News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

When is the last time you saw a 66-74 Charger "in the wild?"

Started by bull, April 12, 2006, 01:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chargerrtforme

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on August 11, 2010, 05:38:20 AM
Quote from: bull on August 10, 2010, 04:08:48 PM
Quote from: Chargerrtforme on August 10, 2010, 12:58:17 PM
Just saw a mint bright red Daytona with a white stripe fly by me on a trailer. Niccccccccccee.

Sounds like Dane's old one. Where was it?
I saw it too!!  1pm on I 95 in west haven/New haven Ct. Heading North bound.
Ah yep.  :2thumbs: I'll pm you.

UH60L

Well, until my '69 went in the body shop in february of '08, I drove it to work every day in Salem Oregon.  I even used it to get groceries, gotta love the trunk space.  What is that about an 8 body trunk, hehe?

One day at lunch I noticed they had a NASCAR DeWalt car at Salem Tool, so I whipped in and got a pic of my car sitting next to it.

And of course, I see Dane driving his yellow and white clone Daytona around quite a bit.  Saw him on hwy 22 merging onto I-5 about a week ago.

C_stripes

Wile I was out driving my wagon the other day, I saw this guy running around. I didn't get a chance to take a photo then, but thought it was pretty cool to see another green B-body running around. By chance today, I was cruising and happened to see it in a parking lot, so ofcourse I grabbed a shot.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

The70RT

This is one someone has stored at our school auto shop where I work.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: The70RT on August 14, 2010, 02:24:03 PM
This is one someone has stored at our school auto shop where I work.
wow, nice.

I saw this one today.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

nvrbdn

there are 3 2nd gen and 2 3rd gen in my neighborhood. plus a 73 cuda, 71 challenger and a 69 roadrunner.also have 5 muscle car lots within an hour from the house, so we see old mopars fairly often.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

grdprx

Quote from: nvrbdn on August 19, 2010, 06:41:12 PM
there are 3 2nd gen and 2 3rd gen in my neighborhood. plus a 73 cuda, 71 challenger and a 69 roadrunner.also have 5 muscle car lots within an hour from the house, so we see old mopars fairly often.

Got pictures of said Mopars?

nvrbdn

i was gona run around the neighborhood and shoot some of these cars after work today, but its raining. so in the morning ill go shoot a few and post em!!
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

RangerDan440

this rough looking 74 SE was parked near my office all day; VIN says its a 400-2 car.  It looks like the guy is actually working on it

and my 69 at work.  One of these cars is not like the others

69 Charger
71 Road Runner
71 Satellite sedan
73 Duster
10 Challenger R/T

grdprx

Came across a 3rd gen Sunday, the guy looked at me weird, for snapping a pic..  :rofl:

doctor4766

When is the last time I saw a 66-74 Charger "in the wild?"
Well only last Sunday as a matter of fact....
Took a cruise up the coast with a few Mopar buddies

Gotta love a '69

grdprx

Found this 69 today, I guess you could say it was caged!

69bronzeT5

That was on the Seattle Craigslist not too long ago.....
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

grdprx

Well, it's heading south on I-5.  I was in Tukwila at the time.

Brock Samson

These were at a local cruise.

grdprx

TheGhost

Been working across the street from this 69 for the past couple of days:
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

grdprx

Quote from: TheGhost on September 09, 2010, 08:27:28 PM
Been working across the street from this 69 for the past couple of days:

Introduce yourself?   :icon_smile_big:

TheGhost

Been tempted to.  I've known where this car was for a couple years now, just never really stopped by.  Might have to try to knock on the door during lunchbreak next week.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

G-man

Few weeks back (maybe a month-2 ago) I saw on Old Windsor Rd In sydney a Green 68 Charger. For a second though I think it may have been a 69 with a 68 grill. Anyone on here own that caR?

Was pretty nice.

TruckDriver

Today at work in Horicon, Wi. on Mill street (across from John Deere). Looks like a survivor with a older re-paint (dark blue metallic). Didn't see any rust or bubbles. But then again, it was a fast look over. There were no offers on the seat.

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

grdprx

A buddy of mine sent me these, saw it at a truck stop in PHX

doctor4766

Is it just the angle in the first two pics or is the top deck sitting on the front of that 70?
Gotta love a '69

grdprx

Quote from: doctor4766 on September 13, 2010, 03:44:31 AM
Is it just the angle in the first two pics or is the top deck sitting on the front of that 70?

It has to be the angle...  I can't see it touching, very close though!  Too close for my comfort, if it was my car.

BigBlackDodge

Looks like they also took some air out of the front tires too for clearance.

BBD