News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

SNOW SUCKS!!!!!!!!!

Started by BLACKWOLF, December 07, 2005, 12:40:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PocketThunder

I have a couple old early 70's Artic Cats like the one shown below.  Work on em for 4 hours, ride em for one.  But that one hour is pretty damn fun!  Nothing like cleated tracks on a frozen lake to catch and edge and buck you off on you’re a$$....  You old guys know what I'm talkin bout.....  (I'm 30 by the way).  i cant afford a new sled right now so these $100 beaters get me by.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Blown70

Quote from: PocketThunder on December 16, 2005, 11:49:21 AM
I have a couple old early 70's Artic Cats like the one shown below.   Work on em for 4 hours, ride em for one.   But that one hour is pretty damn fun!   Nothing like cleated tracks on a frozen lake to catch and edge and buck you off on you’re a$$....   You old guys know what I'm talkin bout.....   (I'm 30 by the way).   i cant afford a new sled right now so these $100 beaters get me by.

LOL
I had the Polaris version.....Yes more than once I was tossed on my ass or head.

Tom

HAZZARDJOHN

Nice sled! I like those old school sleds. I might be getting the sled below. I still will have my 2000 XC sp, but my Dealer has one of these brandnew he couldn't sell last year and is willing to make a deal. I might do it, right after I get through Christmas. We'l see. I really like it and it has a way better ride than my 2000! ;D
http://www.polarisindustries.com/en-us/Snowmobiles/2005Models/50Anniversary/600XCSP/
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't fix your brakes, but don't worry I made your horn louder."

TeeWJay426

Gotta love New England.... in the span of one week, we've had a foot-plus snow storm, -10 degrees, and it's now pouring rain, after starting as snow and transitioning to the wet stuff. Been in the Northeast all my life; born in NJ, grew up in upstate NY, and now New England.... and I'm so sick of winter, it's not even funny anymore. Could have transferred with my company to a job in Virginia Beach this year; kids didn't want to move, so that screwed me there. Guess I'll just resign myself to the fact that I'm stuck here till retirement, after which i WILL be a snowbird and head to warmth every winter, and I don't care if anybody joins me or not!

This was last winter- my 'snowmobile' ready for action....
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

Charger_Fan

I have a couple old early 70's Artic Cats like the one shown below.   Work on em for 4 hours, ride em for one.   But that one hour is pretty damn fun!   Nothing like cleated tracks on a frozen lake to catch and edge and buck you off on you’re a$$....   You old guys know what I'm talkin bout.....   (I'm 30 by the way).   i cant afford a new sled right now so these $100 beaters get me by.

You flatlanders probably don't have too many problems like we do.
Around here, guys who have dinosaurs like that end up getting stranded 20 miles into the back country, in a dead cell phone area, try to hike out...but only after they've burned all the remainig fuel in their gas tanks to keep warm...end up lost, then freeze to death in the middle of the night. The hills are scoured for days by search & rescue people, who finally give up after X amount of time...another friggin' statistic on the evening news, as their families tell of what a nice goodhearted outdoorsey guy he was.
Months later, sometime during the summer, their mostly rotted bodies are finally discovered by some nature lover's dog as they're out for a nice hike on a warm day.

Yep, winter activities sure are fun...I'll stick to my steetbike for my jollies, thanks. :icon_smile_tongue:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

HAZZARDJOHN

Well that was an upbeat post! :o

:icon_smile_big:
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't fix your brakes, but don't worry I made your horn louder."

Afflyer

Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

PocketThunder

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on December 16, 2005, 01:40:52 PM

Around here, guys who have dinosaurs like that end up getting stranded 20 miles into the back country, in a dead cell phone area, try to hike out...but only after they've burned all the remainig fuel in their gas tanks to keep warm...end up lost, then freeze to death in the middle of the night. The hills are scoured for days by search & rescue people, who finally give up after X amount of time...another friggin' statistic on the evening news, as their families tell of what a nice goodhearted outdoorsey guy he was.
Months later, sometime during the summer, their mostly rotted bodies are finally discovered by some nature lover's dog as they're out for a nice hike on a warm day.

Yep, winter activities sure are fun...I'll stick to my steetbike for my jollies, thanks. :icon_smile_tongue:

Oh i never go out further than a couple miles on my own.  We usually always have a new sled with us and a tow rope that gets used often... :yesnod:..

Is 400' of elevation change no longer considered "flatlander"? 
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Charger_Fan

Quote from: HAZZARDJOHN on December 16, 2005, 01:47:52 PM
Well that was an upbeat post! :o

:icon_smile_big:
Told ya I hate snow. :icon_smile_tongue:

Quote from: PocketThunder on December 16, 2005, 02:01:40 PM

Is 400' of elevation change no longer considered "flatlander"? 
Ok, you're upgraded to a bumplander. ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Shakey

Quote from: andy74 on December 16, 2005, 11:03:38 AM
well just finally got to work ,at 10 am-freezing rain all night,turned to snow around 4 am,have 8 inches on top of ice,and its great driving here to work!!! fuck old man winter

Sounds like he FU*KED you Andy!   :icon_smile_big:

Be patient, he'll be gone soon!

