News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

HID headlights

Started by 68charger440R/T, July 19, 2010, 07:16:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68charger440R/T

Just put them in, what do you guys think?
1 of 33,514

68charger440R/T

more
1 of 33,514

68charger440R/T

and more
1 of 33,514

sixty8charger

i think they look great! love the brightness!  :icon_smile_cool:
Jayson

68charger440R/T

Thanks, they really brighten up the road. ;)
1 of 33,514

WHITE AND RED 69

Looks great.  :2thumbs: I did the same with mine a while back, one of the best upgrades you can make. My old headlights could barely light up 10 feet in front of me, with the xenons I can see everything.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Rolling_Thunder

Yep - I have mine wired up - just need to get the car running and I should be able to actually see how well they light up...       :brickwall:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Just 6T9 CHGR

What kit did you use?  Easy to "hide"?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

charger2fast4u

how was the install was it a plug n play or did you do some wiring? they are a good upgrade from stock.

68charger440R/T

I used a kit by the ''hid factory'' but i had to buy a ''Navigator'' h3 5 1/2'' truck driving light kit and take all the plastic off because i didn't want to mess with the glass bulbs. Then i got a H3 shorty hid kit for $60 and it clamped right in, no wire cutting at all the prongs slid right in to the old plugs. I highly recommend every one do this cause it already saved me from hitting a few deer i wouldn't be able to see with the old ones. :2thumbs:
1 of 33,514

HITMAN 149

$$$$$$$??????? lol
just out of curiosity if ya don't mind??
:2thumbs:
loooks great!!!
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

68charger440R/T

1 of 33,514

Foreman72

Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

68charger440R/T

Well you get the hid kit alot cheaper if you go to there store it was like $60 and i think you can put them in the old bulbs if you make the hole a little bigger.
1 of 33,514

TexasStroker

Nice.  Anything that makes driving the car easier or safer is a plus.  The mod is hidden in the daytime and making the road and yourself more visible at night is a definite plus.
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

klutch

Thanks for sharing this, great upgrade for our cars.

By the way looks killer on your car!  :2thumbs:
(Insert something clever here)

68charger440R/T

1 of 33,514

69RT3X9

WOW!  Love the looks of the your ride and the HID headlights are great!   :drool5:  My 69 Charger R/T headlights are so dim and yellow looking that a couple of flashlights taped to my hood would probably be brighter!  To temporarily solve the problem, I avoid driving at night!

Would you mind sharing some more specific details of how you put your kit together, some pics or details of how you installed it, and any recommendations or suggestions on anything you might have done differently?   Did you make any changes to your low beams or are you running the normal halogens there?  Are you still utilizing the stock headlight switch on the dash and the high-beam floor switch?

I tried to follow the information from your post on 7/20 regarding your references to the HID Factory and the "Navigator" and "H3 shorty" kits.  But, I am not finding them on the HID Factory website (www.hidfactory.com).

In short, I could really use the "HID Headlight Conversion for Dummies" version of your project since I have not found an "off-the-shelf" plug-n-play HID kit for 69 Chargers anywhere.  Your results are impressive!  Very Nice Work!   :2thumbs:

68charger440R/T

Sorry the web site isnt called hid factory its http://www.thehidfactory.com/#/home/ my mistake. ill try to make a step by step post today with pics. :2thumbs:
1 of 33,514

HITMAN 149

68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

klutch

Quote from: 69RT3X9 on July 22, 2010, 10:27:21 AM
WOW!  Love the looks of the your ride and the HID headlights are great!   :drool5:  My 69 Charger R/T headlights are so dim and yellow looking that a couple of flashlights taped to my hood would probably be brighter!  To temporarily solve the problem, I avoid driving at night!

Would you mind sharing some more specific details of how you put your kit together, some pics or details of how you installed it, and any recommendations or suggestions on anything you might have done differently?   Did you make any changes to your low beams or are you running the normal halogens there?  Are you still utilizing the stock headlight switch on the dash and the high-beam floor switch?

I tried to follow the information from your post on 7/20 regarding your references to the HID Factory and the "Navigator" and "H3 shorty" kits.  But, I am not finding them on the HID Factory website (www.hidfactory.com).

In short, I could really use the "HID Headlight Conversion for Dummies" version of your project since I have not found an "off-the-shelf" plug-n-play HID kit for 69 Chargers anywhere.  Your results are impressive!  Very Nice Work!   :2thumbs:

Agreed, we all want to know man.  :yesnod:
(Insert something clever here)

68charger440R/T

Ok i got all the pic now i just need to figure out how to post them in between my sentences  :scratchchin:
1 of 33,514

jpsycoboy5

What kind of amps are these bulbs drawing?? haha do you have the stock alternator or the upgraded one?
1973 dodge charger se was 318 in process of swapping in 440

68charger440R/T

dang cant figure it out :flame: :flame: :flame:
1 of 33,514

68charger440R/T

Ok im going to have to do this post by post so bear with me  :brickwall:

First i went to pepboys and picked up the ''Navigator'' 5 1/2 inch truck light kit.

Then i removed the plastic around the light.
1 of 33,514