News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

The new BK extra value menu . 50k and you get a car completely made of bondo  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: sorry I just could not resist  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

jb666

Quote from: moparstuart on January 24, 2009, 06:40:27 PM
The new BK extra value menu . 50k and you get a car completely made of bondo  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: sorry I just could not resist  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Man that is a RIOT!!!!!!! But , where'd you get a chunk of my car?  :lol:

mikepmcs

I made a quick detour to Kansas on my way home. It must have fallen into my pocket when those sparks from the starter scared the crap out of me.

It was very nice to meet you as well Jeff. That car is going to be a killer.  I was glad I could provide some documentation for you regarding your car situation and hopefully it will assist in your journey.  Anything I can do please don't hesitate to ask. 
I have seen the car folks and touched it and looked it over quite carefully when Jeff was busy speaking with the other member.  I wil not focus at all on any negatives whatsoever unless Jeff needs me to.  He's got it all covered and everything he said is right on. 
I will say this though, Jeff, if you need me to go back there and do court duty, let me know please. 

The work on the car that has been performed so far is nothing short of amazing.  I say this for 2 reasons, this has been there since November is it????,,,, and it has never stopped advancing toward the day it hits the road.  BZ to Jon the owner for his efforts considering his workload, this man doesn't appear to have any down time.
Secondly, he knows his stuff, great work going on is all I can say.

Oh yeah, that white ford thing in there was alright I guess.   :o

Talk soon
Mike   
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

hemi-hampton

I think his one statement explains it all, where he say's you need to look at the body over anything. To me this means he only concentrated on making the outside look nice & the hell with everything else. Put a nice shiny paint job on a POS & it fools 9 out of 10. Like I said on my first comment on this 60 pages back. Nothing more then Perfume on a Pig. This Technique works which is why they continue to do it. Working 9 out of 10 are good odds for them.  :Twocents: :shruggy: :slap: LEON.

jb666

Quote from: mikepmcs on January 24, 2009, 06:57:58 PM
I made a quick detour to Kansas on my way home. It must have fallen into my pocket when those sparks from the starter scared the crap out of me.

It was very nice to meet you as well Jeff. That car is going to be a killer.  I was glad I could provide some documentation for you regarding your car situation and hopefully it will assist in your journey.  Anything I can do please don't hesitate to ask. 
I have seen the car folks and touched it and looked it over quite carefully when Jeff was busy speaking with the other member.  I wil not focus at all on any negatives whatsoever unless Jeff needs me to.  He's got it all covered and everything he said is right on. 
I will say this though, Jeff, if you need me to go back there and do court duty, let me know please. 

The work on the car that has been performed so far is nothing short of amazing.  I say this for 2 reasons, this has been there since November is it????,,,, and it has never stopped advancing toward the day it hits the road.  BZ to Jon the owner for his efforts considering his workload, this man doesn't appear to have any down time.
Secondly, he knows his stuff, great work going on is all I can say.

Oh yeah, that white ford thing in there was alright I guess.   :o

Talk soon
Mike   

Thanks Mike!! I really appreciate the support, and I will be calling you (for other things) I'm sure!! I'm glad you had the chance to go see the car in person.. At least now there's some support for certain issues that I haven't posted pictures of here (yet).  I'll let you know the results of the VIN research that will yield some VERY interesting results, I'm sure.

Quote from: hemi-hampton on January 24, 2009, 07:10:37 PM
I think his one statement explains it all, where he say's you need to look at the body over anything. To me this means he only concentrated on making the outside look nice & the hell with everything else. Put a nice shiny paint job on a POS & it fools 9 out of 10. Like I said on my first comment on this 60 pages back. Nothing more then Perfume on a Pig. This Technique works which is why they continue to do it. Working 9 out of 10 are good odds for them.  :Twocents: :shruggy: :slap: LEON.

