News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ebay and killer deals on superbirds

Started by petercharger, March 16, 2009, 10:28:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troy

Quote from: BigBlockSam on March 18, 2009, 06:03:28 PM

Quoteclones.................. cheap imitations ..............HuhHuhHuhHuhHuh?   Come on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think owning an original car has gone to your head. that statement says a lot about you  . of coarse an original car is worth more .that's because of it's history and it's a factory wing car .

but there is nothing cheap about some of the clones being built on this board .

Take it easy - I believe he's responding to this:
Quote from: 70daytonaclone on March 18, 2009, 08:44:25 AM
lust of the flesh, lust of the eyes, and the pride of life. these cars where mad for a reason, so the factory could race them. they are not race cars just cheap imitation copies. (therefore these are nothing but a factory clone of a race car) as far as a part of race history that is it. I would not pay more that 10 grand for one. thats why I don't have one. just like haveing a crate hemi. they are very great cars, but I have to sweat and get dirty for my  hard earned money,so my $ have a greater buying power(value to me)! just my 2 cents.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

nascarxx29

I started off with a daytona clone that was Ted Janaks personal car .Sold it and found the real daytona shortly after
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

hotrod98

We're all going to be dead in a few years and someone else will be wasting their time and hard earned money on these relics of the past.
Excuse me while my wife and I jump into our $10,000 Roadrunner that has a wing bolted on the back and drive down to Sonic for a burger. :icon_smile_big:

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Big Bird

Troy, BigBlockSam, that is exactly what i was refering to. I have utmost respect for clones & the effort that goes into them.
BIG - BIRD :)

hemigeno

Quote from: hotrod98 on March 18, 2009, 08:52:18 PM
Excuse me while my wife and I jump into our $10,000 Roadrunner that has a wing bolted on the back and drive down to Sonic for a burger. :icon_smile_big:

... with a big smile the whole way too, I'll bet...

:2thumbs:

moparstuart

We're all going to be dead in a few years and someone else will be wasting their time and hard earned money on these relics of the past.

If it's only worth 10 K  let me write you a check right now .  Have it ready for me i'm coming to get it .   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

69charger2002

amen brother that's my mentality too. i could buy a 75k superbird off ebay tomorrow but then i'd be scared to drive it.. and i like to be able to hop in and go with any of them, or i don't want them. but i have to say for the arguments above, they may be race car "copies", but nevertheless they are rare, legit paperwork trailed factory cars and no factory has ever rolled out such a unique good looking car, before or after they were produced. that is why they are valuable. lots of rare cars out there, but not as desirable/valuable
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

hotrod98

I'll be the first to admit that I would love to own a real wingcar, or two, or three. But, I don't and I don't see them as being a good investment for me at this point in my life. So, I'll just be content to drive the wingrunner, and concentrate on finishing the daytona clone as time allows and then when the time is right, I'll start on the bird clone. Simple as that.
As for the 10K number on the runner, that's about what I have invested in the car at this time, including the new brakes, new wheels and tires, engine rebuild and wing. I don't know what it's worth, but I do know that I don't have any plans to sell it. It's too much fun now. We've driven it more in the last week than in the last five years.

Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on March 19, 2009, 10:58:51 AM
I'll be the first to admit that I would love to own a real wingcar, or two, or three. But, I don't and I don't see them as being a good investment for me at this point in my life. So, I'll just be content to drive the wingrunner, and concentrate on finishing the daytona clone as time allows and then when the time is right, I'll start on the bird clone. Simple as that.
As for the 10K number on the runner, that's about what I have invested in the car at this time, including the new brakes, new wheels and tires, engine rebuild and wing. I don't know what it's worth, but I do know that I don't have any plans to sell it. It's too much fun now. We've driven it more in the last week than in the last five years.

cant back out now i'm packed and on the way to get it    :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

tyly

so many nice cars is coming to Europe now.    Three years ago 1 dollar is 0.70 euro, when I bought my car in last September, one euro is 1.51 dollar.  100 000 euro was 151 000 dollars.

But now, here is very bad economic crisis too.
Plymouth Superbird 440 six-pack, 4-speed, 15000 miles
Dodge Charger -70 RT/SE Hemi
Dodge Challenger convertible -70 6.4 SRT HEMI

http://tyly.kuvat.fi/

nascarxx29

You did get a nice yellow 6 pack car to take over :2thumbs:
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

62 Max

Quote from: 69charger2002 on March 19, 2009, 08:24:08 AM

amen brother that's my mentality too. i could buy a 75k superbird off ebay tomorrow but then i'd be scared to drive it.. and i like to be able to hop in and go with any of them, or i don't want them. but i have to say for the arguments above, they may be race car "copies", but nevertheless they are rare, legit paperwork trailed factory cars and no factory has ever rolled out such a unique good looking car, before or after they were produced. that is why they are valuable. lots of rare cars out there, but not as desirable/valuable
trav

I must be sick in the head,I put almost 500mi on mine last year and it ain't no clone.Never bothered me a bit. :image_294343:

69_500

Quote from: 62 Max on March 19, 2009, 04:36:41 PM
Quote from: 69charger2002 on March 19, 2009, 08:24:08 AM

trav

I must be sick in the head,I put almost 500mi on mine last year and it ain't no clone.Never bothered me a bit. :image_294343:

Nothing wrong with driving an aero car. I drove mine from Indy to Carlisle last year. 1,200 miles round trip. Plus a few other shows.  I have averaged about 1,500 miles on it per year that I've owned it. I have every intention to drive it from Indy down to Talladega later on this year as well. They are just as easily repaired and worked on as a cloned car. Me personally I've always felt if you aren't going to drive it why have it? When I do get a Daytona I will drive it just like I do my 500.

hotrod98

So, you don't mind parking them at Wal-Mart for a few hours every once in a while? Good for you. If someone backs into it or slams the side with a car door...no big deal. That's what insurance and body shops are for.  I like the way you guys think.
99% of the general public wouldn't own one of these old lead sleds for any amount of money and we all think they're cool.
That makes our 1% pretty unique.  :icon_smile_big:

Charles Addams

pettybird

69_500

I have driven the 500 to Wal-mart plenty of times. Drive it to church on the weekends, even drove it to baseball practice there at the park last year. Its a car, and yes its rare, but why not drive it and enjoy it and allow others to see it. Keep in mind though that my car is far from a nice example, and it needs a lot of things done to it. But even if it was restored the way I want it to be, I'd still drive it.

hotrod98

But even if it was restored the way I want it to be, I'd still drive it.

Me too. Be sure and leave the keys in it though. I'm getting too old to crawl under the dash.  :icon_smile_big:

Charles Addams

WingCharger

Quote from: hotrod98 on March 19, 2009, 06:56:57 PM
But even if it was restored the way I want it to be, I'd still drive it.

Me too. Be sure and leave the keys in it though. I'm getting too old to crawl under the dash.  :icon_smile_big:
Interested in passing your car to an obsessed young gun? :icon_smile_big:

69_500

Tell you what WingCharger, when I get old you can buy the car from me. I plan on living at least another 70 years so how long can ya wait?

WingCharger

Quote from: 69_500 on March 19, 2009, 07:23:39 PM
Tell you what WingCharger, when I get old you can buy the car from me. I plan on living at least another 70 years so how long can ya wait?
Hhhmmm...I will be 85. :scratchchin: :scratchchin: Hope I don't scratch the paint. :icon_smile_big:

BigBlockSam

QuoteI have driven the 500 to Wal-mart plenty of times. Drive it to church on the weekends, even drove it to baseball practice there at the park last year. Its a car, and yes its rare, but why not drive it and enjoy it and allow others to see it. Keep in mind though that my car is far from a nice example, and it needs a lot of things done to it. But even if it was restored the way I want it to be, I'd still drive it.

you are the exception to the rule . most of those restored wing cars don't get driven on a daily basis.

i remember reading on a different board that if he drove his restored superbird for an hour , it would need 5 hours of cleaning .   :shruggy:

i understand that . if i spent 60k re doing a car . i would be nervous driving it . that's why i like driver quality cars for me . i don't like cleaning my cars . Rene

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

62 Max

Quote from: WingCharger on March 19, 2009, 07:58:39 PM
Quote from: 69_500 on March 19, 2009, 07:23:39 PM
Hhhmmm...I will be 85. :scratchchin: :scratchchin: Hope I don't scratch the paint. :icon_smile_big:

Was going to tell you if you were ever in PA,I'd give you the keys for an hour "BUT",just read your profile and saw your age.Changed my mind  !.  :icon_smile_big:

hotrod98

Rene, that's exactly why I decided to sell you the Superbee. I knew that you would repair it to the point of being a reliable driver and then do something that a lot of guys don't do...Drive it !!!  After seeing what you did to the bee, it gave me the inspiration to do the same thing to my runner. Funny how I have all of these cars sitting around and I never really pay much attention to them. I'm finding that some of the un-restored ones can be quite a bit of fun to play with. Even Sandra looks forward to getting out in one of the cars every day. Despite driving the wheels off of the wingrunner this week, we've even gotten the 79 T/A out of storage, washed it up and drove it to lunch a couple of times.
The way that I see it, I can have 10 or 12 pretty nice driving cars or one real wingcar.

Looks pretty good all cleaned up and everything. :yesnod:

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

QuoteRene, that's exactly why I decided to sell you the Superbee.

i gotta tell you i luv that bee.  :yesnod: she's a great car and she loved the winter . she starts real easy even in 10 degree weather . runs cool . i could drive her cross country if i wanted too . i put almost 400 miles on her since i bought her from you . yes almost everything in the car has been replaced except the motor trans and rear end but that's what you gotta do to cars that have been laying a long time. i had to do the something to my roadrunner.
  this year I'm gonna change the distributor to an msd and clean and repaint the motor . then drive the wheels off her . Rene