News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'68 Charger R/T #'s Matching Rebuild

Started by BLUE68RT4ME, March 20, 2009, 11:41:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUE68RT4ME

Looking for my cable for my digital camera!  Patience please!  lol  :sorry: :scope:
Mark Schultz
"BLUE68RT4ME"

FlatbackFanatic

we ran out of patience, pictures! pictures! pictures! :icon_smile_big: Did you find the cable yet?? :icon_smile_big:
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

69 Bama R/T

PocketThunder

Quote from: BLUE68RT4ME on March 16, 2011, 05:04:24 PM
Looking for my cable for my digital camera!  Patience please!  lol  :sorry: :scope:

Damn that technology has everyone in a loop!!   :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

BLUE68RT4ME

Quote from: PocketThunder on March 16, 2011, 09:54:28 PM
Damn that technology has everyone in a loop!!   :icon_smile_big:

Alright guys!  I'm getting seriously beat up here!   :icon_smile_blackeye:  I'll make my best effort to find it tonight!  Promise!  Even though it's St. Patrick's Day!  lol
Mark Schultz
"BLUE68RT4ME"

twodko

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

BLUE68RT4ME

Finally!  I found my cable at my mother's house this weekend!  I had left it there the last time I was back for to work on it!  Now maybe you guys will get off my case!   :poke:   ;)
Mark Schultz
"BLUE68RT4ME"

BLUE68RT4ME

more...
Mark Schultz
"BLUE68RT4ME"

BLUE68RT4ME

and more...
Mark Schultz
"BLUE68RT4ME"

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

BLUE68RT4ME

Well, brushing off the dust on my thread here.  Here is a little more progress.  Once they finish up the drivers quarter the only body work left up top, other than final blocking, is to finish around the rear window and one spot on the passenger side pillar base.  They still have to get back underneath and clean up around the new floor insert on the drivers side but then the rear end comes out and the underside gets primed and painted.  Then the front end comes off and the same will be done, as well as replacing all the bushings and ball-joints.  After that, I think you guys get the idea.  Here are some pics...
Mark Schultz
"BLUE68RT4ME"

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

PocketThunder

Is the battery used for a step stool?   :shruggy:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

GPULLER

Quote from: PocketThunder on June 17, 2011, 08:45:44 AM
Is the battery used for a step stool?   :shruggy:

I'm gonna guess its back up in case the jack stand fails!   :lol:

BLUE68RT4ME

Alright you two, don't make me come over there!!  :nono: Either of you going to Back to the 50's?
Mark Schultz
"BLUE68RT4ME"

PocketThunder

Quote from: BLUE68RT4ME on June 17, 2011, 11:10:08 PM
Alright you two, don't make me come over there!!  :nono: Either of you going to Back to the 50's?

yep, going sunday morning!

:yesnod: :2thumbs:

BLUE68RT4ME

P.M. me your number if you want to meet.  I may go Sunday too.
Mark Schultz
"BLUE68RT4ME"

General_01

Just went today. Got about 1 1/2 hours of no rain and then it rained on us for about 3 hours until we left. We actually went into some of the buildings with vendors and bought some stuff. First time I ever went into the buildings at Back To The 50's.  :lol:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

PocketThunder

Quote from: BLUE68RT4ME on June 17, 2011, 11:56:36 PM
P.M. me your number if you want to meet.  I may go Sunday too.

Hey Mark, it was nice to meet you yesterday.  You should have brought your old binder then my kids could have rode around in the back!   :icon_smile_big:

GPULLER

We were supposed to have a tractor pull Sunday.  It was rescheduled from a rain out last week, yep it got rained out again on Sunday.  My wife talked about heading up because neither one of us had ever been there.  We figured there was too much stuff to do around the yard so we decided to stay home and work.
We do plan on getting to Anoka this summer so I think we should all try to meet there sometime.

BLUE68RT4ME

Quote from: GPULLER on June 20, 2011, 10:35:47 AM
We were supposed to have a tractor pull Sunday.  It was rescheduled from a rain out last week, yep it got rained out again on Sunday.  My wife talked about heading up because neither one of us had ever been there.  We figured there was too much stuff to do around the yard so we decided to stay home and work.
We do plan on getting to Anoka this summer so I think we should all try to meet there sometime.

That sounds good just as long as I'm in town.  Just remember, no amount of beer is going to convince me to let you keep my stroker in your engine bay!  :smilielol:

Paul, nice to meet you too. Hope we can eventually get the two Gen 2's out together before we retire!   :lol:
Mark Schultz
"BLUE68RT4ME"

GPULLER

Quote from: BLUE68RT4ME on June 20, 2011, 07:07:34 PM
That sounds good just as long as I'm in town.  Just remember, no amount of beer is going to convince me to let you keep my stroker in your engine bay!  :smilielol:

Paul, nice to meet you too. Hope we can eventually get the two Gen 2's out together before we retire!   :lol:

There is always enough beer around to make people do things they regret!

BLUE68RT4ME

Wow this thread got dusty!  Well, here's my update... I am in the process of rebuilding the tranny as I write this; it's right here on the floor in front of me.  The power steering pump and unit have been sent off to Firm Feel for some nurturing and they will return with all sorts of friends to help rebuild the front end.

As for the car.  All the detachable panels have been blocked 4 times and ready for paint.  The body has been blocked twice, with two more shots to go.  The plan for the upcoming Thanksgiving break is to tear the K-frame off to disassemble all the suspension, sand blast it, and repaint it.  Then, paint the engine bay, and the motor as well.

From there, Aaron's guys will work on painting the undercarriage by Christmas and when I return for Christmas we plan to paint the rest of it and start reassembling the car.   :2thumbs:

He got the paint from PPG and while I was there we opened up the can to take a look at it.  The paint looked amazing despite being THE WRONG COLOR!   :slap:  Aaron went back to PPG and they sent a color from the late 80's by mistake.  So, they sent the correct stuff recently and it was a match.  Looks good, I can't wait to see it on metal!

I have a couple pics of the car after a coat of dura-blast but they're on my phone so I can't put them up at the moment.  Hang tight, the rock is starting to roll again!   :cheers:
Mark Schultz
"BLUE68RT4ME"

BLUE68RT4ME

The thunder became silent, the clouds began to clear, the sun's light shone brightly, and choirs of angels could be heard on high... It's a miracle my friends, there is blue paint on my Charger!   :2thumbs:
Mark Schultz
"BLUE68RT4ME"

Fitz73Chrgr

Quote from: BLUE68RT4ME on February 14, 2012, 09:23:52 AM
The thunder became silent, the clouds began to clear, the sun's light shone brightly, and choirs of angels could be heard on high... It's a miracle my friends, there is blue paint on my Charger!   :2thumbs:

More pics!
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541