I remember you saying that, Leon, and you were right. The night I brought my car into Jon he labeled it a "whore in a nice dress" which i about the same as what you're saying too.. The car, as you saw, was straight and shiny.. Who cares what's under that dress,right??  Hopefully some day Thomas finds the woman of his dreams and it turns out to be a tranny (Pre-op of course)  :nana:

Just so we can put a face to the name, Thomas is the 3rd from the left...

and another:

skip68

I find it funny that BK states they have built cars for museums,  :scratchchin: and have said they built cars for a "certain" Auto Museum..... :scratchchin:   It's funny because when I called this morning and spoke with the owner of this "certain" Auto museum, he said that he has never heard of BK Automotive.   :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:  I'm 3 for 3 so far and going for 4 monday.  :smilielol:   This is going to start getting really fun.   :icon_smile_big:     
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

jb666

Quote from: skip68 on January 24, 2009, 07:51:06 PM
I find it funny that BK states they have built cars for museums,  :scratchchin: and have said they built cars for a "certain" Auto Museum..... :scratchchin:   It's funny because when I called this morning and spoke with the owner of this "certain" Auto museum, he said that he has never heard of BK Automotive.   :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:  I'm 3 for 3 so far and going for 4 monday.  :smilielol:   This is going to start getting really fun.   :icon_smile_big:     

And this SURPRISES you? So far we've proven all of BK's stories to be TOTAL BS.

:eek2: They've got bigger (legal) problems though.. I would not want to be them in 2009.

mikepmcs

Jeff, Please PM me your address and I'll send/ship you the other item that we talked about.
:cheers:
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

hemi-hampton

Looks like the Munsters Caskett Dragster Grandpa Drove. Isn't that a George Barris Creation. I like it :2thumbs: LEON.

hemi-hampton

WingCharger

Quote from: hemi-hampton on January 24, 2009, 10:30:52 PM
Everybody here is very familiar with HLPAG :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:
One of these days, HLPAG is going to screw over the wrong person. :Twocents:

General_01

All I know is BK is rueing the day that Jeff bought a car built by them and brought it to Chucks attention. These two have made and are gonna make life a bit miserable for this company. I have thought at times that Chuck was being a little over-zealous, but I still want to commend him for putting in his personal time to make life miserable for this company. And Jeff should get a medal of some sort for everything he has had to go through just for wanting to buy his dream car.

Beers on me if we ever meet guys. :cheers: :cheers:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

BlueSS454

OK, I sat and read all 67 pages of this between last night and tonight.  All I can say is what is this guy smoking  :RantExplode: :RantExplode:.  What an absolute ASSHAT.  Butcher is too nice of a term here.  I have never in my life seen a car this destroyed.  The previous owner...this Brian guy....must must be a total f'ing moron to have spent 70 grand on building a turd like this and not ever question what was being done.  Just kept writing checks for thousands of $$ at a crack...gimme a break...no one is that stupid :brickwall:.
I built my General for the cost of parts which is in the $20,000 range.  I did ALL the work on the car, nothing was farmed out.  That includes metal, all the chassis parts, complete new brake system, rear axle rebuild, interior pieces, and a TON of random parts the car was missing because I bought it disassembled.  If you add in the labor time I have (about 500 hours) and figure a shop rate of $45/per hour which is the norm around here, and it comes up to $25,000 give or take and it ends up being in the $45,000 range and my car is built right.  That's with the Hemi out of the picture.  No half ass welds (that's also too nice of a term for what I have seen). no inch of mud, no missing bolts, everything works like it should.  I hope this friggin guy gets what's coming to him.....scumbag.
Tom Rightler

skip68

:cheers:  I'll take that beer General_01.   :cheers:  Thank you sir and hang in there with us as I have a feeling that something is about to unfold  :2thumbs:  I know how it must look at times and when I'm done I'll share everything to all.   :yesnod:  :icon_smile_big:     Chuck................
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

jb666

Quote from: General_01 on January 24, 2009, 11:20:16 PM
All I know is BK is rueing the day that Jeff bought a car built by them and brought it to Chucks attention. These two have made and are gonna make life a bit miserable for this company. I have thought at times that Chuck was being a little over-zealous, but I still want to commend him for putting in his personal time to make life miserable for this company. And Jeff should get a medal of some sort for everything he has had to go through just for wanting to buy his dream car.