TeeWJay426

74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

R2

Well,,,,,after living in Michigan all my life,,,,and now moving to Louisville Kentucky,,,,I can say,,,,I DO NOT MISS THE SNOW AT ALL....
Kentucky is awesome,,,,,
It is 40 and SUNNY today,,,,no snow yet this year,,,,,
Where i used to live in Michigan,,,,,they just got 8 inches,,,,,,i have been following the weather where we used to live,,,
I enclosed a pic from last year with the kids out side the old house/garage with the snow......

I am planning on taking the Charger out tomorrow for a ride,,,supposed to be relatively decent weather tomrrow.........

SNOW BLOWS...........

dart3404

SNOW AND COLD SUCK makes me super super grumpy  :flame:

73-charger-383

i think you just gotta know how to deal with it........

Chryco Psycho

Quote from: dart3404 on December 16, 2005, 07:18:00 PM

SNOW AND COLD SUCK makes me super super grumpy   :flame:

I agree , why would I want to know How to deal with it

8WHEELER

HOLLY COW, we got 3in of snow here near Seattle hard to believe, and its been between 18 and 25 degrees
every night for 2wks. Its hard to believe how many wrecks these idiots can get in with such little snow  ::)

Our old dog wanted in, the puppie loves it and stays outside the hole time, and checks out the old boy  ;D

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: 8WHEELER on December 17, 2005, 04:29:08 AM
Its hard to believe how many wrecks these idiots can get in with such little snow   ::)
We have the same problem here. It's like everyone forgets how to drive in the snow during the course of summertime...when it snows, people have to learn all over again how to drive in the white crap. There's far fewer wrecks at the end of the season. :eyes:

That 2nd pic is funny. :smilielol:

GTX

Ha! Isn't it comical to hear about these clowns who go in the back country and don't come out?
I get tired of hearing about these idiots who think that nothing can bad happen to them just because they've been lucky in the past and then end up a statistic for that season.

At least it's fun news for the rest of us to listen to the families talk about them.

'George was an experienced outdoorsman who loved back country skiing and sledding  but never carried an avalanche transmitter, didn't own a gps or a signaling device and was found without even a lighter in his pocket.'

You expect the people from the flatlands to be caught unaware in the backcountry or be surprised by altitude sickness but the locals I don't feel sorry for.

Can you tell the cold has made me cranky??
Too many days below freezing!!

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on December 16, 2005, 01:40:52 PM

BLACKWOLF

>:( :-[ :'( :'( it's snowing here again! 12/17 damn it!
LINNY SMITH 73' CHARGER OWNER HPAC MEMBER NATIONAL STREET MACHINE CLUB LIFE MEMBER
I'M ON FACEBOOK

Sinister68

I don't know how you northern folks live with that situation every winter.   That stuff would drive me to drink!   :icon_smile_cool:

On the flip side, I'm not sure how us Houstonians manage 100 degree heat with 100 % humidity!   Tons of A/C I guess!   :rotz:
-James
2013 Challenger SRT - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 1968 Charger (R/T)
6.4 Hemi/Auto - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 440 4bbl/5 Speed/Dana 3.54

HAZZARDJOHN

Quote from: Sinister68 on December 17, 2005, 11:20:51 PM
I don't know how you northern folks live with that situation every winter.   That stuff would drive me to drink!  
:haha:

I think you hit the nail square on the head! ;)

GTX

I'm one of those who would by far rather be hot than cold. In Las Vegas in the Summer when it's 120 I have air conditioning indoors and I can live much better in the heat anyway so outdoors doesn't really bother me.  Same here in Utah in the Summers when it hits 100 or so but anything below 65 is too damn cold for me!!

I don't care much for artificially refrigerated air but it sure beats real arctic air. Still, I was in Dallas last Summer and it was like hitting a thick wall of humidity going outside when it as 90/80. I felt like I was drowning for the first several days then I came home and it felt like I was choking on dry dust. Overall though I like warm, dry air. ;D

Quote from: Sinister68 on December 17, 2005, 11:20:51 PM
I don't know how you northern folks live with that situation every winter.  That stuff would drive me to drink:icon_smile_cool:

On the flip side, I'm not sure how us Houstonians manage 100 degree heat with 100 % humidity!  Tons of A/C I guess!  :rotz:

TheGhost

Quote from: TeeWJay426 on December 16, 2005, 02:45:09 PM
Not soon enough!

Agreed.  It's snowing here again.  We still got snow left over from 2 weeks ago.  And, of course, the plows did SUCH a great job on the streets in my neighborhood... ::)  There are still spots of ice 3-4 inches thick, while the rest of the ice is completely gone.  It's pretty hard on the suspension. :rotz:
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Nupe

My drive to work last week during a storm that left about 10" of snow.   Another storm this week that left about 5" then turned to rain and froze everything.   :flame:   This stuff is just depressing...   :rotz:

'79 Lil'Red Express.

ramminon

Why don't all you that hate winter find something to do during winter???  I live in upstate NY and its going to be cold and snowy until april, so I get the snowmobiles out and have fun :icon_smile_big:
1973 Charger Work in Progress