News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb666

Fwiw, most Generals had a black engine bay. I just like the looks of body color.

Quote from: The70RT on August 23, 2009, 08:44:03 AM
Who really cares? Maybe he would like to drive it someday  :shruggy:

That's an understatement.

Do you realize (not that anyone's thinking about it) but a week from today is the one year anniversary of my driving to Maryland to buy this thing  :rofl: , so right now one of the last things on my mind is the color of the engine bay.

jaak

Looking great :2thumbs:
I spy a AMX beside the charger, is it a 69???

Jason

jb666

Quote from: jaak on August 23, 2009, 12:29:07 PM
Looking great :2thumbs:
I spy a AMX beside the charger, is it a 69???

Jason

Thank you!

Indeed it is!! Full resto, but the owner put the project on hold and it's been sitting in the corner ever since.. I know if it were mine I'd want that bad boy on the road!!!

FLG

Jeff, the car is comming along amazing. As you know i stopped by today and my god that paint looks awesome!!

And well at least the general now has some charger company for awhile  :2thumbs:

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Charger-Bodie

I thought that a General Lee was the only accecpted place for a black engine compartment?

Thats what I was thinking the rule around here was.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

jb666

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on August 25, 2009, 07:21:11 AM
I thought that a General Lee was the only accecpted place for a black engine compartment?

That is generally the case, no pun intended... But I (like so many others) prefer the body color under the hood. To the best of my knowledge, none of the "tv series" GL's had anything but Black under the hood. It was cheap and easy for WB to put the cars together.. I watched a documentary the other night that said they built as many as 3 cars per day just to trash... Sad. But that's a dead horse for another day.

Quote from: FLG on August 25, 2009, 12:40:41 AM
Jeff, the car is comming along amazing. As you know i stopped by today and my god that paint looks awesome!!

And well at least the general now has some charger company for awhile  :2thumbs:

Thanks Frank!! I'm sorry I missed you this time around. Next time I'll make sure I'm down there too. Glad you liked the job they are doing. Pictures really don't do it any justice, in person it is just awe inspiring!!!

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: jb666 on August 25, 2009, 07:51:47 AM
Quote from: 1HotDaytona on August 25, 2009, 07:21:11 AM

That is generally the case, no pun intended... But I (like so many others) prefer the body color under the hood. To the best of my knowledge, none of the "tv series" GL's had anything but Black under the hood. It was cheap and easy for WB to put the cars together.. I watched a documentary the other night that said they built as many as 3 cars per day just to trash... Sad. But that's a dead horse for another day.

Quote from: FLG on August 25, 2009, 12:40:41 AM

Thanks Frank!! I'm sorry I missed you this time around. Next time I'll make sure I'm down there too. Glad you liked the job they are doing. Pictures really don't do it any justice, in person it is just awe inspiring!!!

I also prefer the body color gine compartment....I just thought it was odd that ,that many people where on you about it since it is a General.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

jb666

Well, you know what? Much like Bull was mentioning in another thread, you can't please everyone, and you're always going to have someone asking you why you did this, why you did that.

As soon as I posted the pics of the graphics that were painted on, I began getting PM's like "Why did you do that style?"  and "Why aren't they spaced out properly for the Georgia era??". Because I DO NOT CARE about an "era specific" look. I want the car the way I want it, because after all, this thing's going to be buried with me when I go!!!!

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: jb666 on August 25, 2009, 08:03:56 AM
Well, you know what? Much like Bull was mentioning in another thread, you can't please everyone, and you're always going to have someone asking you why you did this, why you did that.

As soon as I posted the pics of the graphics that were painted on, I began getting PM's like "Why did you do that style?"  and "Why aren't they spaced out properly for the Georgia era??". Because I DO NOT CARE about an "era specific" look. I want the car the way I want it, because after all, this thing's going to be buried with me when I go!!!!

Amen!

jb666

I got notified of another segment over on Bangshift (formerly Fryburger's) this morning... Pretty cool stuff. This guy has a way with words, and I love the layout.

http://www.bangshift.com/blog/Hack-Job-General-Lee-Video-So-Close-We-Can-Almost-Taste-It.html

Steve P.