Thank you!! Let me say this -- Chuck is an incredible guy that goes WAY beyond the call of duty for others. I could only hope to some day be as generous with my time and resources.  :cheers:

Quote from: BlueSS454 on January 25, 2009, 02:03:13 AM
OK, I sat and read all 67 pages of this between last night and tonight.  All I can say is what is this guy smoking  :RantExplode: :RantExplode:.  What an absolute ASSHAT.  Butcher is too nice of a term here.  I have never in my life seen a car this destroyed.  The previous owner...this Brian guy....must must be a total f'ing moron to have spent 70 grand on building a turd like this and not ever question what was being done.  Just kept writing checks for thousands of $$ at a crack...gimme a break...no one is that stupid :brickwall:.
I built my General for the cost of parts which is in the $20,000 range.  I did ALL the work on the car, nothing was farmed out.  That includes metal, all the chassis parts, complete new brake system, rear axle rebuild, interior pieces, and a TON of random parts the car was missing because I bought it disassembled.  If you add in the labor time I have (about 500 hours) and figure a shop rate of $45/per hour which is the norm around here, and it comes up to $25,000 give or take and it ends up being in the $45,000 range and my car is built right.  That's with the Hemi out of the picture.  No half ass welds (that's also too nice of a term for what I have seen). no inch of mud, no missing bolts, everything works like it should.  I hope this friggin guy gets what's coming to him.....scumbag.

I have to give you credit here, I don't know if I could sit and plow through 67+ pages of a thread to get all the details.. Kudos!! This car was a HUGE mess.. one I would feel bad about reading if it was someone else's headache. If it wasn't for this forum and the friends I've made I probably would be going insane right now (well, MORE insane...).

Quote from: hemi-hampton on January 24, 2009, 10:30:52 PM
Everybody here is very familiar with HLPAG :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

You are SO RIGHT, there.. And now the world wide web will be very familiar with BK, as will the show circuit this summer.. I have a very big mouth and will not hesitate to bring my new display in the bed of my truck along with an electronic photo display of BK's "build".

The70RT

If everyone was like Chuck & JB666 and of course most of the other members here, this thread wouldn't have taken place. But as we all know some slime slips through the cracks and comes on here and tries to shaft us. Too bad sometimes it takes a little longer to find out what people really are. Just because your a Marine or a Police Officer don't mean your really not really a POS!!! I commend what Chuck and JB are doing.....get'er done  :2thumbs:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

jb666

Quote from: The70RT on January 25, 2009, 12:51:01 PM

If everyone was like Chuck & JB666 and of course most of the other members here, this thread wouldn't have taken place. But as we all know some slime slips through the cracks and comes on here and tries to shaft us. Too bad sometimes it takes a little longer to find out what people really are. Just because your a Marine or a Police Officer don't mean your really not really a POS!!! I commend what Chuck and JB are doing.....get'er done  :2thumbs:

Oh we will -- Thank you!! I've asked Steve to clean up the thread a few times to keep it on track, but it's been a steamroller of a thread!!! The best part, it's not over.

jb666

Quote from: skip68 on January 25, 2009, 03:27:03 AM
:cheers:  I'll take that beer General_01.   :cheers:  Thank you sir and hang in there with us as I have a feeling that something is about to unfold  :2thumbs:  I know how it must look at times and when I'm done I'll share everything to all.   :yesnod:  :icon_smile_big:     Chuck................

I'll second that.. I have lots of info/news to share too, I just can't quite do it yet...

69charger2002

truthfully, if this goes legal, which it obviously will, this thread could last for YEARS!
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

jb666

Quote from: 69charger2002 on January 26, 2009, 09:00:32 AM
truthfully, if this goes legal, which it obviously will, this thread could last for YEARS!

With any luck it will outlast BK Auto "LLC".

skip68

skip68

jb666

skip68

:smilielol:   I'm not on fire, I'm just having some fun.  :yesnod:  Part of me does enjoy this but don't tell anyone.   :naughty:   Remember, I think I once said that there are loopholes in everything and if you look in the right place you will find them.   :naughty: :naughty:   

CB

1968 Dodge Coronet 500