News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

ZSmithersCharges Torture... I mean resto! (Video added page 5 5/12/2010)

Started by ZSmithersCharges, October 21, 2009, 03:52:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSmithersCharges

:icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: I'll try to get a video clip but currently its just open headers and that 4 barrel 383 doesn't like being quiet so the sound is just total blur from a crappy cell mic  :lol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :lol:

Total cost so far $50 buck 600cfm eddy carb(craigslist :2thumbs:)
value battery $50
misc hoses and spark plugs including distributor $150
total $250 NOT BAD... excuse me while I go do cart wheels around the block!! Hahaha

ZSmithersCharges

Oh and $4500 for the car... mMmMMMM Mopar or NO CAR BABY!

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: skip68 on October 21, 2009, 03:57:41 PM
:2thumbs:   Pictures.   :yesnod:

There you go  :2thumbs:
Yes that is a Micky'D's cup to the fuel pump, yes I have a nearby fire extinguisher
Yes there is a lot of sh*t missing yes I will replace it all but mainly,
I JUST NEEDED THE MOTIVATION OF KNOWING SHE RAN  :yesnod:

ZSmithersCharges

Oh and NO the radiator is not hooked up it was in the way of me lining up the timing marks for installing the dist. I will go put it back in now  ;)

Rolling_Thunder

are you planning on keeping all that old A/C stuff ?   
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

69bronzeT5

It's an awesome feeling isn't it? :cheers: :2thumbs: :woohoo: First time I ever heard my Duster run (pardon my stupid comments :slap: :lol:).....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQnkEURjGP0

It went from that to this.... :coolgleamA:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtLgW1EVnL4
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on October 21, 2009, 04:13:08 PM
are you planning on keeping all that old A/C stuff ?   

Yes sir! I want it all original with maybe the exception of some nice wheels, but im keeping the originals of those as well if I do trade them out  :cheers:

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on October 21, 2009, 04:16:16 PM
It's an awesome feeling isn't it? :cheers: :2thumbs: :woohoo: First time I ever heard my Duster run (pardon my stupid comments :slap: :lol:).....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQnkEURjGP0

It went from that to this.... :coolgleamA:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtLgW1EVnL4

Thats pretty much how it went except something with my starter is screwed up so all I literally have to do is touch the terminals to the battery and it starts turning over the starter.  Anyways its turning its turning and I'm just sitting there holding the choke with my fingers because its not hooked up thinking eh maybe ill give it 10 more seconds before coming in and posting a help thread on DC and then all of the sudden VROOM!! I immediately disconnected the battery just out of instinct and then I realised what had just happened  :rofl: :rofl:

Lizey

congrats!!!  :cheers:

thats one of us now ive just gotta get my machine going now
1977 Dodge Charger SE - Sold 4/18/15
2013 Chevrolet Camaro RS
1993 GMC K1500
1943 Farmall A

Charger440RDN

Pictures!! Pictures!! Pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!  :dance: :dance: We need to see the car!!! :icon_smile_big: :popcrn:

The70RT

Cool. Did you just recently get the car..........yeah lets see some pics.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

rt green

i want to see what 4500 bucks buys these days
third string oil changer

ZSmithersCharges

Troy my threads always put you to work huh  :lol: I will do pictures tomorrow I just got back and saw your requests(even though admittedly I knew there were going to be requests even before posting :slap:)!  Its dark here already and its only 7:20 so if you tune back in tomorrow no later than 9am there will be plenty of pics  :2thumbs: They wont be pretty but they wont be horrible either.

Like the first thread troy posted its a 4 barrel 383 3speed auto with original ac(can hardly even mention that though as its barely even hooked up) It is in bad need of a trunk pan and gas tank as the rust ate threw both.  Its got bad spots in the front of both floors but they're not horrible.  Subframes are lovely from what I can see from the bottom but its always whats inside that counts.  The worst spot up front is the battery tray, no surprises there, new tray good as new.  Either way full pics tomorrow!

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: Lizey on October 21, 2009, 04:54:40 PM
congrats!!!  :cheers:

thats one of us now ive just gotta get my machine going now

Send me a PM if you get caught up anywhere.  Oh and just for refference the edelbrock carb videos are FALSE when they install their carb they said it takes 15 seconds for the carb to be primed and start the car... WRONG mine took atleast 1 minute worth of cranking to get enough gas and I know the pump was working fine I ran it into a cup first to make sure I was getting flow and changed the filter.  Main thing, dont get discouraged.  Its not rocket science you need fuel, air, and a decent spark and viola your good to go.

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: The70RT on October 21, 2009, 05:31:47 PM
Cool. Did you just recently get the car..........yeah lets see some pics.
Yea a little over a week ago I think.  I got the car from a guy in Oregon named Mike, real cool guy.  He used some of the running components on his 69 charger and swore to me it ran and said he would start it up for me if need be.  The title came from the original owner and he said it ran real strong.  I didn't want to create more work for him though and I was only there for a couple hours before my flight back to Ohio so I was more focused on getting all the misc parts to the car situated and getting the car ready for the shippers when they got there to pick it up.  I got nothing but good vibes from the guy Mike though so I trusted him, which in this case my intuition was correct and it runs very strong.  I couldn't be happier, pics tomorrow  :cheers: I was holding off on pics till I knew it ran so I wouldn't be falsely advertising my running 383 project.

Johnny SixPack

Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Brock Samson

Pictures or it didn't happen!  :shruggy:

I'm kidding of course, I'm glad for you, still wanna see some pics though...  :scratchchin:

dpm68

Quoteare you planning on keeping all that old A/C stuff?
I have a good deal of that A/C stuff - what's it worth?
Sorry about the hijack. Congratz on getting her running!

The70RT

Just for Brock............
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ZSmithersCharges

It's a hard place to get any detailed shots but heres a few pictures from where it sits.

Interior packed full of extras including but not limited to front bumper, new rear bumper(has imperfections currently), new deck lid, all bumper supports, oil pump, air box off of 440(random), new front window(that got cracked in shipping go figure), a bunch of misc interior trinkets, a lot of other stuff I'm forgetting to mention, carbs distributors what have you.

This is the worst spot rust whise on the car everything else will be easy compared to fixing this trunk.

I will do more pics later when I get the brakes working so I can drive it to a new area  :cheers:

Things I'm missing interior whise is carpet headliner and door moldings, everything else is very much there.  Again I will back this up with more pictures later on.

Charger440RDN

The body looks so good and straight it almost looks like you could scuff and paint it  :lol: Forget the long restoration thing  :smilielol:

ACUDANUT

Congratualtions. I think you need a bigger carb though. 600's are for small blocks.  :Twocents:
I always tell people you just need a spark and fuel to get it to run. Air is a gimmie because if we didn't have that we all would be dead anyway.

ZSmithersCharges

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnZTHrNfzt0

Video and you with the air comments hush up I could be an alien and not need air, then how would I know if it was getting air or not  :nana: