But why hubcaps ?
Came with steelies and caps from the factory.  Plus, they look awesome!
Ghoste needs some tips on how to look after black paint, you obviously have this down pat , gorgeous car, i love the caps  :2thumbs:

Ghoste

For sure.  (mine was like that when I got it but I keep driving it everywhere getting highway crap all over it  :lol: )

nvrbdn

anyone know this beauty??? seen at Chuck A Burger in st. louis.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

TruckDriver

Saw this '68 today at work in Waukesha, Wi.  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

VegasCharger

I was digging it until I saw the last pic of the interior. Don't get me wrong I would love to own this Charger :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

Out goes the gawdy tach, the below dash gauges, switch the pistol grip for the OEM chrome shift knob, put in the OEM seats and put in an OEM radio/radio face plate.

Thanks for posting :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Ghoste

Right there with you Vegas.  To each their own is one of the great things about the hobby but I'd do the same.

don duick

6spd68

While out for a bike ride on Saturday, I came across an orange 1970 numbers matching 440/6PK/4spd R/T car.  The gentleman who owned it was nice, and we had a quick convo.

Didn't take any pictures, as I'm not the picture type.  A truely Beautiful machine though.
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

moparnation74

Quote from: 6spd68 on October 27, 2014, 09:46:38 AM
While out for a bike ride on Saturday, I came across an orange 1970 numbers matching 440/6PK/4spd R/T car.  The gentleman who owned it was nice, and we had a quick convo.

Didn't take any pictures, as I'm not the picture type.  A truely Beautiful machine though.
TEASE!

6spd68

Quote from: moparnation74 on October 27, 2014, 10:39:25 AM

TEASE!

LOL!!!  As an owner of our cars; how many mouth breathers do you get running up to you just ready to ramble unintelligibly about cars?  I've always taken this into consideration when approaching others; especially classic car owners.  Earlier this summer, I can recall being called out of my friends house twice to talk with randoms about my Cutlass (I can only imagine how bad it will be once the Charger is done).  That being said, I wasn't going to be another one of 'those guys', while in the presence of one of us(2nd Gen owners)...

The picture thing, well, as I said; just not the picture type.  The memory of seeing, hearing, and watching it cruise by as he headed on his way were more then enough to last me.  I find you build more genuine memories this way as well.   :2thumbs:
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

Homerr

Quote from: 6spd68 on October 27, 2014, 11:38:19 AM
Quote from: moparnation74 on October 27, 2014, 10:39:25 AM

TEASE!

LOL!!!  As an owner of our cars; how many mouth breathers do you get running up to you just ready to ramble unintelligibly about cars?  I've always taken this into consideration when approaching others; especially classic car owners.  Earlier this summer, I can recall being called out of my friends house twice to talk with randoms about my Cutlass (I can only imagine how bad it will be once the Charger is done).  That being said, I wasn't going to be another one of 'those guys', while in the presence of one of us(2nd Gen owners)...

The picture thing, well, as I said; just not the picture type.  The memory of seeing, hearing, and watching it cruise by as he headed on his way were more then enough to last me.  I find you build more genuine memories this way as well.   :2thumbs:

You're still a little short on the 1000 words so the rest of us can enjoy it.    :icon_smile_wink:

VegasCharger

nvrbdn

it was tonight. cruising from dinner out with the wife and there they were. sitting in a parking lot. there was a small Friday night cruise with a dozen cars and 2 were chargers. heck yea. one second gen, and one third gen. awesome cars. take a look.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Chris 69

Saw this one yesterday. Real R/T, running, driving project. Looked solid.

In Redding, CA

Chris 69

Awesome to see another '68 out 'n about!! :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA:

Ghoste

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Chris 69

Saw this 1971 Charger in Grenada, CA yesterday. VIN stated 318-2bbl.

Chris 69

Chris 69

Ghoste

303 Mopar

1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible