News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

When is the last time you saw a 66-74 Charger "in the wild?"

Started by bull, April 12, 2006, 01:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

Quote from: grdprx on February 19, 2011, 12:48:16 PM
Quote from: bull on February 19, 2011, 01:48:03 AM
Jeez, I'm losing it lately. I need some sunshine and 80-degrees.

Will sun and 50 work?  Got it today!

It definitely doesn't hurt. :2thumbs: But I'm wondering about next week with the snow predictions.

grdprx

Quote from: 68blue on February 19, 2011, 02:10:54 PM
Saw a green metallic 68 with a black vinyl top leaving the Golden Corral in Bedford Indiana today just after passing a red 68 Coronet on the way into town. There must be some local mopar folks here getting out in the sunshine. Maybe this summer I can join them. :icon_smile_cool:

Close to Indianpolis?  I'll be out that way in April, probably too early to spot any Mopars on the road when I'm out there though...

charger01

I guess this doesnt really count, but I was driving through town today and saw a semi flat bed full of old crushed cars.  One of them was a 69 charger.  Wish I knew where they came from. :'(

grdprx

Quote from: charger01 on February 20, 2011, 12:15:02 AM
I guess this doesnt really count, but I was driving through town today and saw a semi flat bed full of old crushed cars.  One of them was a 69 charger.  Wish I knew where they came from. :'(

OUCH!!  Damn poachers!   :flame:  :flame:

68blue

Quote from: grdprx on February 19, 2011, 09:12:48 PM
Quote from: 68blue on February 19, 2011, 02:10:54 PM
Saw a green metallic 68 with a black vinyl top leaving the Golden Corral in Bedford Indiana today just after passing a red 68 Coronet on the way into town. There must be some local mopar folks here getting out in the sunshine. Maybe this summer I can join them. :icon_smile_cool:

Close to Indianpolis?  I'll be out that way in April, probably too early to spot any Mopars on the road when I'm out there though...

Bedford is about two hours south on 37. I'm new to the area, first Charger I've seen.

djcarguy

THERE IS A GREAT MOPAR SHOW AT THE     GRAHAM FAIR GROUNDS,LIKE 100 PLUS CARS AND SMALL SWAP AREA..GRAHAM WASHINGTON    NEAR PUALLUP AND TACOMA..YEA ITS SPELLED BADLY,BUT STILL A GOOD SHOW..I LIVE IN OREGON BUT SPEND LOTS OF TIME UP IN GRAHAM WITH FAMILY..

grdprx

Saw me a Green 3rd gen on I5 southbound going into Tacoma, WA this eveing!  Couldn't figure out what year, cuz it was dark...  :nana:

My 68 was running wild in the neigborhood in Kent today also!  Going to tame her down a bit; get some exhaust put on Monday.  Right now I have 2' of pipe off the manifolds!

Hey DJ, I've been to Sunbust in Graham like 3 times, it's pretty awesome!

bull

You guys need to start packing your cameras around :slap:d.

grdprx

Quote from: bull on February 26, 2011, 01:09:10 AM
You guys need to start packing your cameras around :slap:d.

Hey, It was dark and I was by myself!  Almost swerved into him when I saw him, I was making a lane change...  Here's a pic of my Wild One!   :smilielol:

bull

My brother spotted this '69, today I think. I'm sure it hasn't moved in 20 years. If/when I get the address I'll have to take $3k over and see what happens.

69bronzeT5

Good find! Looks like it's got the rocker trim.....love that option!
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Brock Samson

looks complete and to have the hood paint, V. top trim and tall bumper guards.. Poss. an SE?..

HOTROD

What the Hell-Dumass !

bull

Quote from: HOTROD on March 18, 2011, 10:17:32 PM
Looks like Oregon plates on the 76 Monte Carlo  :shruggy:!

Yes, the picture was taken in Clackamas.

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

charger490

was out today on the back roads and found this charger but they had a bad dog there so i did not get out of truck. will go back agian when they are home

grdprx

Quote from: charger490 on March 19, 2011, 03:14:09 PM
was out today on the back roads and found this charger but they had a bad dog there so i did not get out of truck. will go back agian when they are home

Was the dog in the car?!  The right side door is open!   :brickwall:

MoparManJim

Quote from: grdprx on March 19, 2011, 06:30:29 PM

Hey, you for got, the hood is up also.  :nana: :lol:

grdprx

Quote from: MoparManJim on March 19, 2011, 06:31:36 PM
Quote from: grdprx on March 19, 2011, 06:30:29 PM

Hey, you for got, the hood is up also.  :nana: :lol:

Maybe the dog is trying to get it running, and it's a right hand drive!   :coolgleamA:

472 R/T SE

Quote from: djcarguy on February 20, 2011, 11:31:53 AM
     THERE IS A GREAT MOPAR SHOW AT THE     GRAHAM FAIR GROUNDS,LIKE 100 PLUS CARS AND SMALL SWAP AREA..GRAHAM WASHINGTON    NEAR PUALLUP AND TACOMA..YEA ITS SPELLED BADLY,BUT STILL A GOOD SHOW..I LIVE IN OREGON BUT SPEND LOTS OF TIME UP IN GRAHAM WITH FAMILY..

Sunbust, Tacoma, Wa. Mopars Unlimited

A little over 300 rides a year the past decade or so.  For a while it was the NW's best all Mopar show.  Now that Seattle has stabilized their location & the swap meet is back I'd say the Spring Round Up, Seattle, Wa. Mopars Unlimited is again the best in the NW.:Twocents::Twocents:

It's got winter tires out back.  Aaaa, those were the days.

HeavyFuel

Quote from: Drache on November 02, 2010, 09:31:06 PM
Driving down the road a couple years ago and spotted this guy. Not easy taking pictures, driving, and trying to keep up....

1OF ONE! Anyone here belong to said car? :D

I love the shots in traffic, the look of that baby is just killer. :2thumbs:  Look at all the stuff around it.....junk.

TK73

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on March 19, 2011, 11:38:21 PM
Quote from: djcarguy on February 20, 2011, 11:31:53 AM
Sunbust, Tacoma, Wa. Mopars Unlimited

A little over 300 rides a year the past decade or so.  For a while it was the NW's best all Mopar show.  Now that Seattle has stabilized their location & the swap meet is back I'd say the Spring Round Up, Seattle, Wa. Mopars Unlimited is again the best in the NW.:Twocents::Twocents:

Seattle pulled over 300 one of those years in Carnation...

Seattle Mopar show at the beginning of the season and Graham at the end.
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

grdprx

So, I'm in Indianapolis for a few days, attending a wedding tomorrow.  Went out this earlier this afternoon, heading to the store, southeast of downtown.  And I saw a Red 1970 Charger driving down the road!  SWEET!!!   :drool5:  My wife wouldn't let me pull a U-turn, used the "stalker" word again.. I prefer passionate!  She reminded me how many times I drove past this 68 I saw in Hawaii.  It was pretty awesome though.  Then we went by Indianapolis Motor Speedway, and the Richard Petty Motor experience was there.  Had no idea.  So I did a ride along, pretty amazing.

69 Bama R/T

Here's a few Charger pic.The yellow one is a 72 rallye 340 4speed.