So when is the magazine photo shoot scheduled for??  :2thumbs:  Better start dropping those dimes soon. Or maybe quarters..  :shruggy:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

tan top

that thing is looking awesome !!  can see the flake sparkling in a couple of  pictures :coolgleamA:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

jb666

Quote from: Steve P. on August 25, 2009, 10:20:00 AM
So when is the magazine photo shoot scheduled for??  :2thumbs:  Better start dropping those dimes soon. Or maybe quarters..  :shruggy:

Now you know I don't kiss and tell, Steve!!  :icon_smile_big:

Quote from: tan top on August 25, 2009, 10:28:11 AM
that thing is looking awesome !!  can see the flake sparkling in a couple of  pictures :coolgleamA:

Thank you!! Someone said to me the other day "you know, I'm not even a Mopar fan but that thing got me all excited" (in other words). I thought that was very cool.

I know GL's are for everyone, but this is like a dream come true for me, finally...

The70RT

Wow....wish I could be there when you take it out cruising. I cruised with Chuck in his and he gets tons of looks and yee haws and it was great. Yeah some will give you flack no mater how you do things. Some also act like the Duke show was actually real and are reliving that time today.......I guess that's okay but there is also a real life and everyone does things different......don't forget to get your case of shine and a cute Daisy :laugh:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

jb666

Quote from: The70RT on August 25, 2009, 06:20:55 PM
Wow....wish I could be there when you take it out cruising. I cruised with Chuck in his and he gets tons of looks and yee haws and it was great. Yeah some will give you flack no mater how you do things. Some also act like the Duke show was actually real and are reliving that time today.......I guess that's okay but there is also a real life and everyone does things different......don't forget to get your case of shine and a cute Daisy :laugh:

I married my cute little daisy.. In fact, we had a "halloween party" to go to last weekend and she dressed up like Daisy Duke. It was really cool.. I'd post pics, but the outcome wouldn't be too pretty (it would end with a rusty knife).  She played the part very well though  :lol:

Anyways, I'll be the first to tell people that I'm stuck in the 80's, but I know reality from the real world.

Wait... Are you telling me Hazzard doesn't exist???  :o

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

jb666

Speaking of being stuck in the 80's , where's Chuck been lately?? I hope everything's ok with him???

mikepmcs

He was on last night at 2030 hours.   Like me, maybe the skips just decided to slow down for a while and not post as much.  If you notice i've been steering more towards the off topic subs lately.  For some reason my interests have turned elsewhere right now, probably just need a breather or whatever. Maybe he's tired of the way people take things too serious sometimes, like your thread for instance.  Always amazes me how people try to tell people how their car should be. Maybe, maybe, maybe.  I hope Lisa and Chuck are fine as well.
:icon_smile_big:

teamroth

Jeff, I spoke to him a few weeks ago when Mr. Angry was out there. he says things are slow work wise, but everyone is good. Maybe i will give him a call today and if I get ahold of him I will tell him everyone is asking about him.  :2thumbs:
I'd rather die than go to heaven.

jb666

That's cool. I hope everything's ok.

Mike, I know JUST what you're saying. But as you know, that's not just the attitude here. When I had the Z06 torn down to the frame and custom painted, people would be doing the "why not do this while it's apart?" and "Why'd you do that?".  The bottom line is if they want to pay for the resto/paint job, I'll take all suggestions and work with them.. In the meantime, it's coming out of my pocket so it's being done according to my vision.

FLG

Hey Jeff,

Can you take some pics for me if they made any progress on the charger? Not doing much but just a few things that need attention. The big stuff is gonna happen later this year  :2thumbs:

jb666

Quote from: FLG on August 26, 2009, 07:24:23 AM
Hey Jeff,

Can you take some pics for me if they made any progress on the charger? Not doing much but just a few things that need attention. The big stuff is gonna happen later this year  :2thumbs:

Of course I can!! Any excuse to take more pictures!!!

I'll email everything I take when I get back from the shop.  :cheers: :cheers:

FLG

Thanks. Figured your gonna be there saturday to take pics of the general hopefully ill be blocking you in instead of that other crap  :nana:

jb666

Quote from: FLG on August 26, 2009, 07:29:43 AM
Thanks. Figured your gonna be there saturday to take pics of the general hopefully ill be blocking you in instead of that other crap  :nana:

That'll make for some cool pictures. Blocked in by Frank's Charger will be the theme of this weekend's shots! The great thing about that shop (not that there's ONE great thing) is when someone (customer/vendor) walks in there the first thing they say to them is DONT GO NEAR THE CARS IN HERE! I like that, because there are a LOT of people who don't care about/respect other people's property. I remember last week, I told someone to get off my car (they were leaning up against the 06). He said "Oh you're one of those??". Those?? If you mean I care about my paint, then yeah, I am.  :brickwall: